I love BlackBerry!! But almost everyone I know hates it. I always try to tell them why I think that its the best platform available but I don't know if I'm coming across well. What can/should I tell people that want me to convert to the other platforms about BlackBerry so that they can know about the greatness of the berry?
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-21-11 11:02 AM
    This is just bait to fuel the flames. It's really these posts that need to be cleaned out.
    11-21-11 11:08 AM
    Nothing. Just enjoy your device and tell them to enjoy theirs.
    If they don't have an open mind to listen to you telling them the plus points, then there is nothing that you can tell them which might convince them to try out a BB. Just the way it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 11:09 AM
    I never understand when someone feels the need to defend a cell phone choice. You have a BB......great. I want an iPhone.......great. The beat goes on.
    11-21-11 11:11 AM
    Exactly. I do not feel as if I need to "defend" anything. I also do not feel the need to bash anyone else's phone or phone choice.

Use what it best for you and roll on.
    11-21-11 11:18 AM
    This is just bait to fuel the flames. It's really these posts that need to be cleaned out.
    Well you can always report the thread to the mods and bring their attention to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 11:22 AM
    Hey there..

I get this all the time whenever I tell people I have a BB. Basically what I do is just tell them why I got a BB and why that particular platform is good for me.

For example, I tell them that I do a lot of texting and messaging in general, and that I need a physical keyboard to do it. I also tell them that I do have an iPod touch <first generation from 2007> and I've tried sending emails from there, but I find it very challenging to type on the screen (hence I talk about form factor). I also talk about security.

I also tell them why the others aren't for me.

For example, I tell them that <and this is 100% true>..that I DO like the iPhone and I think it's a great phone..however, I'm not a huge game player, and I don't watch a ton of videos or movies or listen to a ton of music. If I were to do that kind of things, then I might consider the iPhone because it is a wonderful multimedia phone.

Now, people will be people and say that 'RIM is done and BB is gone', etc..I just counter that by telling them that they came out with around 10 new devices and that they are far from going under.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't..depending on the person.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Chaviv; 11-21-11 at 11:37 AM.
    11-21-11 11:30 AM
    Hey youwade,

How about if I made a little three minute video that shows just how awesome it is? That may help. Then you can just direct them to this website. There is no WOW marketing deal about the BB but it is just so simple, common sense, efficient that some people just miss it and get wowed by a weather app with windshield wipers that sucks your battery dry but has wow factor.

This website is about as addictive as the BB. I think that is why the "hatters" that don't even have BB anymore keep coming to it. However, I will say that I'm glad some people that left BB are still contributing to the overall picture because outside the hatters that just spew trash others have good insights that also help those of us that love BB and lets face it, BB is not perfect either and we should welcome constructive criticism. Just not "BB sucks, its going out of business, herpes of tablets" B.S. that is not only not true but just stupid and annoying.

What do you think?

By the way, since I keep reading about security breaches I DO tell my friends to get BB phones. I never used to before the OS7 phones came out, even though I had one myself, because frankly they were hard to handle but now I just won't stop. It is easy to just let your friends get screwed but if they are your friends and you really do believe the BB is the most secure and reliable device out there then I think you should say something. I love the new OS7 devices. However, if they still opt for a less secure device then I respectfully accept it and won't rub it in when they get rapped by some hacker.

I'll wip it up today or tomorrow and tell me what you think. Also, maybe you could help me with some tips on how to make by Bold 9930 even better. After all, that is the main purpose for this website in my view. Fellow BB users giving each other tips and stuff.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-21-11 at 11:43 AM.
    11-21-11 11:32 AM
    thanks guys, im not trying to start stuff, im just tired of being viewed as having a dinosaur when im around my friends because they don't understand blackberry.
    11-21-11 11:40 AM
    Youwayed..

I know you aren't trying to start anything. Some people can be downright nasty when it comes to defending their choice of platform. I think we all have to endure that at some point....
    11-21-11 11:43 AM
    post your video guerllamo7.
    11-21-11 12:02 PM
    I don't defend my BlackBerry often,
    I show what it can do, and when asked why not get an iPhone I point out what it can't do or how much more expensive it would be for me to have one.

fortunately I spend more time with BlackBerry owners, and helping BlackBerry owners get the most out of their BlackBerry that the topic of why I have a BlackBerry doesn't come up often unless I'm at a social function, but no one ever questions my choice when I am done talking about why BlackBerry is the right choice for me.

You just need to know WHY YOU LIKE IT, and make sure they are real reasons and not something you've spouted off that you have read, I like BlackBerry for Security yes, but you know what, that almost never comes into the conversation, because most people still carry around their credit cards in a leather wallet, so the security of the BlackBerry clearly isn't something that will change their decision process.

WHY do you love your BlackBerry, know that, and if you don't love your BlackBerry, that is fine, just know why you made your decision, the thing I hate most about general iphone users (not the ones on this forum most would have a real answer) is when I say "why did you get an iPhone" their answer is "because it's an iPhone, they are the best" when I ask compared to what, "Everything" yet they have never tried anything else, they just believe that "if you don't have an iPhone, well you don't have an iPhone"
    11-21-11 12:09 PM
    I love BlackBerry!! But almost everyone I know hates it. I always try to tell them why I think that its the best platform available but I don't know if I'm coming across well. What can/should I tell people that want me to convert to the other platforms about BlackBerry so that they can know about the greatness of the berry?
    You tell them that BB works for you and does everything you need it to do! lol

You know what, as long as you and I and all the other BB users love our device, that's all that matters. I'm proud to display my BB and gave up trying to defend it long ago. If it works for me and it works for you, thats all that matters. It may not be for everyone just as their choice in a device may not be for us.
    Last edited by up488; 11-21-11 at 12:14 PM.
    11-21-11 12:12 PM
    Just stay what you are, enjoy your device and don't argue. This is passion, not (only) reason related. This is what Steve Jobs (R.I.P) has invented: the strange relationship between one and its device, previously unknown an yet called ... iLove (TM). Not only can they stroke them ... now they're a "he" or a "she" and can be talked to ...

creepy
    ekv likes this.
    11-21-11 12:18 PM
    Thankfully I don't have this problem.
    Everyone of my friends has a Blackberry,and I mean EVERYONE. Even my extended family, its all Blackberry.
    Needless to say I'm not in North America, I'm in India.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-21-11 12:21 PM
    Does anyone pay your cell phones bills for you?

If the answer is NO, then you don't owe an explanation to anyone as to what phone choice you make.

End of story!

And please lets stop these threads that don't do anything other than foster division.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    11-21-11 12:25 PM
    I don't feel the need to "defend" my choice of phone anymore than I feel the need to defend my choice of cuisine, movies, books, etc.

It's about what I like and what I prefer. I don'r expect or demand that that others agree with me or feel the need for others approval in my personal choices.

I can explain why Blackberry fits me and perfectly fulfills my needs and wants, but I don't expect everyone else to have the same needs and wants I have.
    11-21-11 12:39 PM
    Its best said that if you like media and simplicity, your prefer the Iphone. Developers love androids, and people who love security love BB. I give up on defending BB cause the convos get stupider and stupider
    11-21-11 12:43 PM
    Does anyone pay your cell phones bills for you?

If the answer is NO, then you don't owe an explanation to anyone as to what phone choice you make.

End of story!

And please lets stop these threads that don't do anything other than foster division.
    Far and away my favorite reply in this thread.
    11-21-11 01:01 PM
    Why would anyone ask you why you have a certain phone? I'd never out of the blue ask someone "Hey, why do you have an Android?" They must like it if they are still using it.

If I see another iPhone user (or when I had a BlackBerry), I'd ask "Do you like your iPhone/BlackBerry?" I've found some great apps by asking something like that. But I'd never ask a question meant to make someone defend their choice.
    11-21-11 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD