08-22-10 07:21 PM
40 12
tools
    you cant simply add someone as a bbm contct to my knowledge. i belive they have to accept your request and that is why it's pending.
    08-09-10 10:02 PM
    You need to contact your service provider (the phone company) and pay for a Data plan (in other words, the internet). There is no other way to make BBM work.
    08-10-10 12:07 AM
    you cant simply add someone as a bbm contct to my knowledge. i belive they have to accept your request and that is why it's pending.
    While that is true, it's the WRONG answer here.

The OP does not have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Thus ALL the Contacts will stay pending forever.

No BlackBerry Data Plan equals no BlackBerry Messenger.
    08-10-10 05:56 AM
    I think now everything become clear ! thanks to you !! I understan now !
    but really is too expansive here to pay every month for a data plan !!

I hope one day I can be able to pay for...because without it ! I feel like I have an ordinary cel ! no special features without the BIS !

Thanks a lot for you all !!!
    08-10-10 12:07 PM
    I think now everything become clear ! thanks to you !! I understan now !
    but really is too expansive here to pay every month for a data plan !!

I hope one day I can be able to pay for...because without it ! I feel like I have an ordinary cel ! no special features without the BIS !

Thanks a lot for you all !!!
    08-10-10 12:13 PM
    BBM does not use your carriers network to transport messages, that is true. It is strictly a BlackBerry service as it is their servers that process and deliver the messages, HOWEVER, it is your phone service provider that grants you access to the BlackBerry Internet Services, including email and BBM.
    08-10-10 12:16 PM
    Now I understand !! Yes, well than I have to pay it's the only way to ge BBM !
    Thanks to all of you !
    08-10-10 06:07 PM
    Nope. PIN messages are transmitted via the RIM (BlackBerry) infrastructure as well.

You must have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan for that as well.
    08-10-10 07:01 PM
    I will do my best to have the data plan ! how much you pay for it by month their ?
    08-10-10 07:07 PM
    We pay $30 US for Unlimited BlackBerry Data on top of whatever voice and text package we have.
    08-10-10 07:48 PM
    here in Algeria it's 25 US !!
    08-10-10 07:58 PM
    Hi guys ! I want to know if i pay the first month for BIS ! and I will not pay the next one ! can i be able to use at least the BBM only ?? thanks for the help !
    08-20-10 11:33 AM
    That will depend upon the carrier. Some will allow a grace period, some will not.
    08-20-10 11:52 AM
    and what happen if i dont pay ? I know I cant acess my emails but the BBM is free ! ones I hace the BIS !
    08-20-10 11:54 AM
    I have payed for a BIS roday ! but still my sim card is rejected on the screen of my bb ! and no netword ! they have to active the sim ! did it takes a long time ???
    08-22-10 07:21 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD