I stop talking to them until they realize the only way to get a hold of me is bbm
    05-05-17 09:55 PM
    get someone put out a gift type of feature in BBM, they will flock to the site and check non stop... such as the red envelope from china... (CB should send out small gift coupon for some game, limited trail version of some sort of AR VR, that will drive them to the bbm...- get bbm vedio chat with overlay of geo corrdinate, or environmental conditions, what ever, )...
    Actually this is a new feature on BBM but it is only available in Indonesia.
    05-06-17 01:40 AM
    I stop talking to them until they realize the only way to get a hold of me is bbm
    Like someone said earlier you have got to be relevant enough for them to install BBM just to talk to you. Ha ha ha
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-06-17 01:41 AM
    I start group chats and get people who might be interested in the topic to install and chat there. It works to get people on board but there will be some who install and join in the group but never say anything because they switch off all notifications so they never get any messages.

So since they don't get any messages they will sooner or later be kicked out of BBM as they are automatically logged off if they do not open the app for some time.

For those who participate then they continue to use it.
    05-06-17 01:44 AM
    Tell them they'll have a dedicated app just for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 01:46 AM
    I am no longer using bbm, but in the past, bbm is great for organize group lunch, outing, you can see who is coming and use tag to see where they are if someone is late (tracking). excellent even for camping if signal is strong enough. everybody is on the same page. you can also use channel for a bit longer project, share ideas. (need someone to do the maintainous, otherwise, you get out of hand if the group is on the large side). bbm group chat is good, because you can see who read the stuff, even they select not to reply... never use it for gaming... i am too old for that.
    05-06-17 08:50 AM
    BBM on iOS is a complete disaster. The UI is an utter embarsement. The amount of advertisements and SPAM is beyond useable. It's so bad Blackberry sent out a message about SPAM. You have a problem if you have to do that.
    I guess BBM wanted to be consistent with everything else on iOS.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 09:04 AM
    I just let my friends, family, and colleagues know that I don't share my PID such as phone numbers with chat apps so that if they want to chat with me they can use SMS or BBM or another app of their choosing that does not require my phone number.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-06-17 02:38 PM
    I just let my friends, family, and colleagues know that I don't share my PID such as phone numbers with chat apps so that if they want to chat with me they can use SMS or BBM or another app of their choosing that does not require my phone number.

So you don't chat then lol?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 08:41 PM
    Pay them
    05-06-17 09:14 PM
    Security issues?
    More private?
    Others
    What arguments do you use to convince people to install and use BBM?
    I tried the "this is how to reach me" route...guess I wasn't important enough

Been able to get only BB users on board (believe it or not some did not use it) but for everyone else, it is mostly standard SMS. It is a shame, because some things that people routinely need to do could have been added to BBM: easy ways to schedule meetings, vote on locations, send invitations, etc...not to mention games etc that are only now appearing and only in Indonesia would have made it more useful.
    05-07-17 05:48 AM
    You should try whatever messaging service they are using and see if you like it, instead of trying to get them to use the one you are using.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-07-17 06:34 AM
    So you don't chat then lol?

Posted via CB10
    Not as much as a lot of people, no. But that has more to do with temperament than platform. :-)

05-07-17 06:41 AM
    One thing that hold me back are ads. The ads are crazy. In the feed, it shows me ads more often than updates from my relatives.
    05-07-17 06:56 AM
    I think the OP question is baiting and an odd one. If you have someone that you care enough about and reciprocally then adding a good messaging app such as BBM should be a non issue. I mean what is the big deal about doing so and messaging? I have never had someone have issue with this.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by bh7171; 05-07-17 at 10:55 AM.
    05-07-17 10:36 AM
    I think the OP question is baiting and an odd one. If you have someone that you care enough about and reciprocally then adding a good messaging app such as BBM should be a non issue. I mean what is the big deal about doing so and messaging? I have never had someone have issue with this.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    On the flip side, what is the big deal using another one as well?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 01:20 PM
    OP has long left the 'discussion'....

CB10 on my Classic
    05-07-17 01:33 PM
    All the chick's u don't want to having ur number will definitely download it

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 02:47 PM
    I have a bbm.com link and my pin number on the whatsapp status (before I delete it)

Posted via Passport with Android 4.3
    05-07-17 04:28 PM
    At the bbm multiplatform launch, I convinced some people to download it but very few of them keep it...
    The problem they are logged out after some update and don't receive my messages.... or forgot they password and just don't want to try...

My co-manager install and keep it
    He makes effort to use it to message me
    My girlfriend doesn't the same, always use bbm, but just with me...

Other friends or even my brother stop using it
    05-07-17 05:13 PM
    OP has long left the 'discussion'....

CB10 on my Classic
    No, OP is only replying via BBM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-07-17 05:14 PM
    No, OP is only replying via BBM.
    *rotfl*

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 03:04 AM
    I wish I could convince more people to use bbm. I loved bbm. However with Apple everyone is using iMessage so there is no point to install it.
    05-08-17 10:12 PM
    BBM is also a good way of approach to the Blackberry world. From "x" new BBM users, "y" will swap for a blackberry phone. It's good for all. By the way BB is doing a very good job in Playstore, sadly until now it miss iOS (keyboard, hub...)

Posted via Classic, with Android 4.3
    05-09-17 04:05 AM
    BBM is also a good way of approach to the Blackberry world. From "x" new BBM users, "y" will swap for a blackberry phone. It's good for all. By the way BB is doing a very good job in Playstore, sadly until now it miss iOS (keyboard, hub...)

Posted via Classic, with Android 4.3
    How many downloads are there in the Google Play Store?

Why would someone switch if they can use it on their platform? Tons of people use Google apps on iPhones. How many switch to an Android phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 06:13 AM
72 123