This is the first blackberry I've ever owned. Right now I am very frustrated because I can't figure out how to use the device as a modem for my PC.
    I have been online all day doing research but so far I'm drawing blanks. I've installed all the required software and followed instructions listed on crackberry!
    Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 06:52 PM
    Perhaps you overlooked this thread from yesterday and the day before? It should explain all you need to know. Don't overlook the possibility you have a Bluetooth dongle on your PC that doesn't support the Bluetooth Serial Port service.
    09-03-10 08:55 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I actually tried the instructions listed in the link. before I created this thread.
    My bluetooth dongle does allow dialup because it works great with my Sony Ericsson. Btw, when I click the "Help" button on my Torch, it never leaves the "Loading" screen. With this abnormalty, is it possible that my phone is faulty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 09:29 PM
    I don't know about the Help file, but as far as tethering goes, set up a Standard Modem first and tether with a USB cable before you move on to configuring the BT modem. That will at least narrow down the source of your problem.
    09-03-10 10:30 PM