I finally got the web interface setup for my @blackberry.com email.

However there is no option to view emails sent to my blackberry email. I can only do settings like add filters or add other email accounts to push to my device.

How to I view my @blackberry mailbox?
    05-13-10 02:04 PM
    I finally got the web interface setup for my @blackberry.com email.

However there is no option to view emails sent to my blackberry email. I can only do settings like add filters or add other email accounts to push to my device.

How to I view my @blackberry mailbox?
    You can't - the only way to view emails for your blackberry BIS email account are on your BlackBerry.
    05-13-10 02:23 PM
    Yeah. Web interface? There's no "web interface" to be able to view the @blackberry.net email. That's one of the many reasons not to use that email address for anything important.
    05-13-10 04:59 PM
    I mean like a web login using the browser!

Then how come people are telling me that you do not actually recieve the file to your blackberry if an email with a file attachment is sent to you?

Can someone answer this for me definitively? Do file attachments sent to your email get saved onto your Blackberry automatically. I have 2 reasons not wanting to open attachments. (1) it wastes my memory on my already limited blackberry and people like to send big MB size files and (2) I have a limited data plan I dont plan on going over thank you very much!~
    05-15-10 01:21 AM
    That is the reason why I do not even use an @att.blackberry.net account. If people send me e-mails to my regular e-mail address or to my Gmail address, I am able to view them on my BlackBerry or on any PC. I saw no reason to have an e-mail address that cannot be used except on my BlackBerry and deleted the @att.blackberry.net account.
    05-15-10 09:59 AM
    Do file attachments sent to your email get saved onto your Blackberry automatically. ...
    No.

Your BIS account is your connection to your BlackBerry. When an email, from any of your registered accounts is received, a 2 Kb summery is forwarded to your BlackBerry. If that message contains an attachment, you have two choices.

1. View the attachment. This results in a compressed image that is displayed by BlackBerry Attachment Manager service. This image is much lower resolution then the original and only occupies memory while you are viewing it.

2. Download the attachment. If you have a media card installed, the full sized image will be saved to your media card. That does consume a lot more bandwidth.
    05-15-10 11:12 AM
    Simply forward your blackberry.net email to one you can view on the PC.

I forward to one that I can see on the PC and that I retrieve on the BB. So it's duped on the BB, no biggie, there's always a copy on the PC (using IMAP).
    05-15-10 07:06 PM
  8. T
    I personally am glad to have one email account to which someone can't crack the password and view it from a remote location, or from which someone can't temporarily lock me out of my account by making too many password attempts at once. With my BlackBerry, the spy would have to have physical access to my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 08:19 PM
    I personally am glad to have one email account to which someone can't crack the password and view it from a remote location, or from which someone can't temporarily lock me out of my account by making too many password attempts at once. With my BlackBerry, the spy would have to have physical access to my device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol thats the first time I've heard that being a reason to use the BIS email address.
    05-17-10 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD