Hi guys,

I have a BB curve 8330 with a Seidio case. (A pain to remove and snap back on by the way)
    Having a snap on case makes cleaning the BB difficult since I hate removing the case.

What's the best way to clean the screen on your BB? Sometimes when I'm talking, the oils on my face leaves marks on the screen and I always end up wiping it, which makes it worse.
    Is there a special cloth I should be using?

Also, has anyone used those compressed air canisters to blow away dust particles and gunk out of your qwerty keyboard?
    I was wondering if this would damage the BB?

Thanks,

Ted
    08-21-09 12:43 AM
    i usually use windex or something similar, have never had any negative effects. Make sure you spray the paper towel and not the phone.
    08-21-09 12:47 AM
    i use a regular lcd display cleaning spray , same thing that i use on my laptop works great !
    08-21-09 12:55 AM
    oh and the same cloth thats used to clean sunglasses
    08-21-09 12:56 AM
    I use regular lcd wipes for the screen, and as the compressed air canisters go I use it on pretty much every electronic device I own including my Tour so its a safe bet.
    08-21-09 03:43 AM
    I use nothing special. Shirt sleeve, pants, paper towel, essentially
    anything lying around at the moment. Sorry, but I can't be bothered
    with microfiber, lens cleaning cloths, etc...
    08-21-09 04:31 AM
    Sorry,dear i donot have idea about this...............
    08-21-09 05:27 AM
    I have CDO - Compulsive Disorder Obsession. It's similar to OCD except the letters are alphabetically correct as they should be :-)

So, AG, no paper towels or whatever is lying around at the moment! I use a bit of spray-on lens cleaner and always a lens cleaning cloth or microfiber cloth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 07:28 AM
    The TomRay Blackberry screen cleaning method (patent pending):

1. Grasp Blackberry in your right hand, screen facing away from palm.
    2. Rub Blackberry gently, but with some force against your left bicep. There should be a shirt sleeve there.
    3. Repeat step 2 as needed until the screen is no longer fingerprinty.
    08-21-09 10:10 AM
    I bought a package of those individually-wrapped alcohol lens wipes from the drug store; works like a charm. I always keep a bunch in my purse. My screen always looks beeyooteeful.
    08-21-09 10:17 AM
    The TomRay Blackberry screen cleaning method (patent pending):

1. Grasp Blackberry in your right hand, screen facing away from palm.
    2. Rub Blackberry gently, but with some force against your left bicep. There should be a shirt sleeve there.
    3. Repeat step 2 as needed until the screen is no longer fingerprinty.
    ablackberryblog.com endorses this cleaning method!
    08-21-09 10:18 AM
    I use the same microfiber cloth that I use to clean my eyeglasses.
    08-21-09 11:47 AM
    Hi guys,

I have a BB curve 8330 with a Seidio case. (A pain to remove and snap back on by the way)
    Having a snap on case makes cleaning the BB difficult since I hate removing the case.

What's the best way to clean the screen on your BB? Sometimes when I'm talking, the oils on my face leaves marks on the screen and I always end up wiping it, which makes it worse.
    Is there a special cloth I should be using?

Also, has anyone used those compressed air canisters to blow away dust particles and gunk out of your qwerty keyboard?
    I was wondering if this would damage the BB?

Thanks,

Ted
    Shot of Windex into a cotton towel every morning. Works perfectly. Been doing it for years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:30 PM
    lcd cleaning wipes
    08-21-09 01:10 PM
    sleeve has always worked great for me
    08-21-09 04:35 PM
    I just use a lens cloth (the non fluffy kind)
    08-21-09 05:37 PM
    DITTO! Although I do find that my eyeglass cleaning cloth really gets the greasy skin marks off the best.
    08-21-09 05:40 PM
    Zeiss Lens Cloth.

These are pre-moistened towelettes in individual packets.
    08-21-09 05:43 PM
    Personally I press hard with my shirt or jeans and rub vigorously.

But I have the Invisible Shield screen protector so scratches aren't an issue.
    08-21-09 06:36 PM
    That's great because that's what I have always done. When I remember and I am home and can find them, I use the microfiber cloths that came with my sreen protector. That would be once in a while.
    08-21-09 06:46 PM
    i usually use windex or something similar, have never had any negative effects. Make sure you spray the paper towel and not the phone.
    yup that's what I do works great
    08-21-09 07:43 PM
    yup that's what I do works great
    I'd avoid using paper towels on any product with a scratchable surface.

Paper towels are made of ... paper ... and paper is cellulose and cellulose has abrasive components (tiny pieces of wood) which can scratch plastic surfaces. You are better off using a clean cotton towel.

Remember, use cellulose and cell-u-lose. LOL.

I was at the car wash once and there was a small dirt spot on the bottom of my bumper after they had run my car through the car wash. I grabbed a paper towel and was about to wipe the spot off and the manager of the car wash saw me and ran over. I thought he was going to have a stroke. Got the whole lecture on cellulose from the car wash manager. Learned it was better to always use cotton on any scratchable surface.
    08-21-09 07:53 PM
    How do you get the shirt sleeve method under the screen to clean the dust off the backside?
    09-09-09 10:00 AM
    I use water when needed, else I just use my sunglass pouch.
    09-09-09 10:22 AM
    How do you get the shirt sleeve method under the screen to clean the dust off the backside?
    You are talking about taking the device apart, which for a simple cleaning I do not recommend. The problem is you generally leave particles in there when you clean it, so many people end up taking it apart and cleaning it constantly.

Best way to clean the inside is to first make a very clean and dust free location. After that, open the case and hit it with a can of compressed air, be thorough. Then put the case back to together quickly to prevent more particles from getting in there.

That should do the trick.
    09-09-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD