This is a bit of a girly question - but has anyone tried cleaning the face and keys of their Blackberry (silver, gold etc) after much use and grubby coloured keys? Just asking because I've short-fused so many electrical devices by scrubbing them with soap and water! ie - is it REALLY sensitive to a bit of water getting between the keys? Sorry people - I'm SO practical.
    07-17-08 05:50 AM
    Just read that some people use microfibre cloths like for sunglasses - and spray air - but HOW DO YOU GET THE KEYS CLEAN???!!! (And the rollerball? My friend's rollerball is black - I thought she had a limited edition model)
    07-17-08 06:00 AM
    My trackball is almost black

Microfiber cloth, maybe some glasses cleaner on the screen (be careful!) and possibly a damp (DAMP! not WET!) Q-Tip on the keys and the same but with a little alcohol for the trackball if you don't wanna take the trackball out, just roll it around the Q-Tip.
    07-17-08 06:31 AM
    Pull your battery out to ensure power is completely removed, and use Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and a cotton swab or soft brush, like a baby toothbrush, to clean the keys, and immediately spray it out with compressed air.

The alcohol won't hurt the electronics, but if you don't spray it out the dirt/grime you just cleaned will settle in other places. For cleaning the trackball see this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    07-17-08 06:32 AM
    I bought the eye glass cleaner kit thing and its worked great so far
    07-17-08 09:45 AM
    Thanks! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    07-17-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD