Hey guys i originaly was on o2 with a blackberry 8520 , i got that phone unlatched and moved to vodafone.

The only problem is i still have the o2 software on the handset , if i want vodafone software what do i do ?

I've got a program called BBSAK , which i can use to wipe the phone, and then would i just download and install the vodafone software ?

Just wondering if this has been done by somone else, or if it's even possible ?

dunno if i posted in the wrong place :z

Thanks
    07-19-11 08:08 AM
    Unless vodafone has released a later version of the OS than o2, there's no reason to change the OS. You can't change the carrier logo that shows on power up; that's in ROM and not affected by unlocking or changing the OS. Here's a link to the BlackBerry 101 procedure for installing an OS.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    07-19-11 09:26 AM
    Hey thanks for your reply..

when i load the phone i get the o2 symbol , and when i hit the browser i get the o2 symbol , this cannot be changed regardless of what i do ? because its on the rom you say?

And is it possible for me to still configure the handset with email ? even though im running o2 software but using a voda sim ?

im gunna call tommorow to add data to my tarrif...

cheers !
    07-19-11 02:26 PM
    Does anyone know ?
    07-19-11 06:43 PM
    Please be patient and not bump your thread after only waiting a very short time.

You can't get rid of the carrier logo.

You need the proper BlackBerry Data Plan/Tariff/Bolt On in order to get email.
    07-19-11 07:13 PM
    The custom browser will go away with a reload of software, but the boot screen is always going to remain.

CS
    07-19-11 07:13 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "load the phone," but you can configure email regardless of the vendor of the OS. I once used a TELUS OS on a Verizon 8830.
    07-19-11 07:17 PM
    Hey thanks for your reply..

when i load the phone i get the o2 symbol , and when i hit the browser i get the o2 symbol , this cannot be changed regardless of what i do ? because its on the rom you say?

And is it possible for me to still configure the handset with email ? even though im running o2 software but using a voda sim ?

im gunna call tommorow to add data to my tarrif...

cheers !

The OS's are written by RIM, the carrier makes very little difference.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-19-11 07:41 PM
    Cheers guys sorry for the inpatience , thanks for all your help...i know what im doing now
    07-21-11 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD