I have the Blackberry Tour and currently when I call people "my number" comes up as a random number (presumably the number of the sim card the phone came with).

Ive tried to do the usual things (e.g. Options>>Advanced Otptions>>Sim Card>>Change my number) and the number here is listed as my actual number!!!! So im confused why on the phone screen "my number" comes up as that other number...

any tips?
    10-17-09 11:03 PM
    That am strrrrrange fo' sho'
    10-18-09 12:48 AM
    U need to call vz or sprint...whoever yur with and have them go thru the activation steps again. whoever did it didn't enter your number right in the phones system
    If memory serves me right its the *imeid*?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 12:55 AM
    U need to call vz or sprint...whoever yur with and have them go thru the activation steps again. whoever did it didn't enter your number right in the phones system
    If memory serves me right its the *imeid*?

Neither Sprint nor Verizon have SIM cards. What are you talking about, ya jinxy jinx????!

10-18-09 01:13 AM
    VZ does on their 'world' fones
    10-18-09 01:26 AM
    The Tour DOES have a sim card. It also has a 2 gb media card with it. Not sure if the Sim card is for that purpose or not but I can prove it does if you need the photographic evidence.
    10-18-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD