i know every carrier has thier own APN settings, now the problem is , me and a buddy are using unlocked blackberries, and even though we both have data plans that cover up to 500 megabytes, we are bieng charged, for data. now i worked with one of those providers and i know that there are provisioning features on the account that can prevent this, so I'm good, but my friend's carrier is not bieng helpful and they are giving him a hard time adjusting those charges as well.

now they sent him the APN settings but they didnt tell him how to change it. and i would like to know if its possible to do via the phone or via the desktop manager?

i wonder why its so complicated, it used to take me 2 seconds to change APN settings on my Iphone
    03-12-10 09:32 AM
    Look for TCP/IP settings under Options or Options/Advanced. It's in there if it's an APN capable model.
    03-12-10 10:08 AM
    Thanks!

apparently on his settings authentication was unchecked so we just checked that and he'll call customer service in a few days to see if he's still generating invalid charges.
    03-12-10 12:18 PM
    Can you pls veridy if the APN is under OPTIONS, I can not find it, pls your assistance, I have a Torch
    11-18-10 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD