I recently have been issued a 9900 for work to compliment my personal 9900.

I have been in a dilemma ever since. For years, I have dedicated my right pocket for solely my phone and my left to keys/change etc.

I have tried going with two phones in my right pocket, but they will both be scratched and are too big for one pocket. I am not a fan of cases, as the 9900 is beautiful phone. Anyone else have experience dealing with this 'issue'? I feel like using a holster is so cliche and looks bad. Any suggestions for a 'cool' holster or alternative?
    04-21-12 04:35 PM
    you must look silly and rich walking around with two 9900s.

I say just move everything to your work phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 05:02 PM
    Easy... Personal in the pocket well protected...Company in a belt holster. Just get yourself a nice classy one.
    CDM76 and Matthew Puglisi like this.
    04-21-12 05:03 PM
    you must look silly and rich walking around with two 9900s.

I say just move everything to your work phone

I really wish I could do that. The only problem is that they disabled BBM, FB, 3rd party email etc...
    04-21-12 05:34 PM
    One in each hand.
    04-21-12 05:35 PM
    I've carried two blackberries for a while now. Maybe three years or more, but I've carried two phones for maybe as many as 10 years. Usually always side by side on my hip. Cannot remember the last time I caught any flack over it, but anybody paying attention to how many phones I have can suck it...
    jafobabe and southlander like this.
    04-21-12 05:38 PM
    I'm interested in how many people actually carry 2 blackberrys. Is this common? I don't have a need for 2 but I'm sure there are people who wanna keep their work and personal cell phones seperate. I think it would be a big nuisance carrying around 2 phones
    04-21-12 05:46 PM
    It gets annoying, and I drop off the personal one at times, usually evenings. The work one is the better phone, and it gets more use anyway.

Otherwise I'm quite used to it by now... Probably just doing it out of habit now.
    04-21-12 05:52 PM
    I dont think it is a matter of wanting separate phones, but rather restrictive IT policies.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-21-12 06:04 PM
    I never thought of it, but two holsters, side-by-side might be pretty keen. There was also a picture of some celebrity (forget who) right here on cb carrying two 9900's in his hand, one on top of the other.
    04-21-12 06:05 PM
    Hmm, get your work one on a holster. Your personal in your pocket

04-21-12 06:08 PM
    Get a utility belt like "BATMAN" ....problem solved, that will be twenty franks please
    04-21-12 06:10 PM
    I have a company issued iPhone and my own 9900. My 9900 rides in a holster through the week, the iPhone in my pocket.

At 5:01 on fridays, I forward the iPhone voice line to my 9900, and activate my business email on the 9900 via the OWA method. That way I see any urgent incoming messages.

~ecm

Weekends, the 9900 goes into my pocket, in either the OEM hardcase or an iSkin Vibes skin.
    04-21-12 06:25 PM
    I have been in a dilemma ever since. For years, I have dedicated my right pocket for solely my phone and my left to keys/change etc.
    This made me "lol". The sincerity in this statement makes it all the more admirable, as I too have always had the same pocket placement dedications, but was never as thankful for that accessibility as I am now.
    04-21-12 06:34 PM
    Isn't this the exact reason that RIM created BlackBerry Balance?

I think it's a great idea, I think carrying two phones would be exceedingly annoying.

But if I had to, I would probably put the work one on the belt and personal in the pocket.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 07:03 PM
    I carry one in the pocket, one in a holster on the hip. For after hours/weekends I forward the work phone to my personal one so that I can carry only one device. Work email is also setup on my own 9900 through BIS OWA so that I don't miss anything urgent.

I think it's a great idea, I think carrying two phones would be exceedingly annoying.

But if I had to, I would probably put the work one on the belt and personal in the pocket.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry Balance is better suited for a BYOD environment.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 04-21-12 at 07:11 PM.
    04-21-12 07:05 PM
    ...The only problem is that they disabled BBM, FB, 3rd party email etc...
    Lucky you... wish it could be easy to disable those things for BIS devices as well :-)
    04-21-12 07:08 PM
    You're absolutely correct. That's the idea. Unfortunately it takes a while before IT gets around to implementing this type of option. And as most company issued devices are issued specifically for company business, I believe that there isn't any sense of urgency to make the device more friendly for the employee's personal use.

~ecm
    04-21-12 07:28 PM
    When I've carried 2 BlackBerries, I've kept one in the holster and other in my pocket or used 2 holsters

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 07:46 PM
    Dual-wielding Bolds?? Man I envy you. I used to dual-wield Curves because I was trying to debug something.
    04-21-12 08:00 PM
    Why not ask if they will just supplement all or part of your bill and ditch the work issued one.
    04-21-12 09:21 PM
    I carry my iPhone 4 and Torch 9860 in one hand. Or sometimes my iPhone is in my bag. But my Torch doesn't leave my hand
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-22-12 01:18 AM
    I carry a 8520 and a 9900. Hope they implement Fusion at my work.
    Really hope that they implement fusion in such a way that you type in a personal or work password when the phone is locked and get a different profile. Would love to save money off monthly bill.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 04:04 AM
    The simple solution is to carry one Bold in the left pocket, the other bold in the right pocket, and make sure the screen on the device in the same pocket as your keys and change is facing towards your leg. Ever since I started carrying 2 devices about 4 1/2 months ago I've done this, and have never had a problem with scratches on the device in my pocket with my keys. (Actually, my primary smartphone pocket has always been the same pocket in which I carry my keys, and I haven't had a problem with scratches in the 16 1/2 months that I've had a smartphone.) The size of the smartphone becomes an asset, not a liability, when you do this.
    04-22-12 06:51 AM
    I recently have been issued a 9900 for work to compliment my personal 9900.

I have tried going with two phones in my right pocket, but they will both be scratched and are too big for one pocket. I am not a fan of cases, as the 9900 is beautiful phone. Anyone else have experience dealing with this 'issue'? I feel like using a holster is so cliche and looks bad. Any suggestions for a 'cool' holster or alternative?
    I have a 9000 for work and a 9800 personal. I carry them in belt holsters on my right hip. Since the holsters are black they're not that noticeable.
    04-22-12 07:10 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD