Simple. Two of these.

https://www.gojohandsfree.com/
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-22-12 07:31 AM
    you must look silly and rich walking around with two 9900s.

I say just move everything to your work phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    WTF? really?
    I would say I run into more people with Multiple Phones than singular phones in a given day,

I would NOT want my work phone and personal phone being the same,
    I would not want to sacrifice my personal number if I changed company's and they'd have every right to demand it.

I'm interested in how many people actually carry 2 blackberrys. Is this common? I don't have a need for 2 but I'm sure there are people who wanna keep their work and personal cell phones seperate. I think it would be a big nuisance carrying around 2 phones
    Some times I'm even carrying 3 phones, but yes it is a hassle carrying 2 phones, but it is the only option when the primary mean of contact is via cellphone, mixing business and personal can lead to loss of work life balance, loss of privacy, and years of former work related calls.

put aside that between my 2 BlackBerry's about 300 emails come in a day, the work ones are far more important, and the notifications for the work emails and phone calls are far louder.

Why not ask if they will just supplement all or part of your bill and ditch the work issued one.

a supplemented Bill only really works if your cellphone is for internal use within the company, if you are a contact person with vendors or customers and using a personal phone number with them, the company can challenge your ownership of that number when you leave the company due to it being a key aspect of customer/vendor communications.

Also work related device restrictions until something like BlackBerry Balance comes out ,and as long as you don't mind NOT upgrade your OS without IT approval just isn't a worthwhile option.

As for how I keep my phones, my Work BlackBerry sits in my shirt breast pocket keyboard faces my chest during the business day, my personal device will bounce between my right pant pocket, and my shirt breast pocket, keyboard facing out, I always keep them back to back.

I have been considering a silk sleeve for my BlackBerry's for when they are in my pocket, something smooth I can slide them in and out of easily that looks classy but doesn't add bulk when I'm carrying it around in my hand using it
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    04-22-12 07:49 AM
    how active are you at work? do you sit down or stand mostly? people keep forgetting that they have two back pockets too... i only have my one 9550 and that sits very nicely in my 9000's OEM belt pouch . might need a new one though after 3 yrs of everyday use its starting to fall apart(see attached).
    04-22-12 08:16 AM
    It would be a crime to use my back pockets,
    how could the ladies get a good view of my derriere with Blackberry's filling my pocket
    04-22-12 09:03 AM
    it would be a crime to use my back pockets,
    how could the ladies get a good view of my derriere with blackberry's filling my pocket
    lmfao!!!!! i didnt think of it that way...wow being engaged really does change your way of thinking
    Last edited by JAGWIRE; 04-22-12 at 09:32 AM.
    04-22-12 09:28 AM
    Buy a sleeve for one... I'm not big on holsters and a sleeve keeps the device naked when in use but protected when stashed away.
    04-22-12 10:38 AM
    Like a cowboy in the wild west carrying two holsters doing pew pew.
    04-22-12 10:44 AM
    Wow, I thought I was the only one with this question. Well, if I have a heavy or light jacket then I carry my BB9900 in my top pocket, my BB9930 in my top left pocket, my NexusS Android in my bottom left pocket, and now with the Playbook I can carry it in my free bottom right pocket. I dunno what I am gonna do when the weather gets hot-maybe I will get one of those military utility belts meant for ammo and carry all my smart phones? And yes, I am a cellphone fanatic (not so much for cell phone calling as all the other apps I can use.But, if I can't find said military ammo belt, then it's gonna be a tough descision on which single device to bring.
    I was into cars n hotrods for a long period of years-A buick 54, a hopped up vw, and a 50's pickup truck. When asked one day by a news reporter I responded with "sometimes I feel buggy or sometimes I feel buicky or sometimes I feel trucky and that's how I made my descion then on which single car to drive that day. Hmmmm, I think, when the time comes, to use the same useless technique eh.
    04-22-12 12:04 PM
    how could the ladies get a good view of my derriere with Blackberry's filling my pocket
    also the reason i carry my wallet in my front pocket!
    04-22-12 03:42 PM
    I have a 9900 and a Galaxy Nexus and I have the same sort of problem of where I should put my keys and other stuff. I usually end up with one phone in each pocket and keys end up in my back pocket. When i sit down on them, it's not as bad as sitting on a phone and potentially breaking it.

Either that, or depending on the weather, i'll have a sweater. so the keys get the sweater pocket. both pockets are dedicated for my phones though, no compromise there.
    04-22-12 05:29 PM
    I sign up a two year contract with AT&T last December 2011 and bought a Bold 9900 for the amount of $199.99. The regular price is $549.99. I know that 9900 looks great naked, but it its an expensive device. So I bought, at AT&T store, for $40.00 an Otter Box. Maybe you run the risk of a broken 9900, if that happens, God forbid!, be the work one. If your boss gives you another smartphone, God forbid!, its an Iphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 01:16 PM
    I'd love to share your pain, but anyone can get a good view of my derriere from anywhere... it's visible from the moon these days!

OP- if you're feeling playful, overhaul your personal style - one big holster, jodphurs, leather boots, and a long brown coat. Start referring to yourself as Captain Reynolds, and see if anyone else refers to you as Captain Tightpants. (Firefly reference, although that would be a great everyday look if anyone can carry it off!)...

More seriously- I'd go with the dual holsters idea. I'd imagine that nobody would notice.
    04-23-12 02:16 PM
    There is a joke in England that goes

Q "How do you fit four elephants in a mini"?

A "Why, two in the front, two in the back of course."

methinks carrying two BB is easy in comparison... one in each hand.
    04-23-12 02:22 PM
    I have got a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and a BlackBerry Z10.
    My Z10 is always on my right-hand side inside pocket of my blouse and my Bold 9900 on my left-hand side pocket.
    With BlackBerry Balance, I can say i have three BlackBerry devices lol, but i didn't activate it because I don't work, i am a student lol.
    My Z10 is used for friends, and family matters.
    My Bold 9900 is for either new people wanting to know me (like some kind of test if they worth to get the main phone number later) or newfags asking for your phone number after a drunk party but you never get the chance to get any news or calls from them again.
    I also use it for company purposes when i seek for little jobs and stuff.

Best way to carry BB phones?
    To me, like a cowboy with his guns.
    Cases is a must when you have two phones of that high, you never know when one will drop off you hands, mostly when you use both phones at the same time!
    04-26-13 05:58 PM
    I really wish I could do that. The only problem is that they disabled BBM, FB, 3rd party email etc...
    Tell them to upgrade to the Q10... that is what balance is designed for!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:52 PM
    I'd go holster whether it be one on each side or side by side.
    I was a late holster adoptor for years until I got my 9900 last summer.
    There are major benefits in using the holster for not only keeping your cell scratch free, but also when holstered you can change up the alert profile settings. Such as when holstered and you get a text or email, when you remove the cell the text email/ alert will be opened for you to view.
    04-26-13 07:43 PM
    Isn't this the exact reason that RIM created BlackBerry Balance?

I think it's a great idea, I think carrying two phones would be exceedingly annoying.

But if I had to, I would probably put the work one on the belt and personal in the pocket.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    Sure if your company runs a BES.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-26-13 07:58 PM
    I have got a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and a BlackBerry Z10.
    My Z10 is always on my right-hand side inside pocket of my blouse and my Bold 9900 on my left-hand side pocket.
    With BlackBerry Balance, I can say i have three BlackBerry devices lol, but i didn't activate it because I don't work, i am a student lol.
    My Z10 is used for friends, and family matters.
    My Bold 9900 is for either new people wanting to know me (like some kind of test if they worth to get the main phone number later) or newfags asking for your phone number after a drunk party but you never get the chance to get any news or calls from them again.
    I also use it for company purposes when i seek for little jobs and stuff.

Best way to carry BB phones?
    To me, like a cowboy with his guns.
    Cases is a must when you have two phones of that high, you never know when one will drop off you hands, mostly when you use both phones at the same time!
    Lol funny post. What is this "Newfags" thing about?

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-26-13 08:13 PM
    You are missing a bigger problem, why are you asking about carrying two 9900s, surely work giving you one of those is a sure sign that it is time for you to upgrade your personal one to bb10!
    04-27-13 07:54 AM
    I carried two 9900s for a couple of years before I got a personal Z10. All my devices are naked with no cases. The work Bold always sat in a holster on my left side M-F and on my kitchen counter during the weekends for periodic check ins. The personal BlackBerry whether it was the Bold or the Z10 always went into my right front pocket. I'm not a big holster guy but need to dress for business during the week so it just blends in with the corporate look. It's actually quite convenient to have. But I could never bring myself to use the holster during off hours. Just felt weird!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 03:34 PM
    I'm interested in how many people actually carry 2 blackberrys. Is this common? I don't have a need for 2 but I'm sure there are people who wanna keep their work and personal cell phones seperate. I think it would be a big nuisance carrying around 2 phones
    I do now. Work 9930, personal Z10. Plus a PlayBook. The pb is see a significant drop in usage though.
    My Z is in my hand or my pocket and the work 9930 get carried in my bag along with my pb.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:15 PM
    Did you type "newfags?" What the hell is that?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:40 PM
    Work berry 9930 was holstered, personal TMO z10 was pocketed.
    Switched to VZW work z10, retired personal TMO z10 and bought a holster and personal 9000 now goes in the pocket. Did the two holster thing when I carried the 9930 and Note 2.
    04-27-13 07:27 PM
    Newfags
    Lol yeah the word sounds both funny and crude at the same time. What I meant with newfags is the random people you meet at events such as parties or meeting or new "Friends", you know, those people you happen to meet because they want to share a little time with you, ask for your number, and you have little chance to meet with them again.
    For instance, as a student, I go to some parties. After drinking a lot & having lot of fun, one of the invited that you have never met before, ask for your number "just in case" of further meeting or stuff. But you know that he won' t call you again or when the guy will look at his contact book, he may ask himself "whom number is this?"
    Voil!
    Moreover, it can be useful to have a secondary phone number to either protect your privacy or simply have a number to use when you don't want to give your main number away.

Sent with my BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 09:42 PM
    Newfags
    Lol yeah the word sounds both funny and crude at the same time. What I meant with newfags is the random people you meet at events such as parties or meeting or new "Friends", you know, those people you happen to meet because they want to share a little time with you, ask for your number, and you have little chance to meet with them again.
    For instance, as a student, I go to some parties. After drinking a lot & having lot of fun, one of the invited that you have never met before, ask for your number "just in case" of further meeting or stuff. But you know that he won' t call you again or when the guy will look at his contact book, he may ask himself "whom number is this?"
    Voil!
    Moreover, it can be useful to have a secondary phone number to either protect your privacy or simply have a number to use when you don't want to give your main number away.

Sent with my BlackBerry Z10
    WTF

Newfags, I will have to remember that.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-27-13 09:59 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD