How can you tell what BIS version you're running? I think I found it once but I'm curious to see if I now have the 2.5 since I had no outage and I'm not getting any HTML email.
    06-30-08 09:38 AM
    I don't think that is possible. From the reports that are on the CB blog, BIS 2.5 has been completed. And in order to see the new changes, you need to be running OS 4.5+ and resend your service books.

BIS 2.5 FAQ: Everything You Wanted to Know and More! | CrackBerry.com
    06-30-08 09:50 AM
    im running 4.5 and msn showed up, but no html emails. I thought msn had to do with BIS 2.5 as well. I that right?
    06-30-08 10:02 AM
    Did you resend service books?
    06-30-08 10:06 AM
    You may also have to enable it. The link I posted has info about the upgrade and instructions.
    06-30-08 10:34 AM
    How do you know what BIS you have?
    No one ever actually answered the original question.

I have OS 4.2.
    So no matter what BIS I'm running I won't get HTML email anyway.
    Unless I'm missunderstanding something...
    06-30-08 01:36 PM
    How do you know what BIS you have?
    No one ever actually answered the original question.
    I did...
    I don't think that is possible.
    I have OS 4.2.
    So no matter what BIS I'm running I won't get HTML email anyway.
    Unless I'm missunderstanding something...
    Correct.
    06-30-08 01:53 PM
    I'm sorry, so you're answer to
    "How do you know what BIS your running?"
    is "I don't think that is possible"???
    I must seriously be missunderstaning something.
    06-30-08 01:59 PM
    What I meant is that I have never heard of any way to query what version of BIS the carrier is operating. BIS is a carrier service. It's a lot like your voice plan. You can't just magically look on your phone to see what voice plan you have. BIS stands for BlackBerry Internet Service. It is a service provided to your device by the carrier. It is not like an operating system or an application that is installed on your phone. BIS is completely maintained and operated by the carrier.
    06-30-08 02:32 PM
    You may be confusing/blurring OS and BIS.

Your OS is your Blackberry's Operating System (OS) - that is 4.2.

BIS is the version of software RIM is running. It's the behind the scenes stuff that you can't change, upgrade or do anything to. You're running what everyone else is running. Now that the upgrades are complete, you should be on the same network, and therefore same BIS version as everyone else.

^^^ and of course sunkast beat me to it.
    06-30-08 02:34 PM
    What I meant is that I have never heard of any way to query what version of BIS the carrier is operating. BIS is a carrier service. It's a lot like your voice plan. You can't just magically look on your phone to see what voice plan you have. BIS stands for BlackBerry Internet Service. It is a service provided to your device by the carrier. It is not like an operating system or an application that is installed on your phone. BIS is completely maintained and operated by the carrier.
    Ah. Ok. I had no clue, I had never heard of being able to look up your BIS.
    And no, it doesn't make sense that you should be able to look it up, because of what it is.
    But I just like to ask, like to be aware if I'm missing something.
    Thanks.
    06-30-08 02:39 PM
    I believe that the only part of BIS that the user ever interfaces with is the login screen and I also believe that this is exactly the same on 2.0 and 2.5.

There are two ways to know.
    1). results
    2). call your carrier and ask
    06-30-08 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD