Similarly designed Phones: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    In other words "Just keep pumping out old devices with new names
    and minor tweaks, the sheep will continue to line up."

Meanwhile everyone else passes RIM by. Great strategy
    02-01-10 10:30 PM
    a better Browser would suffice,for me.
    02-01-10 11:13 PM
    does nobody else see the need for multiple alarms?? still boggles my mind
    Last edited by cardu3851; 02-02-10 at 02:50 PM. Reason: grammar
    02-01-10 11:31 PM
    RIM doesn't have to upgrade the browser, just allow me to change the default browser. That way, other people can focus their efforts on making a better browser, and RIM can concentrate on getting better at acquiring hockey teams
    02-02-10 02:52 PM
    RIM doesn't have to upgrade the browser, just allow me to change the default browser. That way, other people can focus their efforts on making a better browser, and RIM can concentrate on getting better at acquiring hockey teams
    Pfft. As if no one's said that one before...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 03:20 PM
    Pfft. As if no one's said that one before...

Well yeah, but I was just pointing out the obvious as to how RIM can satisfy me

02-02-10 03:43 PM
    RIM could open up a little bit. Open web kit. Let other companies mess with their products and users do what they want. They aren't losing any money. Let people make it better. Learn from Google. Who expected Google to do what they are doing right now in this short of time? I mean the Nexus one, the droid, amazing phones. Still miss my BlackBerry but I just had to leave it until it can do what I want it to do.

If you put a GPS on a phone then make it work fast. Like the android phones. That's one thing they could do. I've had to pull over on the side of the rode and wait for the thing to load.

I worked law enforcement in a small town and was new there. There was no GPS in the patrol cars. I had to use my BlackBerry to get to very important calls. The thing wouldn't find the satellite and I'd just have to call and ask where the location was. My droid, same exact spot, loads it in a split second.

Web browser has to be better. I want touch screen but I think they need to come out with something other than the storm. They need the storm to be better and then to have a phone that looks like the Tour with a touch screen. Much like the palm pixi or palm centro or what have you.

They started putting wifi in their phones but does that even matter? Not really because the web browser is still just as slow so it doesn't make a difference rather you use the wifi or you use your network. It's the same speed. Unless you're out of 3g service.

They need to allow widgets and apps take over the phone. For example, with Android if you download a weather widget, not only will you have it on your home screen but the temperature is in the white bar on the top and if you pull it down it tells you more info. And then when you go to a new town the gps works with the weather widget or app and automatically KNOWS where you are. You don't have to type in the location. It already knows! Then the map shows where you are and shows full radar of the weather. And then you can click and view weather cameras set up in the nearest city.

I read somewhere the other day that RIM was concerned recently about losing so many people to android phones. It's expected when the nexus one comes to Verizon and when more people run out of contract they'll go with an android phone. Because most people are not business men and women and simply want a cool phone that's fast and has cool apps.

Bottom line, people want apps these days. That's all you hear is apps that will do cool stuff, like tune your guitar or use the gps to find the nearest coffee shop. BlackBerry apps aren't cutting it. They have the push content advantage but most apps with android and iphone tend to update quite often so you barely notice it. I only notice it with a few minor things.

The tour 2 is coming out. IT's the same thing with a trackpad and wifi. Why not take advantage of putting out a new phone and put out a whole new device? They need a new OS. They need to scrap everything and re-think it. Which I know they will do.

They are RIM. I don't believe they'll let most people down if you're patient enough. I think in 2010-2011 we'll see something cool come out of them. They expected the blow with iphone but most people don't want AT&T's crappy coverage. But they didn't expect the blow with google. After all the G1 wasn't that big of a rave after the release.

EDIT: also look at BB app world vs androids app market. Look at all the free apps on android. I have a TON of them. Way more than I had with BB and I haven't paid for not one.
    02-02-10 04:02 PM
    Of course a better browser, and a built in app to reset the device

02-02-10 04:31 PM
    Of course a better browser, and a built in app to reset the device

There is a shortcut key combo: Alt + [right] Shift + Del.

No app needed.
    02-02-10 04:56 PM
    Rim could give us a better browser and OS to.
    02-02-10 08:11 PM
    i have a storm and freezes alot, like A WHOLE LOT!!!
    02-02-10 08:32 PM
    In response to many concerns about opening the platform a little bit - allowing widgets and third party apps to do more... similar to Google.

There is a great and relevant book called Wikinomics: How mass collaboration changes everything. It provides case studies and discussions on the massive expansion of companies that did exactly the things you're asking for. Should we lobby that everyone at RIM reads it?
    02-02-10 08:48 PM
    There is a shortcut key combo: Alt + [right] Shift + Del.

No app needed.
    thanks, but I know about that. when I use that method it takes nearly twice as long to reboot for some reason than say with quickpull
    02-02-10 08:56 PM
    thanks, but I know about that. when I use that method it takes nearly twice as long to reboot for some reason than say with quickpull
    Maybe it is doing a better job. Idk, I never used quickpull.

I don't find a long reboot time an issue though, tbh.
    02-02-10 08:59 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD