Hi,

I have a 9630 with OS 4.7. How can I view via the phone menu what files are stored on my microSD card and what is stored on the phones internal memory?

I have alot of music files, apps, etc and I'm not sure where they are located. I guess I could physically remove the microSD card and view it on a PC, but isn't there a way to see that on the phone itsself?

Thanks,
    RadioRaiders
    05-11-10 07:34 AM
    Media
    Menu
    Explore
    Media Card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 07:47 AM
    Look for a "Files" icon (I don't remember where it lives by default) and choose "File Folders." Your files should come up separated by device and media card. Just poke around until you find what you're looking for.

You can also turn on mass media support and plug your BB into your computer. The media card and the device will mount as separate devices on your computer.
    05-11-10 07:47 AM
    If you open the media folder, press menu, and go to "Explore" you should be able to view the files that way.
    05-11-10 07:48 AM
    Media
    Menu
    Explore
    Media Card
    Thanks! That did it!
    ...it should really be in a more easy to find place tho...
    05-11-10 07:56 AM
    What are you looking for specifically? If it's music, pictures, video all those folders are within the Media folder. If it's a Word or Excel doc, those are within the Docs to Go Folder. Have you lost a file that you can't locate?

05-11-10 08:03 AM
    What are you looking for specifically? If it's music, pictures, video all those folders are within the Media folder. If it's a Word or Excel doc, those are within the Docs to Go Folder. Have you lost a file that you can't locate?
    I wanted to see where my app installed (ie: phone memory or SD card) Actually, I still don't see where it installed In my menu I launch the app from "Downloads"...
    05-11-10 08:11 AM
    Apps can only be stored on the device (phone) memory.

To find your 3rd party apps:
    Options Icon
    Advanced Options
    Applications

From there you can delete, change app permissions and view modules.

To move an app from Downloads folder to main screen:
    Highlight app within Downloads folder
    Menu
    Move to folder
    Home

05-11-10 08:13 AM
    Ok, perfect, thanks. With Symbian you could chose to install apps on either internal memory or SD. It's always better to install internally anyway, not sure why Symbian gave the option.
    05-11-10 08:16 AM
    You could also get the app BBFileScout to browse the file system on your BB and media card.

05-11-10 12:05 PM
    Look for a "Files" icon (I don't remember where it lives by default) and choose "File Folders." Your files should come up separated by device and media card. Just poke around until you find what you're looking for.

You can also turn on mass media support and plug your BB into your computer. The media card and the device will mount as separate devices on your computer.
    I'm pretty sure that's OS 5 only.
    05-11-10 12:24 PM
    That's correct, grahamf. OS 4.7 doesn't have the File Folders icon.

05-11-10 12:27 PM
    As you can tell by my sign-up date, I'm a Noobie so please do not flame me. My question is why doesn't RIM allow or make possible apps to be stored on a memory card?

I do not have a BlackBerry but am very interested in getting one. One of the cool things about my Touch Pro 2 is the ability to store programs on the memory card, since the phone has so little internal memory. Has anyone from RIM ever publicly answered that question.

Thanks.
    05-11-10 01:26 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

That's a good question. Here's a few good discussions on the subject: Take note of Forums Moderator Reed McLay's post.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/3rd...y-card-324502/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/i-ju...y-card-313396/

05-11-10 01:52 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

That's a good question. Here's a few good discussions on the subject: Take note of Forums Moderator Reed McLay's post.

Thank you for the lead on these threads. Just what I was looking for. No clear cut answer but some good views from knowledgeable people.
    05-11-10 02:18 PM
    To summarize it: RIM does not feel that being able to execute files running off removable storage is very secure, and also most likely that due to the nature of the JVM that the OS runs on it is very difficult to enable this.
    05-11-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD