Hi, I have a BB 8330. I tried to go back to 2 weeks ago in my text messages but the only thing showing is missed calls and emails. I never deleted these messages. Is there any way to retrieve those messages? I need them for court. Can anyone help me?
    10-24-10 01:31 AM
    Have you checked the general options screen to see what the setting for "Days To Keep Messages" is set to? I'm not sure what the default is usually but it can be set as low as 15 days which means messages would get erased by the phone after 15 days. You can set it to Forever if you wish and messages will only erase when you erase them or the phone begins to run out of space.

You could also try running a complete backup of the entire phone using the Desktop Manager and using a program such as ABC Amber Blackberry Converter (Google it for a trial) to search the backup (.IPD File) to see if you can locate your missing messages. Good luck.
    10-24-10 03:22 AM
    my setting are and always have been "2 months", that's why I don't understand why it's only saving texts for 3 days
    10-25-10 11:29 AM
    It is completely possible the the Garbage Collector that is part of Java deleted
    the messages on it's own. It will do the that when your device memory hits a
    critical (in it's view) threshold.

If that happened, and it sounds like it did, those messages are gone for good unless
    your carrier has a long retention policy.
    10-25-10 11:44 AM
    Did you make a recent backup to desktop manager at a time those texts were there? If so then they were part of that backup. Here's hoping.
    10-25-10 11:48 AM
    You also should check your File Free. If it gets too low, you risk losing data.
    10-25-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD