I got a used phone but wen I tried to put on service and it said it was reported lost
    10-21-15 06:29 AM
    Find the seller and claim for a refund
    10-21-15 06:33 AM
    I got a used phone but wen I tried to put on service and it said it was reported lost
    A device that is flagged as lost or stolen cannot be sold on to a customer, either from a store or online store or through any other way. It's basically handling stolen goods, which is illegal and you can be arrested along with the seller.

I suggest you take it back for a full refund, explain to the seller, that the phone has been flagged as lost/stolen and until it's been un-flagged by the Network Carrier, Police or whoever else does this, tell them it's illegal to sell this item and any others that may of been flagged . The seller may be innocent in this like you and should give you a full refund, as they would know they could loose their business over this as a seller should check goods are fit for purpose before selling.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:01 PM
    Was it a gift?

Neighbor gave me a phone a while ago, got it from a friend or relo as a gift or something, asked me to check it for them. Innocently put one of my SIMs in there. Phone didn't connect. Locked.
    Checked IMEI on Internet. Reported locked by carrier, Telstra. (lost or stolen)

Few weeks later got a call from the cop shop, asking for details. Explained the story. Neighbor got court notice and subsequently fined $200 for handling stolen goods...

Be careful. Explain your position and involvement thoughtfully. In my case I was just trying to be helpful, and people know me as a computer and gadget geek.

:-D

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    Craigash likes this.
    10-21-15 05:34 PM