04-15-10 09:56 AM
27 12
tools
    I have a 9550 and 9630. I have all my apps installed on each phone, they are always on there. Some apps like BerryWeather, QuickLaunch, Meterberry, and others I have purchased twice.

When I want to switch from my 9550 to my 9630, I backup my 9550, restore to the 9630, then go to the Verizon website, and switch devices there. Then log into Verizon's BIS site and switch the PIN. After that I do a battery pull, resend service books, and start using the 9630.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it takes maybe 10 minutes or so depending on how long the backup/restore takes. Users on GSM networks (Att, Tmobile) have it easier, they just need to swap the SIM card instead of switching the IMEI numbers through Verizon.
    So all you have to do is open DM and go to Backup/Restore and make a backup. Plug in the other phone and go to Backup/Restore and restore that file? I figured that would be how, but I was a little concerned about any incompatibility between the 2 phones. Especially with one being touch and one qwerty.
    04-15-10 09:40 AM
    I have a 9550 and 9630. I have all my apps installed on each phone, they are always on there. Some apps like BerryWeather, QuickLaunch, Meterberry, and others I have purchased twice.

When I want to switch from my 9550 to my 9630, I backup my 9550, restore to the 9630, then go to the Verizon website, and switch devices there. Then log into Verizon's BIS site and switch the PIN. After that I do a battery pull, resend service books, and start using the 9630.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it takes maybe 10 minutes or so depending on how long the backup/restore takes. Users on GSM networks (Att, Tmobile) have it easier, they just need to swap the SIM card instead of switching the IMEI numbers through Verizon.
    Any Word on if this Actually works?
    I want to trade phones,(I have 8330m my dad has 8330) so i can have 5.0 but i need to know if my number will be traded with this transaction./

AND will this work on sprint as well?
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 04-15-10 at 09:59 AM.
    04-15-10 09:56 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD