can anyone think of a way to get the PIN number for my old BB? the UPC was sent in for the rebate, no photocopy. Does RIM have a way to look it up if i have the IMEI?
    02-17-10 05:51 PM
    Remember it is the best way, otherwise you're outta luck.

And RIM doesn't assign IMEI's so they have no awareness of them.
    02-17-10 05:58 PM
    thanks for your input Radius. I'm going to rack my brain and see if i can figure out how to get my old PIN number. we'll see i guess
    02-17-10 06:00 PM
    Did you share your PIN with any of your contacts either directly or via BBM. That way they'd be able to look up your contact info on their device and give you the PIN but otherwise I'm guessing not.

If you haven't already changed over your BIS to a new Blackberry then the PIN and IMEI may still be on the carrier's BIS site so you could try calling them and ask them if they can help you.
    02-17-10 06:24 PM
    Did you buy any software that required the pin for activation codes? Did you back up your phone with dm?
    02-17-10 09:34 PM
    Things to try:

If you purchased any software through the CrackBerry app store, log into your software account and see if you entered it in there for automatic license codes.

If you used BBM 5.0 and had it set to save chats, you should have a folder on your SD card under \blackberry\im\blackberry messenger\pin...

If you chatted with anyone via bbm, you should be able to contact them and have them check for your PIN number in their BBM contact list.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-17-10 09:52 PM
    thanks for the input. on that phone i didnt really chat with anyone on bbm. i did do backups with DM tho. is there anyway to check DM?
    02-18-10 10:24 AM
    Do you still have the order sheet or receipt? Sometimes it's listed.
    02-18-10 11:34 AM
    Call AT&T they should have a record no? I know VZW has records of my old phones.
    02-18-10 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD