I need App World on my phone in order to get most apps these days. The problem is the latest version requires 4.5.x firmware OS and I was forced to downgrade in order for my blackberry to function properly.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get more apps without app world installed?
    11-20-11 06:15 PM
    How about getting with the times & updated that old Phone, You will love the new experience.
    11-20-11 06:21 PM
    You will need to try to find the apps that you want from sources other than BlackBerry App World.

These include the CrackBerry App Store and directly from the developers.

Note, however, that you will likely find that many apps will require an OS version minimum of 4.5 as well.

Good luck.
    11-20-11 06:40 PM
    I am broke and this was bought for me as an early christmas present because I have been using a Sony Ericsson K500 since 2004.. This 8800 is a refurbished one and is part of the batch that are "made in Hungary" which glitch out with 4.5 OS version. I have not found any solutions. Runtime is a day even switched off, bluetooth does not work, locking the keypad is only semi effective etc. I downgraded to 4.2 to get my phone to work properly. But now App World will not install. I would like to get some apps but I don't see how I can without App World.
    11-20-11 06:40 PM
    ps, I am disgusted that RIM would not resolve this for people who have an 8800 in the batch from Hungary effected in this manner. Is there no custom OS or any solution for it? I love 4.5 OS but damn.. Powered off runtime is 1 day and its too unstable.
    11-20-11 06:42 PM