...but I am starting to see BB10s popping up everywhere.

A little backround. I live in Zagreb, Croatia. BB10s are not For Sale in Croatia except through internet sites that first take your money and then have BB10s sent from Germany. The 3 telecoms here tell all of their customers that Blackberry is all but dead. WHENEVER someone sees me with either my Z10 or Z30, they (a) are shocked that Blackberry even has a touchscreen device, (b) laugh or (c) are genuinely surprised that Blackberry is still making devices.

Up to this year, the BB10s that I would see are my families and two Z10s from a married couple we hang out with. But time's are a changing.

There's a group of 4 of us who are invested in BBRY stock (Don't sell for less than USD$35). One of us bought the iPhone 6 before XMas. We were shocked, and a little pissed. He's the one who actually complains daily about the SP of Blackberry. His only reason was that BB10s are not for sale in our country. (I get mine when I go to Canada). So one of the other Core Four went on the 'Net and saw the Z30 for cheap on Shopblackberry.com. He bought it through a friend in Calgary and paid the shipping to Croatia. That was his wifes XMas present (to replace the iPhone 5 that she so hates). She loves it! She misses some APPs that she uses here in Croatia and says that the Amazon store doesn't have, but as for the phone itself, she just LOVES IT!

From there, two of their relatives also ordered the Z30 after seeing hers. I asked my buddy why he still has his iPhone and he said it was only because of the banking APPs that he needs. Then at a meeting a few weeks ago, a Passport (my eyes just blew up when I saw it). We spent most of the meeting talking about the phone. Then another meeting, the Classic. Then my brother tells me he ordered the Classic (though, to be fair, he had a Lumia and no one likes the Lumia). Then my sister-in-law showed off her new Classic this week. Last night the fourth of the Core Four received his Z30. And last night our buddy who couldn't afford not to have the banking APPs said that he just ordered the Z30. He will keep his sh!t (his word) iPhone for banking APPs only. AND from what my buddies say, whoever sees the Z30 in action, wants one. The low price helps.

Yes, I am well aware that this is an extremely small sample size and granted, a STILL very small number of BB10s. But it's still much bigger than what was out there only a month or so ago. And I still see many BB7s out and about. If Croatia ever get the Passport/Classic, they might upgrade.

My main points though, people who have them, love them. NO ONE complains. APPs are lacking, but they knew that going in. They show off their BB10s and people are 'intrigued'. Some of my buddies in Canada have the Passport. I've seen the Classic and played with it. Both devices are great, and different from what is out there.

So back to my REAL main point, BUY Blackberry shares... and hold on for the ride.
    02-07-15 01:21 PM
    Nice story. Keep up the good work.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-07-15 02:22 PM
    More or less the same here in Greece...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 02:27 PM
    Well you've seen 3x as many BBs as I have, and we live only a bit over 100km apart from each other (Maribor). To make it worse, one our provider sells BlackBerries (Z3, Z30, Q5, Q10 and Passport).
    02-07-15 02:38 PM
    I prefer to have things that are unique, the crowd mentality is frightening.
    James Bond has a BlackBerry, Batman has a BlackBerry, (Robin has a iPhone, wuss).

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 03:04 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Very nice OP! I agree.....

From my awesome Passport... and also LONG bbry.to

Posted via CB10
    zlatno likes this.
    02-07-15 05:47 PM
    James Bond has a BlackBerry, Batman has a BlackBerry, (Robin has a iPhone, wuss).

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    02-07-15 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, James Bond has been sporting an Xperia in this last one. However, my guess is that most of the James Bonds in the real world are still sticking to their faithful and secure BBs.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    02-07-15 06:53 PM
    Who changed my title???
    02-11-15 07:01 AM