With my business I need to submit a coversheet when I send in an application to our corporate. From a computer with Acrobat I can edit fields on the cover sheet and then submit it along with the application. With my Blackberry however, I can only find apps that will allow me to only view a pdf files and not edit them. Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to edit pdf documents? I checked with Adobe, at this time they have no mobile apps that would allow editing. They suggested I search for a 3rd party app. I so far have not been able to find one. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!
    09-02-10 09:05 AM
    To my understanding, if you purchase Documents To Go Premium edition, it will allow you to view and edit .pdf documents. Might want to double check to make sure it will allow you to edit the docs. It's pricy tho...

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    09-02-10 09:15 AM
    I thought the point of pdf was to not be able to edit them. Once it's create it you can't modify it.
    I use documents 2 go and you can edit word and spreadsheets just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 09:16 AM
    I thought the point of pdf was to not be able to edit them. Once it's create it you can't modify it.
    I use documents 2 go and you can edit word and spreadsheets just fine.

Well, I know that some .pdf documents allow you to fill out particular fields on the document and print it off... like tax forms and stuff like that. I had to do this for my boss just the other day. I would assume that you'd be able to since you can edit word and excel documents... I can't imagine that they wouldn't make it so that you could enter text into the fields of a .pdf that allows you to.
    09-02-10 09:26 AM
    Well, I know that some .pdf documents allow you to fill out particular fields on the document and print it off... like tax forms and stuff like that. I had to do this for my boss just the other day. I would assume that you'd be able to since you can edit word and excel documents... I can't imagine that they wouldn't make it so that you could enter text into the fields of a .pdf that allows you to.
    You can email me an example if you want and I'll see if docs2go can handle that before you waist your money on it.

09-02-10 09:50 AM
    You can email me an example if you want and I'll see if docs2go can handle that before you waist your money on it.

Can you PM me your e-mail address? I'll send you one. I tried to send you a pin message, said that the service was blocked...
    09-02-10 10:16 AM
    Not sure if you got my pm, try this pin: pin:224154E6

09-02-10 01:23 PM
    So what happened? Can you edit PDF files on BlackBerry using paid Docs2Go? i had a hard time editing the PDF on a PC!

09-07-10 07:26 AM
    I have a PDF order form I fill out on my PC, but it doesn't work with D2G.

I don't know of any PDF app that does work this way. It would be nice to see, though.
    09-07-10 08:42 AM
    I'm not the smartest guy around but I'm almost sure you cant edit pdf files without giving Adobe there $300 bucks!
    09-07-10 08:57 AM
    I'm not the smartest guy around but I'm almost sure you cant edit pdf files without giving Adobe there $300 bucks!
    Right, D2G allows you to view them but not edit.
    09-07-10 10:04 AM
    Hmm. 2 mods suggested eOffice. i'll have to check that out. Right now i'm editing PDFs on the PC and then emailing them to my BlackBerry to save.

09-07-10 06:44 PM
    On my computer at home I use PDF Converter Pro from Nuance which is $99 U.S. and therefore cheaper than Adobe. I just tried a document from my work and I was unable to edit it with Doc 2 Go Premium. I also checked the site and it says well actually it doesn't say that you can edit/fill out PDF's.

DJ
    Last edited by DJ_Boxer; 09-08-10 at 10:31 AM.
    09-08-10 10:23 AM
    Openoffice can do a pretty good job too.

09-08-10 01:34 PM
    With OpenOffice, I'll edit a Word document then save it as a PDF. I'd be happy enough if Docs2Go would at least do that much.

09-08-10 02:00 PM
    With OpenOffice, I'll edit a Word document then save it as a PDF. I'd be happy enough if Docs2Go would at least do that much.

What D2Go can do is synch your word documents 2 way to your pc and blackberry, edit word on blackberry, synch back to pc when done then save as pdf. That's what I do with spreadsheets.

09-08-10 02:15 PM
    What D2Go can do is synch your word documents 2 way to your pc and blackberry, edit word on blackberry, synch back to pc when done then save as pdf. That's what I do with spreadsheets.

Right. But it's annoying, at least to me. If OpenOffice can save a doc file as a pdf, I don't see why D2G can't do the same thing. It'd certainly save me a lot of steps, and I could do it no matter where I am and whether I had my laptop with me or not.
    09-08-10 03:17 PM
    Right. But it's annoying, at least to me. If OpenOffice can save a doc file as a pdf, I don't see why D2G can't do the same thing. It'd certainly save me a lot of steps, and I could do it no matter where I am and whether I had my laptop with me or not.
    Annoying or not, this is the best it can do at the moment. Assuming you want your files back on your laptop for proper checking before sending them, doing it the way I explained is not adding any extra steps, you just do them in a different order.

09-08-10 03:34 PM
    I hate workarounds. I can check stuff on my BB just fine really, because I'm careful.

Saying "oh well that's all we got so we deal" doesn't change my wishlist, and it certainly doesn't spawn much progress.
    09-08-10 03:42 PM
    I hate workarounds. I can check stuff on my BB just fine really, because I'm careful.

Saying "oh well that's all we got so we deal" doesn't change my wishlist, and it certainly doesn't spawn much progress.
    Well, with that I agree but I have my work to do and I do it with the tools I have in hand at the present time. I really wish I had the "save as pdf" option also but it ain't there and I'm not gonna wait for it to be there. The show must go on in the meantime.
    How do the other platforms stack up on this, is it available for them? Just curious.

09-08-10 04:16 PM
    I thought the point of pdf was to not be able to edit them. ,,
    It is - Adobe do sell a PDF writer which you would have to pay extra for - but BB will just have PDF reader
    09-08-10 05:09 PM
    I wish there was a way to save the documents as pdf that you create from Doc2Go but I found a programme on this site that lets you save web pages as pdf. It's not what we are looking for but I feel that it's a start.

DJ
    09-15-10 07:44 AM
    Not sure if this program will allow editing/form filling, but it seems to be an alternative to the d2g pdf reader:

RepliGo Reader for BlackBerry Download : Cerience Corporation
    09-15-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD