I added a Gmail account last week, but decided I didn't really need it and deleted it from my Curve. Leaving me with my Yahoo account. At the time, I didn't realize all my contacts from the Gmail account were imported. Just realized that now and have gone in and deleted them one by one. But, when I add a new contact, the old Gmail account is still an option for a contact list. Why??

I am not using my Curve through a company.

How do I delete this Gmail account permanently from everything??
    02-22-11 10:42 AM
    You should be able to go to your Options, Advanced Settings, Service Books, and delete the service books pertaining to Gmail.
    02-22-11 11:14 AM
    The Gmail account is not listed under service books. Only the Yahoo account that I use is there. When I go to Options under Contacts, I see both Gmail and Yahoo Contact lists there, but I can't get rid of the Gmail one.

Is there a way??????
    02-22-11 11:31 AM
    Found the solution:

Contacts-Options-Highlight list you want removed-Type *rset*-Yes, *rset*, not reset-done.

So simple, but so hidden. Why RIM?????
    PossumPete likes this.
    02-22-11 12:57 PM
    Found the solution:

Contacts-Options-Highlight list you want removed-Type *rset*-Yes, *rset*, not reset-done.

So simple, but so hidden. Why RIM?????
    I originally was going to tell you that but I thought you were just trying to get rid of the Gmail account option in Contacts.

That command works in your Calendar as well.
    02-22-11 01:01 PM
    I was. And nothing posted had worked. The option of the Gmail account was still there when I entered a new contact. There was a drop down menu with the 2 choices there. Now there is no choice since there is only one account.
    02-22-11 01:06 PM
    Wow, you have got to be kidding me. Thank you very much, I created a second gmail account for a different group but I didn't need to change any contacts and it doubled everything. I NEVER would have figured out *rset*. Wow.
    03-03-11 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD