i need to backup my contact numbers to the comuter , or to send them to my sim card ?
    how can it be done?????
    02-27-11 06:30 AM
    You need to use Desktop manager. The software u received with your fone.

If you havent got the cd then you can download it from Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com

install it and the backup feature is in there!
    02-27-11 07:27 AM
    Yep..Desktop Manager will do that for you
    02-27-11 07:43 AM
    You need to use Desktop manager. The software u received with your fone.

If you havent got the cd then you can download it from Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com

install it and the backup feature is in there!
    Yep..Desktop Manager will do that for you

i want to backup my contacts only , not the software
    02-27-11 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager doesn't backup the software. It only backs up your data.
    02-27-11 04:58 PM
    i need to backup my contact numbers to the comuter , or to send them to my sim card ?
    how can it be done?????
    One other option is if your carrier is TMobile, is to go to settings-->options-->mobile backup. Not sure if other carriers offer that option.
    02-27-11 05:37 PM
    One other option is if your carrier is TMobile, is to go to settings-->options-->mobile backup. Not sure if other carriers offer that option.
    i realy dont . thank u
    02-27-11 05:42 PM
    I can't tell who your carrier is here on wap. Verizon has an app called Backup Assiatant, that will automatically backup your contacts daily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 06:45 PM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/14817
    Funambol Sync delivers over-the-air synchronization of your personal data. Keep your data in sync, anytime, anywhere. If you would like to try Funambol Sync on BlackBerry�, ...
    There is another solution, use the Cloud.
    dare4more likes this.
    02-27-11 06:50 PM
    Another option is to use the free Google Sync. this will put a copy of your Contacts, and Calendar too if you choose, on Gmail.
    02-28-11 07:15 AM
    Another option is to use the free Google Sync. this will put a copy of your Contacts, and Calendar too if you choose, on Gmail.
    how can i do it ?
    02-28-11 07:20 AM
    Install Google Sync:

http://m.google.com/sync

Run it and check Contacts and Save. It does require you to have a Gmail account (free too).
    dare4more likes this.
    02-28-11 07:22 AM
    Desktop manager is among the best options, since you can back up only certain databases like contacts, or back up all databases.
    dare4more likes this.
    02-28-11 09:12 AM
    There is a freeware program called OutEdit that backs up your contacts as TXT files onto your Memory card. it will also restore the contacts.

BlackBerry App World - OutEdit - Edit Backup Your Contacts in PC as TXT Files
    02-28-11 04:45 PM
    As others have said, Desktop Manager is a good option too. But I would use the Sync function and choose the ASCII option. This does a one-way sync from your device to your desktop and creates a .csv file of your Contacts. This file can be opened and edited with Excel. Very handy if you need to do mass edits or for backup.
    03-01-11 06:34 AM
    i just installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager and see that when i press backup , it backups everything on my phone , and not just as u said ->i can backup the contacts only ..!!

i want to save my contact list names and numbers on my pc as i already did with my previous nokia , or this obtion isnot available in the BB world !!!
    03-06-11 02:26 PM
    No one ever stated that you could back up only your contacts using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Sync the contacts with Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Live Mail if that's all you want on the computer.

BlackBerry devices work differently than other devices.

Or as previously suggested, you could use Google Sync, but you would need a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use that.
    03-06-11 03:49 PM
    No one ever stated that you could back up only your contacts using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Sync the contacts with Outlook/Outlook Express/Windows Live Mail if that's all you want on the computer.

Or as previously suggested, you could use Google Sync, but you would need a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to use that.
    i dont have a data plan , how could i sync using windows live mail ???
    03-06-11 03:53 PM
    That makes a lot of difference.

You are not able to Sync with external services without a plan.

Your only option is using BlackBerry Desktop Manager to create a Backup of your data. Then, you can use a utility program to access the data.

ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter - Download
    dare4more likes this.
    03-06-11 04:03 PM
    If you use a GSM carrier, you can backup your contacts to your SIM card. If not and you don't do a monthly backup with DM, you can always use gmail to backup your contacts.
    03-06-11 04:04 PM
    If you use a GSM carrier, you can backup your contacts to your SIM card. If not and you don't do a monthly backup with DM, you can always use gmail to backup your contacts.
    my BB signal plays between GSM and edge , i dont know what does this mean

but i used to backup my contacts on my previous phone to the sim card , i dont know how it works with blackberry!!
    03-06-11 04:09 PM
    Windows Live Mail is the name of the software program in Windows Vista that replaced Outlook Express that was found in previous Windows versions.

If you have Vista, then Windows Live Mail is on your computer. Otherwise, you should have Outlook Express.

You can sync the contacts between your BlackBerry and these programs using BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer.

It has nothing to do with a data plan.
    Reed McLay likes this.
    03-06-11 04:12 PM
    Good Point MM. More then one way to skin a cat.
    03-06-11 04:15 PM
    Windows Live Mail is the name of the software program in Windows Vista that replaced Outlook Express that was found in previous Windows versions.

If you have Vista, then Windows Live Mail is on your computer. Otherwise, you should have Outlook Express.

You can sync the contacts between your BlackBerry and these programs using BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer.

It has nothing to do with a data plan.
    i dont realy know how to do it ?? yes i do have vista
    03-06-11 04:20 PM

Actually, I did suggest that you can back up an individual database from the phone to DM, at least you could the last time I used it a few months ago. You use the advanced option.

I didn't realize, however, that the OP wanted to be able to read or manipulate them, which DM won't do.
    03-06-11 04:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD