Thou i am not as big as bb management to talk about how they can change, but as a owner of a solutions company and a die hard bb fan(once), i would like to contribute something that can create a diffrentiating factor of bbm as compaired to other im.. esp wats app.

first some of the features which lack on ios/android. and this is really important .. and how a simple tweek can help em out.

1 no mute notification of groups(think its on the works from bb developers, its very important for many ppl who have active groups like me)
    2 No video sharing
    3 a complicated UI where to add people , its a mess.. dont know what missing but its defiantly confusing and less intuitive.
    4 in groups while creating sub groups in ios/android.. its a very difficult task and everytime u have to scroll so much to get to the main group where lists are there.
    5 pictures are cropped in groups to make room for comments. it is not a nice way to put since if a user need to see the whole picture he need to tirelessly click on it which many times dont work properly or very slow. try a ios facebook type of thing, where comments slide up in a translucent way...

now come features with slight tweaks that can create a differentiating factor for BBM bw diff ims

1 when i open a bb group. i come across with 4 folders, rectangular. one is chat, second pictures, third is lists, fourth is events.
    now delete this lists and events...(no use practically thou its a good thing but not as good to place a seperate box for that... put it somewhere else)
    now what should be there if we delete LISTS and EVENTS: the answer will be... VIDEOS and FILES.
    many ppl is been thinking .. how u put videos and files in IOS... well its rather simple and easy way.... dropbox, google drive all have open source integration, it does not matter if ios have their file repository or not... u have the file repository linked with dropbox and googe drive.... use it.
    one more option which bb can utilize is have their own cloud solution like bb protect, make a file repository for bbm. its not tough since they have the infra and NOC to support it.

yes i know we can share files on bb10.. but this is something can be done in bbm Ios /android...

THIS IS ONE DIFFERENTIATING FACTOR..... u can share files bw groups.

Now we talk about one more simple tweek and things will become smooth and ppl will tend to take it as their main IM.

1: connect with facebook/contacts/bbm id.
    phone book should be integrated with phone numbers/ facebook/ bbm ID. now many folks will be thinking then where is the ******* security and i dont want spam on my bbm. well there is a answer to that. when bbm integrate with ur phonebook and fb id.. there will be many people whom u share ur phone numbers with, so they dont have any issue regarding that. now those ppl who didnt. will get a request to connect first to a person who is sending u the ping. that is called HANDSHAKE. so anyways either u can block him or carry on with him.
    only thing bbm need to do is while signing bbm users will recieve a code on their phone numbers to confirm. simple and easiest way to do it. send a code to mobile number to verify.
    see why wats app is so sucessful is coz ppl just need the phonebook and send msg to them, they can easily check if the guy is using wats app or not....

for bbm do it in a same way.. but attach a bbm id if he dont have bbm, via sms, a link to install..... not bad..

one more intresting thing BBM can do apart from channels.

Attach bbm ID to ebay and amazon. this will not only help them to make bbm essential with many things. it will help them to built reputation among users.

what about putting current wether on users location, when they open bbm.. a small icon on the top with temp and cloud etc.

well there are many things which i wanna share.. but i think its enough for the day.. just my 2 cents....

please share guys what u think can help bbm to be on the top and can be a different im as compared to others in the market.
    rayzian and SavvyBB like this.
    10-29-13 03:48 PM
    If you really mean to help make BBM better, sign up to Beta Zone and post your feedback there. Even better, use the feedback forms and send your ideas directly via email to the dev team.

CrackBerry does get watched but things will get burried under other threads fast.
    tabish4u likes this.
    10-29-13 04:40 PM
    Yes, I was wondering how to mute group chats... so there is no way to mute yet? Also, it would be nice if pictures could be shared through the chat window instead of having to get out of the chat window and then upload your picture in the picture window. If pictures could be shared in the chat window itself, where clicking on the thumbnail would then launch the picture window, where you could then give your separate comments or like on the picture, that would have been a better setup.

I also wanted to add that on BB10 it seems that the option to leave a group on WhatsApp has been removed... I've been added to a group on WhatsApp where everyone has left in the meantime, including the group admin, except for one other person. I have tried deleting the group, but every time someone left the group or posted a comment, it would show up again with the notification. I never posted any comments, because I knew that I wanted to leave that group as soon as I was added. But I can't leave, because the option isn't there. And the only other person keeps asking once in a while if there is anyone else there... too funny, but kind of annoying too.

So on BBM groupchat I can't mute a group, and on WhatsApp groupchat I can't leave a group...
    Last edited by SavvyBB; 10-31-13 at 12:38 AM.
    10-31-13 12:22 AM
    It is already awesome.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-31-13 12:35 AM