1. Brand spankin new blackberry comes out with all new features and hardware.

2. Resist the temptation to purchase and save your upgrade for:

3. The same brand spankin new blackberry with "minor improvements" the way it should have come out in the first place a few months later.

4. Sit back and read the forums of all the angry blackberry users who are locked in a contract with a phone that may or may not be able to take advantage of RIM's new features on your new device.
    Last edited by fasteddie711; 07-19-10 at 07:59 PM.
    07-19-10 07:54 PM
    OR

Do your research, go down to the stores, test out different phones. Look at the features, pair them with what YOU need, go back and do more research and make an informed decision. IMO
    07-19-10 08:03 PM
    Good advice, and also when you buy it a few months later, it will be $50 or $100 cheaper.

A LOT of people still use 83xx Curves (Still the most prevalent BB in use, as it looks to me), so if you have a Tour or a 85xx you are already "more modern" than them, so don't rush to the next thing!
    07-19-10 08:07 PM
    OR

Do your research, go down to the stores, test out different phones. Look at the features, pair them with what YOU need, go back and do more research and make an informed decision. IMO
    And realize that as soon as you get anything it will already be out of date so you don't let it bother you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 08:13 PM
    And realize that as soon as you get anything it will already be out of date so you don't let it bother you.

Very good addition!
    07-19-10 08:14 PM
    this is exactly why i bought my Storm2 on release day. buying a BB as soon as it comes out is the only way to lessen the pain of a yearly refresh. now don't get me wrong, i appreciate RIM releasing updated phones on a regular basis but the fact that they are not upgradeable to the latest software is absolutely ridiculous. for example: the G1 (released Oct. 22 2008) is still able to be upgraded to android 2.2, while the original storm (released almost a month later) will not support OS6. i am all for innovation, but if you are outdating your own hardware with software releases in less than a year (i.e. Tour 9630, released July 13 2009, and not OS6 compatible) there has got to be a bigger issue in the R&D department.
    07-19-10 08:26 PM
    It's true something better is always around the corner, but what a slap in the face it is to people who bought storms, the tour, and other BB's that are replaced with the EXACT same shell and MINOR hardware upgrades. Not only that, but then they don't support the "old" device (8 months ot less) with new updates- such as os6. Even the 3g iphone that is three years old has ios4 running on it. Not to mention the many HTC and Motorola Droid devices that are over a year old recieving updates. Seriously, what other company comes out with the SAME Looking device on the SAME network with MINOR improvements? Sorry, but a little more RAM, a camera MP upgrade, and a few tweaks is NOT an upgrade, just a side step. I used to swear by BB, now I'm beginning to think that RIM bought stock in all the other smartphone manufactures because they are chasing all their user base to other platforms.
    Last edited by fasteddie711; 07-19-10 at 08:41 PM.
    07-19-10 08:28 PM
    I purchased the Kyocera Loft instead.
    07-19-10 08:29 PM
    waiting a month or two is good. You'll find out if there is a bad batch going around...
    07-20-10 01:18 AM
    I am still fine with OS5, so no biggie to me...had phone 6 months(9700) and love everything about still, I mean OS6 would be awesome, don't get me wrong, but I will survive if it don't come on my phone...because in the end, it is just that...a phone, not life changing and if it is, you have bigger issues to worry about.

I believe I have seen many people on here with those issues....

07-20-10 06:09 AM
    I almost never upgraded any phones i had in the past. I have a phone for a few years changing skins/themes/acsessories etc, then i upgrade by buying a new phone Im very pleased with the OS5 to be honest and whenever i get tired of the phone itself( which will be a long while) il buy something else to suit my needs!
    /sol.
    07-20-10 06:29 AM
    When I purchase a new phone, I do my research and I'm satisfied with what I purchased. I don't get hung up and bent out of shape if an "improved" model comes out within a couple of months. Technology is constantly changing. If you are hung up on having the latest and greatest (and you think you got screwed because the "latest and greatest" came out 45 days after you made your current purchase) you will drive yourself crazy. Trying to keep up with the technology is like the dog chasing it's tail. It's not going to happen.
    07-20-10 06:47 AM
    agreed. If you think like that you woyuld go crazy in an instant. People need to realise everything coming out is not for them. You choose things in your daily life that helps you instead of making you suffer more Like a phone for example. It should be a tool to help you in your daily life. If its constantly causing you grief and taking up even more time its not a tool anymore in my opinion
    I see the same thing with all technology to be honest. So much freakin stuff is coming out on a daily basis and is constantly upgraded. Dvd to blueray...TVs...phones...all sorts of darn equippment that is supposed to be something you "must" have! People really need to calm down take a step back and ask themself what the meaning is
    My 2 cents
    /sol.
    07-20-10 06:59 AM
    If you have to rely on signing contracts just to get the latest and greatest, maybe keeping 'up-to-date' in the smartphone world isn't for you.
    07-20-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD