Building smartphones and OS systems is extremely easy.
    GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT.

Step 1. Get a rectangular screen design, load it with 1.5-2.0 dual core ghz processor, 2gb ram

Step 2. Make it aesthetically appealing, nice flush screen, no funny borders, no bezels on top or bottom separating the screen.

Step 3. 2.0 Mega pixel front camera, 10 back

Step 4. PEOPLE MUST HAVE ANGRY BIRDS, FRUIT NINJAS, TUMBLR, TWITTER, FLIP BOARD, SKYPE, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTREST!!1

Step 5: ANGRY BIRDS

Step 6: Cheap apps, like 99 cents or free! None of this 4.99-9.99 price nonsense.

Step 7: TONS OF MARKETING -"cpsquires"

A monkey could make a banana phone successful if it had all that.

No one will care about peak and flow if there are no angry birds, fruit ninjas, tumblr, instagram, flip board, Skype, pintrest.

And if you say "omg I don't need any of those apps" then you do not resemble the Type of consumer that makes phone companies successful.

P.s

ANGRY BIRDS.
    Last edited by inthemix9; 11-24-12 at 09:50 PM.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    11-24-12 08:50 PM
    Yeah, inthemix9, you're telling me nothing new, I know I don't fit that profile. I need a work phone 1st, recreational phone 2nd, and I don't even play games! No shocker, I use a BlackBerry.
    11-24-12 09:10 PM
    True and yet you can accomplish all this and not make profits (or not a lot).

HTC, LG, etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 09:15 PM
    based on what ive just read. if u dont have angry bird then your purchase doesnt affect phone manufacturers....

that doesn't sound beyond ignorant at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    11-24-12 09:28 PM
    based on what ive just read. if u dont have angry bird then your purchase doesnt affect phone manufacturers....

that doesn't sound beyond ignorant at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    I don't think you read it correctly at all, try again.
    11-24-12 09:30 PM
    True and yet you can accomplish all this and not make profits (or not a lot).

HTC, LG, etc.

How does this work for bb10??
    11-24-12 09:36 PM
    Great! So when are you going to become CEO?
    11-24-12 09:36 PM
    Great! So when are you going to become CEO?
    I wish I could be a great monkey
    11-24-12 09:37 PM
    You missed the most important part.....marketing, very good marketing. You can have all that and still not sell.
    11-24-12 09:47 PM
    You missed the most important part.....marketing, very good marketing. You can have all that and still not sell.
    I will add it
    11-24-12 09:48 PM
    How does this work for bb10??
    Because RIM has to control the whole deal top to bottom to add value in services. Services you and I do not even know we need ... yet. Android does not allow them to achieve that.

Well actually BlackBerry Balance is a good example. This is the type of thing that needs to be baked into the OS.
    11-25-12 11:51 AM
    Because RIM has to control the whole deal top to bottom to add value in services. Services you and I do not even know we need ... yet. Android does not allow them to achieve that.

Well actually BlackBerry Balance is a good example. This is the type of thing that needs to be baked into the OS.
    I know exactly what I need lol
    11-25-12 12:03 PM
    I know exactly what I need lol
    Actually I got off point here as I was confused and thinking this was a thread about RIM using Android.

Never mind.

11-25-12 09:32 PM
    "Step 3. 2.0 Mega pixel front camera, 10 back"
    I rather go for better picture quality then megapixels. Unless you have larger optics and a larger sensor then you can have more megapixels.

"Step 6: Cheap apps, like 99 cents or free! None of this 4.99-9.99 price nonsense."
    Prices are set by the developer and there is not much RIM can do about it.
    11-25-12 09:51 PM
    ive liked this forum much better without inthemix9
    he/she's so extremely annoying... 99% of his posts are anti-blackberry

why is he even participating in these discussions? : (
    11-25-12 09:54 PM

Nothing anti rim about it, you just dont like my opinions or that I'm not some blind fanboy. I like you, and your opinions and the freedom to express them make this forum a better place.
    southlander and aragone79 like this.
    11-25-12 10:02 PM
    Yeah, inthemix9, you're telling me nothing new, I know I don't fit that profile. I need a work phone 1st, recreational phone 2nd, and I don't even play games! No shocker, I use a BlackBerry.
    What is a "work phone"? I think classifications like "work phone" and "business user" are no longer reliable market segments outside of niche customers (which are more likely to be organizations rather than individuals) that demand ultra-high security and extremely granular control. What "business user" doesn't want to consume media, occasionally play games, and download the latest and greatest apps? And what "consumer user" doesn't value UI efficiency, a good typing experience, and knowing their sensitive data is being transmitted securely?

What RIM's current state has shown is that, while no phone currently might be doing all these things well, users overwhelmingly will choose a jack-of-all-trades over a master-of-one. If RIM wants to differentiate though an efficient UI, excellent typing experience, and security, that's great; but it can't do so at the expense of everything else. It doesn't have to be the best at everything else, but it must be at least competitive in all areas while being class-leading in two or three.
    Cesare21 likes this.
    11-26-12 12:37 AM
    Building smartphones and OS systems is extremely easy.
    GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT.

Step 1. Get a rectangular screen design, load it with 1.5-2.0 dual core ghz processor, 2gb ram

Step 2. Make it aesthetically appealing, nice flush screen, no funny borders, no bezels on top or bottom separating the screen.

Step 3. 2.0 Mega pixel front camera, 10 back

Step 4. PEOPLE MUST HAVE ANGRY BIRDS, FRUIT NINJAS, TUMBLR, TWITTER, FLIP BOARD, SKYPE, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTREST!!1

Step 5: ANGRY BIRDS

Step 6: Cheap apps, like 99 cents or free! None of this 4.99-9.99 price nonsense.

Step 7: TONS OF MARKETING -"cpsquires"

A monkey could make a banana phone successful if it had all that.

No one will care about peak and flow if there are no angry birds, fruit ninjas, tumblr, instagram, flip board, Skype, pintrest.

And if you say "omg I don't need any of those apps" then you do not resemble the Type of consumer that makes phone companies successful.

P.s

ANGRY BIRDS.
    PlayBook already has Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja(not that I play it) BB10 will also have Angry Birds, are you feeling better now?

PS 9900 also has Fruit Ninja, but that's not what I call a priority, a fully integrated inbox aka Hub is what I prioritize.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    11-26-12 03:03 AM
    PlayBook already has Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja(not that I play it) BB10 will also have Angry Birds, are you feeling better now?

PS 9900 also has Fruit Ninja, but that's not what I call a priority, a fully integrated inbox aka Hub is what I prioritize.
    It's what I might prioritize as well, but as the OP said, what you and I prioritize may ultimately represent a niche market. And isn't it better to have those apps and not use them vs. not having them at all? This is my biggest BB 10 concern, which has grown after reading some of the reviews of the Lumia 920 and HTC 8X. Great hardware and a great OS just might not be enough to overcome an app gap. And it's not so much about having the currently popular apps available as it is about having developer mindshare in the future... What happens when The Next Big App is available only for iOS and Android? Or when your favorite store or web site has a mobile app only for iOS and Android?

Will I even want or need those apps? Maybe not. But, they they make for a complete, compelling ecosystem and essentially are marketing tools in and of themselves. And perhaps more importantly, they're what help prevent you from being left out when the next truly innovative app does come around. We're only scratching the surface of the mobile paradigm right now.

Though I'm constantly tempted after flirting with Android, the BlackBerry workflow and experience is what has kept me on the platform. And BB 10 looks like it might nail it on the UI front, at least for people like me. But I worry that BB 10 will be a lot like pre-OS X Mac OS (before Macs became "cool"): it will be the best platform that can't run anything. For the record, I'd debate whether pre-OS X Mac OS was really better than Windows, but you get the point.
    11-26-12 08:08 AM
    What is a "work phone"? I think classifications like "work phone" and "business user" are no longer reliable market segments outside of niche customers (which are more likely to be organizations rather than individuals) that demand ultra-high security and extremely granular control. What "business user" doesn't want to consume media, occasionally play games, and download the latest and greatest apps? And what "consumer user" doesn't value UI efficiency, a good typing experience, and knowing their sensitive data is being transmitted securely?

What RIM's current state has shown is that, while no phone currently might be doing all these things well, users overwhelmingly will choose a jack-of-all-trades over a master-of-one. If RIM wants to differentiate though an efficient UI, excellent typing experience, and security, that's great; but it can't do so at the expense of everything else. It doesn't have to be the best at everything else, but it must be at least competitive in all areas while being class-leading in two or three.
    My quick list of features for my "work" phone;
    -Integrated OS (ability to easily move data around from one app to another, apps work well with each other)
    -Copy, Cut, Paste
    -Multi-tasking
    -Communication (voice, messaging, email)
    -Ease of Data input. for me that means physical keyboard (maybe the BB10 London will change this)
    -The ability to get things done quickly (BB keyboard shortcuts!)
    -Durable design, able to take some abuse
    -All day battery life
    The average smartphone user couldn't give a dip about most, if not all of these things, and most of the smartphones produced reflect that. I agree with you that any smartphone has to be competitive in all areas, RIM became obviously aware of this, hence BB10.
    11-26-12 08:42 AM

Nothing anti rim about it, you just dont like my opinions or that I'm not some blind fanboy. I like you, and your opinions and the freedom to express them make this forum a better place.

Gentleman! Lets nip this in the bud! You both are entitled to have different opinions. Lets not insult each other.

ITM has some valid points. I don't agree with them all BUT he has the right to make them, and others to rebut them, but lets do it in the right way. berryaddictnova does this perfectly earlier in the thread. I will give you another example. While I feel there ARE important apps, such as Netflix, Skype and yea maybe Angry birds (gotta have my game fix) I think "must haves" are NOT the same for all and as such it should be RIM's goal to try to get as many of these developer's as they can, BUT not to fret the ones they can't because you are never going to satisfy everyone's list!
    aragone79 likes this.
    11-26-12 08:44 AM
    My quick list of features for my "work" phone;
    -Integrated OS (ability to easily move data around from one app to another, apps work well with each other)
    -Copy, Cut, Paste
    -Multi-tasking
    -Communication (voice, messaging, email)
    -Ease of Data input. for me that means physical keyboard (maybe the BB10 London will change this)
    -The ability to get things done quickly (BB keyboard shortcuts!)
    -Durable design, able to take some abuse
    -All day battery life
    The average smartphone user couldn't give a dip about most, if not all of these things, and most of the smartphones produced reflect that. I agree with you that any smartphone has to be competitive in all areas, RIM became obviously aware of this, hence BB10.

And that's the thing that is important at this point.
    Just because I only use Angry Birds to entertain bored kidlets, the fact is that the trend are devices that CAN in fact do these things I don't happen to personally value.
    That said, I've become very aware in some lapses in apps that I hope BB10 remedies.
    11-26-12 08:52 AM
    Funny, I can't find it anywhere on app world. When did Fruit Ninja come out for the 9900?
    11-26-12 10:57 AM
    Funny, I can't find it anywhere on app world. When did Fruit Ninja come out for the 9900?
    There are 44 games with the words "fruit" and "ninja" but I haven't found Fruit Ninja.

There is one called Ninja Fruit.

Not that I know what that is.
    11-26-12 11:25 AM
    My bad, it's called Frui Slash
    11-26-12 11:43 AM
32 12