That would be awesome for Torch 3. I find that sliding out in portrait mode makes the phone awkward to hold. Landscape slide out like HTC phones would be great for a touch screen Blackberry.
    01-30-11 07:00 PM
    its been rumored to be in development stages
    01-30-11 07:11 PM
    That would be awesome for Torch 3. I find that sliding out in portrait mode makes the phone awkward to hold. Landscape slide out like HTC phones would be great for a touch screen Blackberry.
    That would be avery nice change to balance the phone, ease typing on the physical keyboard and make it less cramped.
    01-30-11 07:31 PM
    Right now I'm leaning toward the Bold Touch for my next phone when my Torch's contract is up (many months away). But if RIM pulls out a Torch with a landscape keyboard, I'm gonna have a very difficult choice to make.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 08:35 PM
    I must be one of the few people who has less than zero interest in a horizontal keyboard. They're just way too big and make typing slower and don't look as good.
    01-30-11 09:47 PM
    I must be one of the few people who has less than zero interest in a horizontal keyboard. They're just way too big and make typing slower and don't look as good.
    I'm not really sure how a landscape keyboard would make the typing slower. As far as the 9800 goes, the physical keyboard is rather cramped and that in my opinion makes typing slower. I think having a landscape style keyboard would increase typing speed and accuracy. But to each his/her own.
    01-30-11 09:56 PM
    I'm not sure how it'd work for me. I love the keyboards as they are right now. I was a little weary at first about the portrait style keyboard, but it's actually worked well for me. The keys being angled, like they are, helps out so much. I'd be interested in landscape if it had some sort of pattern like that also.
    01-30-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD