This is an old article but the AT&T link and feature still worked (though I did need to set up a new account for this feature -- ones regular AT&T account will not work.)

It has worked for hubby for many months. I hope it is useful to me to, and others.

How to Block Cellphone Spam - NYTimes.com
    Last edited by mrskittens; 09-05-11 at 07:18 PM. Reason: formatting booboo
    09-05-11 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the info. The more options for blocking spammers, the better. What's great with BlackBerry is that you can go to Options/Security/Firewall and block texts and other messages from everyone while exempting your contacts and/or specific phone numbers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the info. The more options for blocking spammers, the better. What's great with BlackBerry is that you can go to Options/Security/Firewall and block texts and other messages from everyone while exempting your contacts and/or specific phone numbers.

Cool, I never realized that.

Unfortunately because I don't normally text (I know, I'm the only one in the world) I don't have a texting plan and therefore I will probably still be charged (and worse yet not know it till the bill comes!)

But it is a cool feature for those with a texting plan.

I just want texting open for emergencies, like to use with BuddyGuard. I'm hoping I don't get spammed now.
    09-05-11 07:24 PM
    if the spam happens to come from an actual phone number on your carrier (you could google that number and likely it will say what carrier/where it came from) and report it to that carrier for breach of their terms of service.

09-05-11 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD