Them: Why did you buy an iPhone?! iPhones are toys I hate them!

Me: Have you ever used one?

Them: No I only use BlackBerries because they're for professional people and are better and stuff!

Me: so, what dont you like about iPhones?

Them: They have apps and they are popular so they are toys!

Me: So satisfied customers and a populated app store makes it a toy?

Them: Uhhh...You are a brainwashed Apple slave!

Me:
    Yuuuup. This is how it goes. They can't even state the pros and cons of their platform let alone iPhone.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    02-07-12 06:38 AM
    Its Canadian hate. Some people out there just dont like to see a successful Canadian company
    Yes this.... definitely this, I travel frequently, and always have to lie about my nationality due to the hate I get…. /end sarcasm

What is with the media today? They all seem to have problems with RIM and try to spin it around and make them look like a horrible company. They build good solid quality phones, but this fanboyism (if you want to call it that) has to stop from professional journalism.
    /rant
    First off, not sure I’d call either quoted sources professional journalists :S….. so as always take these things with a grain of salt…
    Although I agree that there may be a couple media outlets with a genuine hate for RIM, I believe for the most part, the negative articles are more inspired by $$$$$ than “having a problem with RIM”
    Let’s face it, negative press sells ! A headline like this gets lots of clicks… lots of clicks = greater ad revenue. These site funded by ad revenue so yeah, it’s pretty simple, they will continue to publish the articles that bring in the hits :/ Then you link the article, giving them even MORE clicks, maybe in the future just quote the article if you must, and leave out the link Or better yet, just ignore these articles and move on, Find a positive article and link to that
    02-07-12 09:05 AM
    Them: Why did you buy an iPhone?! iPhones are toys I hate them!

Me: Have you ever used one?

Them: No I only use BlackBerries because they're for professional people and are better and stuff!

Me: so, what dont you like about iPhones?

Them: They have apps and they are popular so they are toys!

Me: So satisfied customers and a populated app store makes it a toy?

Them: Uhhh...You are a brainwashed Apple slave!

Me:
    LOL!

But I think that people who don't like iPhones usually have had some experience with the iPhone, and can state valid reasons (battery life, keyboard, blinky light, email) why they prefer their Blackberry.

Far more (not ALL) iPhone users hate Blackberry's for no real reason at all (other than apps and popularity).

that was my point
    02-07-12 09:29 AM
    LOL!

But I think that people who don't like iPhones usually have had some experience with the iPhone, and can state valid reasons (battery life, keyboard, blinky light, email) why they prefer their Blackberry.

Far more (not ALL) iPhone users hate Blackberry's for no real reason at all (other than apps and popularity).

that was my point
    Really? I find the opposite quite a bit.
    02-07-12 11:40 AM
    It's so nice of you to quote something i never said. I like that. Maybe i "Should quote this" give me a break.
    In a thread entitled "How blind is the media?", you claimed it was "Canadian hate," so what exactly didn't you say?
    02-07-12 11:53 AM
    It could also be that the aliens from "Independence Day" have actually landed, and have infiltrated Crackberry in the first step towards world domination. I think we both have the same amount of evidence. So do you want to call Jeff Goldblum, or should I?
    I'm in line with this statement more then any other lol.
    02-07-12 09:48 PM
    You and me both. I used to hate Apple and never even tried any of their products other than my Nano. The ex got an iPhone and I loved it and now I have mine.

What people fail to realize is that RIM brought this on themselves. Everyone wants to blame Fox or blame this newspaper or that magazine. RIM sat around doing nothing while Apple and Android sped by them and now they're in a frantic race to catch up. No wonder the media is having fun poking at them. I do hope BB10 can bring them back closer to the front but we'll see. When you haven't done anything positive, the media can't report on anything positive.
    02-08-12 09:41 AM
    People hate on Apple and make fun of RIM. That's my experience.
    02-08-12 03:19 PM
    almost every person that slanders my phone has never had a Blackberry before.

one guy told me didnt know Blackberry's had apps AT ALL. He thought people tweeted from text messages.

there are also a lot people (including myself) who "upgraded" to the iPhone and came running back, or at least have used an iPod touch or iPad.

there are tons of people who have never used anything made by Blackberry.
    02-09-12 11:47 AM
    almost every person that slanders my phone has never had a Blackberry before.

one guy told me didnt know Blackberry's had apps AT ALL. He thought people tweeted from text messages.

there are tons of people who have never used anything made by Blackberry.
    You nailed it! And this is what lies at the root of the issue. It is the fundamental challenge that RIM faces today. WHY don't folk know more about BB phones/devices.

And "Tools not toys", "Amateur hour is is over" "Leaping frogging the competition",(while that same competition is not saying a word about you, but steadily eating your lunch none-the-less) comments are doing nothing to address the phenomena. They're more like picking a fight for the sake picking one. I don't understand how that's supposed to work.

Once the the WHY is addressed, real progress can be made.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-09-12 at 12:25 PM.
    02-09-12 12:17 PM
    You nailed it! And this is what lies at the root of the issue. It is the fundamental challenge that RIM faces today. WHY don't folk know more about BB phones/devices.

And "Tools not toys", "Amateur hour is is over" "Leaping frogging the competition",(while that same competition is not saying a word about you, but steadily eating your lunch none-the-less) comments are doing nothing to address the phenomena. They're more like picking a fight for the sake picking one. I don't understand how that's supposed to work.

Once the the WHY is addressed, real progress can be made.
    thats why I really wish the current commercials would show more of the PHONE.

they need to highlight the features/advantages of Blackberry (improved browser, long battery life, AWESOME keyboard + trackpad + touch combo, compressed data, etc.)

to someone (or most people) who've never used a Blackberry, the current commercials make it seem like the new Bold is just the same as their older ones, even though its a HUGE upgrade.
    02-09-12 01:56 PM
    they need to highlight the features/advantages of Blackberry (improved browser, long battery life, AWESOME keyboard + trackpad + touch combo, compressed data, etc.)

I doubt if security and keyboards will do it for BB to convince people to come back. People want apps. BB doesn't have the app library iOS and Android do.
    02-09-12 04:15 PM
    This is definitely one great thread and covers and encapsulates a lot of groud for what is up with RIM and where it needs to get to. There is also some true comedy gold in this thread. Keep up the great work.
    02-09-12 04:45 PM
    I doubt if security and keyboards will do it for BB to convince people to come back. People want apps. BB doesn't have the app library iOS and Android do.
    But it does have a lot of great apps that it can show that a lot of people may not realize. It doesn't have to be a numbers game. Do most iPhone users use every app available to them? No, they use the ones they need. Show those, along with using your phone well into the night (great battery life), great keyboard or touch screen or both (variety), and maybe even link to the Playbook. They don't have to match the competition in numbers, just show the great things Blackberry can do.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    02-09-12 05:00 PM
    But it does have a lot of great apps that it can show that a lot of people may not realize. It doesn't have to be a numbers game. Do most iPhone users use every app available to them? No, they use the ones they need. Show those, along with using your phone well into the night (great battery life), great keyboard or touch screen or both (variety), and maybe even link to the Playbook. They don't have to match the competition in numbers, just show the great things Blackberry can do.
    Completely agree.
    02-09-12 05:06 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD