Them: BlackBerry sucks...they're old tech...

Me: then why are you in this forum

Them: Because it's my job

Me: you can't find anything positive or constructive to say about BlackBerrys?

Them: It's my job to make BB look bad in this forum

Me: BlackBerry phones are great tools not toys, it's about action, not distraction baby

Them: I know, but I have a job to do, I need to put moldy bread on the table

Me:
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-06-12 at 05:14 PM.
    02-06-12 05:12 PM
    Everyone is aware of what the bb can do. Consumers are also aware of what the blackberry can't do, especially against devices that's in the same price range.
    Call me one of those consumers that are not aware. What can't a blackberry do that other devices in the same price range can?

I know other phones can get malware, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    02-06-12 05:15 PM
    I agree that there are way too many threads being started about someone saying something negative about Blackberry. I also find it sad that certain Crackberry members comb these forums looking for opportunities to knock both the brand and it's users no matter the reason for their recent problems. Both sides are wrong. Both sides need to provide something positive to the forums.
    02-06-12 05:24 PM
    . No longer found in the general population
    Ahh... Kinda like when modern man first stood upright, but the were still some other hominids trying to hang on? Gotcha!! The cycle continues...
    02-06-12 05:28 PM
    Call me one of those consumers that are not aware. What can't a blackberry do that other devices in the same price range can?

I know other phones can get malware, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.
    Qfolio, hbo go, mint, LinkedIn(which is horrible on bb) Barnes and noble app (can't load it on my 9810) various religion texts (that I also can't find for my 9810, not including the bible) no email truncation. Google +, I also find the iTunes U app pretty cool.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 07:08 PM
    Its Canadian hate. Some people out there just dont like to see a successful Canadian company. Its true. Even my American friends and family will give me the business sometimes. Saying stuff like "eh" and "aboot". Its the same reason why the world hates Canadian oil and seal hunts. Now not everyone is like that. But just like everything else in the world the minority speaks for the majority. You know, squeaky wheel gets the grease thing. Its a shame. I think the Playbook and my 9810 are great.
    02-06-12 07:24 PM

How about screenshots and hooking to a DLP in s conference room. Is there a Logmein app for BB? Cinemax Go? Screen mirroring?
    02-06-12 07:25 PM
    Certainly a bit negative, but what is blind about it? The holster is the issue, but blind?

It gets tiring that every site the posts anything remotely negative about RIM of BB's is suddenly demonized, has no credibility, etc.
    02-06-12 08:13 PM
    Its Canadian hate. Some people out there just dont like to see a successful Canadian company. Its true. Even my American friends and family will give me the business sometimes. Saying stuff like "eh" and "aboot". Its the same reason why the world hates Canadian oil and seal hunts. Now not everyone is like that. But just like everything else in the world the minority speaks for the majority. You know, squeaky wheel gets the grease thing. Its a shame. I think the Playbook and my 9810 are great.
    This + a billion. Everyone hates Canada. This is why rim is experiencing problems. The only reason. You nailed it. Great insight. Hopefully rim can recognize this before it's too late. Maybe someone should call them and give them a heads up.
    02-06-12 08:31 PM
    This + a billion. Everyone hates Canada. This is why rim is experiencing problems. The only reason. You nailed it. Great insight. Hopefully rim can recognize this before it's too late. Maybe someone should call them and give them a heads up.
    Maybe you should walk a mile in my shoes before you pop off like that. Second of all i never once said it was the reason for rims problems. I was offering up my point of view for some of the media attack.

Grow up next time you decide to act like a jackass.
    02-06-12 09:54 PM
    I've never met anyone who hated Canada, sure we rip on Canada, but that's like when you rip on your younger brother, we do it with love. I think people here in the USA would rather support a Canadian comany over and Asian or European one.
    02-06-12 10:35 PM
    Maybe you should walk a mile in my shoes before you pop off like that. Second of all i never once said it was the reason for rims problems. I was offering up my point of view for some of the media attack.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I don't need to visit Afghanistan to know it's an awful vacation spot, and I don't need to "walk a mile in your shoes" to know that your "the media hates Canada" is one of the most ridiculous excuses I've ever read.
    02-06-12 10:39 PM

You mad bro?
    02-06-12 10:45 PM
    The world hates Canada? No, we just dislike Ben Johnson and Justin Bieber. We are cool with the rest.
    02-06-12 10:55 PM
    again, does it matter what people write or complain about?

having a blackberry is about choice, which is what i prefer to have, in my country any smartphone is expensive, in the past (7 years) a blackberry was something for a business person, now everyone has it

doesn't bother me, no matter how many articles, ceo changes, forum threads (complaints about them)
    i'll use one as long as i have the service, because it's my choice

if you are worried about articles about rim and their products, then maybe you should change phones, because it would appear that the "system" is getting to you
    02-06-12 10:57 PM
    again, does it matter what people write or complain about?

having a blackberry is about choice, which is what i prefer to have, in my country any smartphone is expensive, in the past (7 years) a blackberry was something for a business person, now everyone has it

doesn't bother me, no matter how many articles, ceo changes, forum threads (complaints about them)
    i'll use one as long as i have the service, because it's my choice

if you are worried about articles about rim and their products, then maybe you should change phones, because it would appear that the "system" is getting to you
    Well said...
    shemaree09 likes this.
    02-06-12 11:01 PM
    You mad bro?
    No. I just don't care for attention grabbing trolls like you.
    02-06-12 11:11 PM
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I don't need to visit Afghanistan to know it's an awful vacation spot, and I don't need to "walk a mile in your shoes" to know that your "the media hates Canada" is one of the most ridiculous excuses I've ever read.
    It's so nice of you to quote something i never said. I like that. Maybe i "Should quote this" give me a break.

By the way. I served in Afghanistan. I would back up your claim on that QUOTE "Vacation spot".
    02-06-12 11:15 PM
    No. I just don't care for attention grabbing trolls like you.
    I see. Since I don't agree with you, and also used hyperbole to make a point, I'm a troll. I guess that makes you a troll too.
    02-06-12 11:23 PM

no flash
    No 1080p recording
    No FFC
    Tons of apps aren't on BB
    Native ActiveSync support

Integration with services and ecosystems

Google has theirs
    Apple has iCloud
    WP7 has Zune and Windows Live

There's a lot more but I'm lazy. Blackberries are starting to look like feature phones to a lot of consumers.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    02-07-12 12:16 AM
    well now back to the original topic! i lost a key on my 9930. i use the oem holster everyday all day! i have sprint and have the 7 dollar insurance on my phone and they replaced it next day. my q button fell off! i do agree with n8str though we do need some sort of bb store where we can rent movies and buy songs it is something the other companies do and it would only help. i am a bb fan boy and love my 9930 and playbook! BB 10 is coming and it will be big so just hold on fellow troops!
    02-07-12 01:26 AM
    I think the naysayers secretly love RIM and Blackberries but dont want to admit it or show it because the crowd follows apple and android. Its funny because not many people can explain why they dont like blackberry, besides the lack of apps nor can they explain why they prefer apple or android. *shrugs* RIM will shape up!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    The world is full of followers. You make good points.
    I find it interesting how the media currently gives wp7 more of a chance than BBos at the same time BBos sells far more devices. +BB10 is upon of in the form of PB2.0
    02-07-12 02:19 AM
    well now back to the original topic! i lost a key on my 9930. i use the oem holster everyday all day! i have sprint and have the 7 dollar insurance on my phone and they replaced it next day. my q button fell off! i do agree with n8str though we do need some sort of bb store where we can rent movies and buy songs it is something the other companies do and it would only help. i am a bb fan boy and love my 9930 and playbook! BB 10 is coming and it will be big so just hold on fellow troops!

There is a blackberry music store. The app is called Music Store.

A BB movie renting service is 'right around the corner'
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-07-12 at 08:35 AM.
    02-07-12 04:17 AM
    crackberry is open all day long on my laptop as i go through my days at work, and i read many of the threads on here. I have found that there is always the same type of bashing going on, whether from the news or from jack and jane(random names of ppl on here). i have concluded that it could very well be that apple.inc pays various sources/ppl (obviously through the back door) to purposefully bash RIMM. A lot of the bashing doesn't make any sense or even add up as truth. argh.. i could go on an on but ive gone off on a tangent..
    I totally agree.
    02-07-12 06:04 AM
    People hate Canada? I honestly never heard of that one I always forget Canada is even up there.

Secondly, BlackBerry phones are just glorified feature phones. I said it before and I stand by it. They're not smart phones. Good keyboard, LED and nice compact size though.

Thirdly, I love how people call other people followers. Like they're any different or they're leaders. News flash: you're all the same. No one here is a leader or special because they don't follow trends.

If you were really so different you'd be living alone in a cave meditating and eating berries, not texting on one.
    02-07-12 06:34 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD