Well there's been some confusion and different programs and people asking how to take photos of their berries so much, that I have decided to make up this tutorial..... Follow along as we capture your berries screen.

First I use this program with never a problem....

oppitronic.[net|de]

Here are the requriements:

Requirements:
    It relies on the original Javaloader.exe from RIM.
    (JavaLoader.exe is available on the Blackberry homepage in the developers section as part of the JDE components 4.x)
    Get it here
    A Blackberry OS version of v4.0.2 or higher is required.
    The Blackberry Desktop Manager or Device Manager has to be installed on the PC.
    The Blackberry needs to be connected via USB.
    If you have content protection enabled, screenshots of a locked screen will not work.
    The multimedia area (cam, videos) of devices since the PEARL cannot be captured.

Ok now I will show you some screen shots and how to use this program....
    First plug in your berry via usb.. (hope you dont need a pic for this)

Now open the Screenshooter program.... (if you just downloaded the Javaloader, it will first ask you to verify the location of the javaloader.exe file first....so now point it in the right direction)
    Opening screen should look like this.............

Then just click on the [ ... ] button to choose the location you would like your files saved...

Pick the folder......

Then hit the [Take Screenshot] button....

Then....find somewhere to host it (photobucket) and post it (Crackberry)

here are some more general tips and guidlines...

Usage:
    Use the [...] button next to the "Folder:" drop down menu to select where your screenshots will be stored.
    A history list of up to 16 folders is kept.

Type a name for your screenshot(s) in the field named "Filename:"
    If you select "enable auto-numbering", each screenshot will be consecutively numbered with numbers in square brackets.

Select a file format from the ".bmp | .jpg | .png" drop down menu next to the filename field.
    Select a value from the "xyz%" drop down menu to resize the screenshot to the chosen percentage of the original.

Select the thickness of the frame around your screenshot with the "Frame:" drop down menu. Use "0" for no border.
    Click on the color field to select or define custom frame colors.
    Drag the slider to control the frame shading effect.
    [CTRL] + left-click sets the frame effect slider to neutral position
    Click the [up/down arrow] button to toggle the effect direction.

Click the [take screenshot] button to make a screenshot of your Blackberry display.
    Enter your Blackberry password or connect the device upon request.
    Leave the "password" field empty if you don't have a password set on your device.

The screenshot will be automatically stored on the disk and in the clipboard in the requested size and format.
    You can use "paste" or "CTRL-V" in most applications to insert the screenshot.

A double-click on the screenshot picture will copy it again to the clipboard.

Click [!] to check for online updates so you never miss the latest version.

The pin symbol button toggles the programs stay-on-top feature.
    The speaker symbol button switches sound effects on or off.

The square-arrow-line symbol button puts the program icon into the notification area of the system tray and enables the hotkey feature. Right-click on the tray icon to customize your hotkey assignment. Double-click on the tray icon to restore the application window.

I guess you have figured out the [?] button already :-)

Click the [toggle viewer] button to open or close the screenshot viewer window.

Within the viewer window you can right-click on a picture to get a menu with more options. (add/remove frames, delete files)
    Double-click on a picture to copy it to the clipboard.
    [CTRL] + double-click adds a frame to a picture below the mouse pointer.
    [SHIFT] + double-click removes the frame again.
    [DEL] + double-click deletes a pictures below the mouse pointer.
    Use the option fields at the bottom of the viewer window to sort the picture list by name, number or creation date.
    The [up/down arrow button] changes the sorting order. The [rounded double arrow] button refreshes the display list.
    (Due to program limitations approximately only 128 pictures can be shown - the rest is hidden. Use more folders with fewer files instead)
    07-25-08 02:08 PM
    Nice tutorial, although I believe the Rove Mobile Viewer is a tad easier. But GJ nonetheless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 02:35 PM
    Great ppst. I actually posted today on how to do this. I thought it would be possible just on the berry as opposed to PC but I guess not.

07-25-08 03:15 PM
    Nice tutorial, although I believe the Rove Mobile Viewer is a tad easier. But GJ nonetheless.

good job but i agree with crucial Rove is hella easier just plug in and push one button the camera icon and doneRove Mobile - Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry
    07-25-08 03:18 PM
    Good post Irock!
    07-25-08 03:25 PM
    Thank you all..... I will try rove as well! Just wanted to poist this out there for those that are using this program
    07-25-08 03:28 PM
    Try this too.

Download and install JL_Cmder from here JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility and forget about it. We only need Javaloader.exe that is included in the install kit.

Save the blue code below into a text file (right-mouse-click, select New, Text Document) called pic.bat (the .bat part is important)

cd c:\progra~1\jl_cmder
    javaloader -u screenshot bb.bmp
    pause
    c:\windows\system32\mspaint c:\progra~1\jl_cmder\bb.bmp
    pause

Plug the phone into the PC. Do not run Desktop Manger.

Double click pic.bat and after a short wait MS-Paint will open with your screenshot. Save As this file wherever you wish. Do this as many times as you wish but you must Save As each file seperately.

This is the fastest way that I have found to take a screenshot.

Sign up on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and you are all set.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-25-08 at 03:36 PM.
    07-25-08 03:32 PM
    Thank you all..... I will try rove as well! Just wanted to poist this out there for those that are using this program
    I PMed you.

Sorry it took so long.
    07-25-08 04:52 PM
    Here is an even faster way.

Download and install JL_Cmder from here JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility and forget about it. We only need Javaloader.exe that is included in the install kit.

Download and unzip the attached file pic.zip .

Connect your phone.

Double click pic.exe and it's done.
    07-25-08 05:35 PM
    I cannot locate the javaloader.exe file on my computer.
    Can someone point me in the right direction?
    07-25-08 06:21 PM
    Should be
    C:\program files\JL_CMDER

Oh and quick tip, when you are in that folder, double click the file ending
    with .cmd. You can also copy it to your desktop for easier
    access
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-25-08 at 06:40 PM.
    07-25-08 06:38 PM
    Despite all I've done (not that it makes any sense whatsoever)
    I do not have that file.

So I clicked on Petes link in his last post.
    And it will not install.

It asks if I want it installed, I click yes.
    The there is a flash of window with a black screen.
    And that's it.
    Nothing else.
    07-25-08 06:59 PM
    Ok, so scratch that.
    I got that to work fine.
    The BBScreenshooter is up.
    But there is yet another new and interesting problem.
    Everytime I try to take a screenshot is says that the device isn't plugged into the USB port
    or that desktop manager not installed.
    I have desktop manager.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by Miss.Horrible; 07-25-08 at 07:48 PM.
    07-25-08 07:46 PM
    Just get Rove. Rove Mobile - Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry

So simple, even a caveman (like me) can do it.
    07-25-08 07:49 PM
    nice post!
    07-25-08 08:25 PM
    Ok, so scratch that.
    I got that to work fine.
    The BBScreenshooter is up.
    But there is yet another new and interesting problem.
    Everytime I try to take a screenshot is says that the device isn't plugged into the USB port
    or that desktop manager not installed.
    I have desktop manager.

Suggestions?
    Is your screen on? I got the same thing but my screen was off. When I pressed a button to wake it up it worked

07-25-08 09:21 PM

I tried that, and have a similar problem.
    It says something along the same lines of the "blackberry device is not connected"
    Something like that.

Is your screen on? I got the same thing but my screen was off. When I pressed a button to wake it up it worked

Yes, my screen is on.

It seems like in the general sense my device isn't being detected for some reason.
    07-25-08 11:45 PM
    Wow.
    So the solution:
    I plugged it into a different USB port on the computer.
    This was using BBScreenshooter.

Odd.
    07-26-08 12:04 AM
    Rove Mobile Viewer is by far the easiest way of obtaining BB screenshots that I have found!
    07-26-08 03:22 AM
    Rove is a very good product but PIC.EXE is, I believe the easiest to use because that is all it does - take pictures of BlackBerry screens. It is just the 2 clicks to launch the program. The next thing that happens is a picture. No menus, no options.

Click, Click, picture.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-26-08 at 10:21 AM.
    07-26-08 10:03 AM
    With BBScreenshooter sometimes it will tell me that there is no BB plugged in,
    or that Desktop Manager isn't installed.

I have Desktop Manager.
    And I know nothing is wrong with my USB ports because the Autoplay still pops up when I plug it in.

This only happens sometimes. Maybe 2 out of 5 times.

Anyone know a cause/solution to this?
    07-29-08 10:49 PM

Works for me.

irockstar661 - Nice job.
    07-29-08 11:02 PM
    Bump.

Anyone know the answer to my mystery problem?
    Fickle BBScreenshooter...?
    07-30-08 06:35 PM
    I am having a heck of a time getting the bat file to work, Pete. I downloaded JR Commander, but it isn't installing in a place the bat file can find it. When it installs, it obviously isn't right because the icon isn't even showing up on my desktop. When I try to start the folder icon that is put on my desktop instead of the real icon, my computer can't find the path to where it is installed. I had this trouble when I upgraded my OS, I don't even remember how I got JR commander to work then, lol, I just kept fiddling with it and it started. But how do I get it to install properly so the bat file can find java loader?
    07-30-08 09:38 PM
    Nice Post - now if I can just find that color copier with zoom and print to email function...
    07-31-08 12:36 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD