Let there be peace...between Apple and Blackberry users...each to their own.

Enough said.
    02-01-10 11:21 AM
    I'll go check the Moderator rules and see if they say I MUST moronically slam
    any and every non BB device and get back to you.

Somehow I'm thinking that rule won't exist.
    look at the conflict that Apple is causing. So lets just not buy Apple and get along.
    02-01-10 11:21 AM

Enough said.
    LOL. nice picture.
    02-01-10 11:22 AM

hahahahahahahahahaha

Enough said.
    Lunch Time , Im hungry now

PS:Personally I dont care what kind of phone anyone else uses it does not affect me , it's their money they can spend it on/how ever they wish
    Last edited by DavidNC; 02-01-10 at 11:39 AM. Reason: PS added
    02-01-10 11:33 AM
    I love my new Blackberry, but I've just made the switch from an original iPhone to a Blackberry Bold 9000 and there are a few things I miss.

The Blackberry is EXTREMELY un-Apple-friendly. I mean, to the point where it seems detrimental to be an Apple user owning a Blackberry. Whereas, Windows users never had a problem with syncing their iPhones to their computers.

So far, I have had a ton of problems trying to update my Blackberry's OS and even just installing the Desktop Manager, which I had to upgrade my entire Mac Operatin System in order to do.

On the flipside, I love the physical keyboard and amount of personalization/customization that is possible with a Blackberry. E-mailing, texting and typing are a breeze on a BB. However, if Apple ever manufactured an iPhone with a physical keyboard, I can't say I wouldn't switch back in a heartbeat. Just my two cents.
    02-01-10 12:34 PM

You do a fine job as a moderator. I see you in most of the threads, so it shows that you care about you job. I didn't mean to sound like a ***. I had a little to drink last night and got a little passionate about the topic.
    02-01-10 01:08 PM
    I love my new Blackberry, but I've just made the switch from an original iPhone to a Blackberry Bold 9000 and there are a few things I miss.

The Blackberry is EXTREMELY un-Apple-friendly. I mean, to the point where it seems detrimental to be an Apple user owning a Blackberry. Whereas, Windows users never had a problem with syncing their iPhones to their computers.

So far, I have had a ton of problems trying to update my Blackberry's OS and even just installing the Desktop Manager, which I had to upgrade my entire Mac Operatin System in order to do.

On the flipside, I love the physical keyboard and amount of personalization/customization that is possible with a Blackberry. E-mailing, texting and typing are a breeze on a BB. However, if Apple ever manufactured an iPhone with a physical keyboard, I can't say I wouldn't switch back in a heartbeat. Just my two cents.

You should send an email to Blackberry support detailing the problems. They are really good at getting back to you quickly.
    02-01-10 01:10 PM
    The answer is simple.... it isn't.
    02-01-10 03:48 PM
    Lets talk about all the ways that Blackberry is better then Iphone, and the future Ipad aka maxipad. I am getting sick of all the Apple fan-boys drooling over there (Non-multitasking, non open source and over priced) phone. So let me start the list.

Multitasking

removable memory

removable battery

The best productive apps

This is just a few.
    Multitasking - Laggy OS and Battery pulls

removable memory - With 16GB or 32GB who needs removable memory? While you can't save apps to memory... low app memory period

removable battery - yeah you need those because of the battery pulls

The best productive apps - crap world with overpriced, underperforming apps

Maybe you should try a Blackberry - Windows mobile comparison. RIM may match up better
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-01-10 at 04:07 PM.
    02-01-10 03:50 PM
    For the spelling challenged, iPhone is easier to spell than BlackBerry! Other than that, I'm getting quite tired of these comparison threads, but I guess they'll never end.
    02-01-10 03:54 PM
    The BB is no better, no worse.

I have both. They both have strength and can embarrass the other
    in certain regards.

I STILL do not quite get why BB users need to try to one up the iPhone.
    It really is quite silly.
    Its not just BB users, many smartphones users in general try to one-up the competing devices. They seem to have a complex about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 07:05 PM
    free bluetooth file transfers
    02-01-10 08:10 PM
    OP sounds rather insecure. Iphone has its strengths, and so does BlackBerry. Apples and oranges.

rofl. More like Apples and Blackberries, considering they are both fruit. xD

Ah, puns.
    02-01-10 08:40 PM
    One of our consultants was working here today and has been doing the usual "Hey, look what my iPhone can do..." in everyone's faces. Around noon, he changed his tune to "Hey, does anyone have an iPhone charging cable..."

My boss and I grinned and I said "Reason #237 on why we aren't issuing iPhones." He nodded his head in agreement.
    02-01-10 09:01 PM
    Its not just BB users, many smartphones users in general try to one-up the competing devices. They seem to have a complex about it.

The best, though, are the cheerleaders who are either blind to--or just simply refuse to see--the deficiencies in the phone they own, be it a Blackberry, iPhone, or whatever. "User error" is a common canard of these rah-rah types.
    02-01-10 09:08 PM
    The BB is no better, no worse.

I have both. They both have strength and can embarrass the other
    in certain regards.

I STILL do not quite get why BB users need to try to one up the iPhone.
    It really is quite silly.
    Yep.

In all respects the Nokia 900 is better than either phone in fact. To me anyhow. Not only can it run Linux but someone just got it running the Mac OS. That is something BB's and the iPhone cannot do.
    02-01-10 09:34 PM
    Nice RIM job, Philbert.

I don't know anyone who owns an iPhone but three of the four people I know with BlackBerries said they won't buy another one.

02-01-10 09:46 PM
    Apples vs. Oranges
    I heard of apples and blackberries but what's an orange ,,,,,, maybe a Nokia lol,, (couldn't resist adding that comment since you used the term "oranges")
    Last edited by DavidNC; 02-02-10 at 04:44 AM.
    02-02-10 04:42 AM
    And look..... You had to jailbrake your itouch so apple didn't control your user experience. Its nice not having to jailbrake a Blackberry or my Zune.
    Uh, ok? And why? I'm perfectly fine with jailbreaking it and so are many other people. Why is it nice not having to JB it? Jailbreaking it is an option so you can use your device to its full potential. You don't "have" to jb your BB or Zune because you can't. Look at the PSP, I wouldn't use one unless it was hacked. Same for an iPhone or iTouch. People do those things because they can and want to. If you can JB your BB or Zune to do something then I'm sure you would.
    02-02-10 08:52 AM
    Here are a few reasons why I decided on the 9700 instead of the iPhone.

- Better battery life
    - Physical keyboard
    - Able to use as a mass storage device (drag and drop compatible)
    - Can tether to my laptop easily
    - Customizable themes
    - Expandable memory
    02-02-10 09:36 AM
    Uh, ok? And why? I'm perfectly fine with jailbreaking it and so are many other people. Why is it nice not having to JB it? Jailbreaking it is an option so you can use your device to its full potential. You don't "have" to jb your BB or Zune because you can't. Look at the PSP, I wouldn't use one unless it was hacked. Same for an iPhone or iTouch. People do those things because they can and want to. If you can JB your BB or Zune to do something then I'm sure you would.
    The point is that it shouldn't come that way, but Apple wants to control every aspect of your user experience.

I want you to tale a look at this web site. DefectiveByDesign.org | The Campaign to Eliminate DRM it speaks the truth about Apple.
    02-02-10 10:58 AM
    The point is that it shouldn't come that way, but Apple wants to control every aspect of your user experience.

I want you to tale a look at this web site. DefectiveByDesign.org | The Campaign to Eliminate DRM it speaks the truth about Apple.
    While I agree that Apple is far too controlling and proprietary with their products, shouldn't these people do the simple thing and just not buy the products like me?

It's as if they're being forced into buying Apple products... Sigh. Of all things to organize a protest against...

02-02-10 02:56 PM
    i think both phones adress the needs of different clienteles
    02-02-10 08:40 PM
    i'm just sayin'
    amen!!!!!!!
    02-02-10 08:51 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD