Lets talk about all the ways that Blackberry is better then Iphone, and the future Ipad aka maxipad. I am getting sick of all the Apple fan-boys drooling over there (Non-multitasking, non open source and over priced) phone. So let me start the list.

Multitasking

removable memory

removable battery

The best productive apps

This is just a few.
    01-31-10 10:08 PM
    available from every service provider

wide variety of models to choose from to suit each user best

email king (or queen for u ladies)

blackberry messenger keeps all bb's connected with great features (the reason i'm stuck with bb!!) lol
    01-31-10 10:14 PM
    Tuncates emails... #1 reason why I have one.

(Thread Closed)
    01-31-10 10:47 PM
    The BB is no better, no worse.

I have both. They both have strength and can embarrass the other
    in certain regards.

I STILL do not quite get why BB users need to try to one up the iPhone.
    It really is quite silly.
    01-31-10 10:48 PM
    I'm both an Apple fan and a RIM fan. Each does their own thing. As far as not having expandable memory on an iPhone, its kind of silly to complain about that because it has a huge drive. It can't multitask but if you don't need to multitask then it wouldn't be a big deal. But I truly believe BlackBerry's kick the iPhone's a** lol. They have amazing keyboards, top notch E-Mail, easy to multi task and they look really sharp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 10:49 PM
    Eeehhh WHO CARES everyone has their own preference to the types of phones they like no phone is better than another because someone is going to like the phone whatever that phone may be and there's going to be people who dislike a phone but who cares a phone is a phone to some people sshheesshh I wish people get off this Iphone vs BlackBerry thing
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-31-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: veiled profanity
    01-31-10 10:54 PM
    Eeehhh WHO CARES everyone has their own preference to the types of phones they like no phone is better than another because someone is going to like the phone whatever that phone may be and there's going to be people who dislike a phone but who cares a phone is a phone to some people sshheesshh I wish people get off this Iphone vs BlackBerry thing
    +1. The whole iphone vs. is getting old.
    Last edited by hondateg91; 01-31-10 at 11:19 PM.
    01-31-10 11:00 PM
    OP sounds rather insecure. Iphone has its strengths, and so does BlackBerry. Apples and oranges.

01-31-10 11:00 PM
    Blackberries hands down is a better device for messaging/communicating and just plain getting things done. The iPhone blows anything RIM offers out of the water in terms of media, browsing and entertainment.

I got love for both. I use an iPod touch along with my Berries...best of both worlds.
    01-31-10 11:05 PM
    Lets talk about all the ways that Blackberry is better then Iphone, and the future Ipad aka maxipad. I am getting sick of all the Apple fan-boys drooling over there (Non-multitasking, non open source and over priced) phone. So let me start the list.

Multitasking

Jailbreak it and multitasking is a non issue

removable memory

32gb iPhone 3GS - why do I need removable memory

removable battery

Not a minus in my opinion. BBs have a removable battery because
    you have to remove it to fix stuff. A LOT
    !!

The best productive apps

All the productivity, in fact almost all the apps period that are on my
    BB are on my iPhone. Truth to tell the iPhone does a better job
    with all 54 of them

This is just a few.
    I'm just sayin'
    01-31-10 11:10 PM
    Battery life is better on bb. With iphone u would be lucky if it last till end of a workday with moderate usage. Don't iphone user wish u have a removable battery now?

01-31-10 11:54 PM
    I think Kevins comparison for the round robin was pretty complete, they are polar opposites. The battery life argument is particularly bad in light of the Bold 9000 and the Storm1/2, they are as bad or worse than the iPhone. The case with a battery is a great idea for any of them! Otherwise I am not going to waste my breath on the rest of this topic.

02-01-10 12:02 AM
    The battery life argument is particularly bad in light of the Bold 9000 and the Storm1/2, they are as bad or worse than the iPhone.
    I'd debate that. Using BBM (5.0.0.57, a well known battery killer) nonstop on my Storm 2, I usually get about 3-3 1/2 hours out of it. If I play a game like Tennis or Tetris or something on my iPod Touch that's not the most memory intensive app, but still pretty heavy, I get an hour and a half to 2 hours out of it. This is also with WiFi turned off on both, and the Storm sending and receiving data constantly, the iPod not, so I can only imagine the iPhones battery lowering a bit quicker from that too.

That's just my opinion from my respective devices, though. Others might obviously have different results due to brightness settings, background apps, which app is being used the most, etc, etc. There's so many varying factors you can't really pin down an exact time unless you just go from the absolute bare minimum use of turning each device on with minimum or maximum display settings, same sleep timers, and just let them go until they do. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 02-01-10 at 12:45 AM.
    02-01-10 12:43 AM
    I'm just sayin'
    WOW. You are the moderator of a Blackberry forums site, right? Why are you standing up for the Iphone. Doesn't the fact that it is not an open source company, and how they like to control your experience an issue to you?

The libertarian in me doesn't like the over controlling nature of Apple. I am sher that they would get along better in China with the anti freedom polices of the government then google. After all they are used to controlling user experience. Its a company that I don't think people should support. My fear is that there business model will be adopted for being successful, and then no more open source, no more digital freedom.
    02-01-10 12:57 AM
    WOW. You are the moderator of a Blackberry forums site, right? Why are you standing up for the Iphone. Doesn't the fact that it is not an open source company, and how they like to control your experience an issue to you?

The libertarian in me doesn't like the over controlling nature of Apple. I am sher that they would get along better in China with the anti freedom polices of the government then google. After all they are used to controlling user experience. Its a company that I don't think people should support. My fear is that there business model will be adopted for being successful, and then no more open source, no more digital freedom.
    blah .. but yet each carrier that carries bb tries to limit you .. she said to jailbreak it .. ahh nevermind..
    02-01-10 12:59 AM
    Exactly right! To me, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. Whereas one is better at messaging, the other is better at multimedia. Can't really compare the two. It just depends on which end of that spectrum you're on. But really, who cares?
    02-01-10 01:44 AM
    iPhone is for teenagers. It's like a toy.

I don't like Apple's market strategy in general. They are so closed.

If Apple replaced today's Microsft, the IT world would have been worse.

iPad will be a total failure. It will sink with Jobs to the bottom.

Apple is only winning in mobile world - iPod and iPhone. It will never be a winner in other places. Macbook....a good product but Apple is limiting its good Mac OS X to its own hardware for ages. Market share of Mac OS X is only 5%.
    02-01-10 05:19 AM
    I hope you're kidding when you say that the iPhone is over-priced. It's so damn affordable, no wonder they've sold so many units.
    02-01-10 06:13 AM
    iPad will be a total failure. It will sink with Jobs to the bottom.
    Are you ready to eat your words if you are wrong?
    02-01-10 08:29 AM

I'm not trying to back up Apple here because I do prefer BB over iPhones but let's see. You're saying because he's a mod on Crackberry, he has no say and he's not allowed to point out flaws in people's arguments? I can see the exact same thing in each of those "points" that you say BB has over iPhones and I totally get amazing's reasoning against each one. Apparently the fact that they're not so open doesn't matter to much people at all since the iPhone is doing incredibly well. I would agree it's just a toy which is why I have my iTouch jailbroken for my needs.

And that China comment was unnecessary. No I'm not Chinese.
    02-01-10 09:06 AM
    Well I switched from the iphone to the 9700 and would not go back. Like others have said media iphone dominates but leaves you feeling like you have any iPOD with a phone. I actually feel like I have a smart phone now with the BB and the battery life is great. I never thought I would use multitasking so much and I love it. Btw I am a apple fanboy.

02-01-10 09:38 AM
    The iPhone sucks big time. I HATE the iPhone. The iPhone is just an iPod on steroids. I could write a whole list of things why the iPhone sucks, but I wouldn't want to make the iToy users feel bad.

02-01-10 10:23 AM
    WOW. You are the moderator of a Blackberry forums site, right? Why are you standing up for the Iphone.
    I'll go check the Moderator rules and see if they say I MUST moronically slam
    any and every non BB device and get back to you.

Somehow I'm thinking that rule won't exist.
    02-01-10 10:33 AM
    In terms of a smartphone? RIM wins by a landslide, one word, multitasking. Yes you can jailbreak but that's not ALWAYS possble and don't think its Apple approved of course they can't stop you.

I have an iPod Touch for fun and games. Most people don't need a smartphone but get a BB cause their bestfriend has one, then want fun and games on-the-go and bash BBs. You don't ever hear no businessmen saying they switched to the iPhone. Or even people who don't need games unless they're at home.

So yes, its the needs of the user.

Last edited by VDK; 02-01-10 at 10:43 AM.
    02-01-10 10:33 AM
    I'm not trying to back up Apple here because I do prefer BB over iPhones but let's see. You're saying because he's a mod on Crackberry, he has no say and he's not allowed to point out flaws in people's arguments? I can see the exact same thing in each of those "points" that you say BB has over iPhones and I totally get amazing's reasoning against each one. Apparently the fact that they're not so open doesn't matter to much people at all since the iPhone is doing incredibly well. I would agree it's just a toy which is why I have my iTouch jailbroken for my needs.

And that China comment was unnecessary. No I'm not Chinese.
    The China remark was about the system of goverment not the people.

And look..... You had to jailbrake your itouch so apple didn't control your user experience. Its nice not having to jailbrake a Blackberry or my Zune.
    02-01-10 10:53 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD