I know some of you out there have the fortune of getting to test pre-released Blackberry and other smart phones. I'm looking for some advice on how to get in on that. I'm sure a bit of luck and some good connections don't hurt. I've tried talking to the local Verizon stores about it but get blank stares or "never heard of that". Forgive me if this is a post elsewhere or is a ridiculous question (or quest)....I'm just curious about it and would love to be able to do that to help cure my technology addiction.

Tips? Suggestions?
    Thanks!
    10-23-09 08:13 PM
    LOL!!! I can just see you walking in to a Verizon store and asking "uh hey...how do I get a phone real early??"

It ain't gonna happen, no offense. The people who get them are WAY connected. And usually have something to do with a journalism type relationship. RIM wants people who are going to talk about their device to the public, and talk in a good way about it. There's VERY well known reviewing websites who didn't even get to try the Storm2!

And, no offense, there's a few of us who've been here a little bit longer who have first dibs when that job becomes available
    10-23-09 08:16 PM
    haha. Not exactly how I approached it at the store....I was born at night, but not last night.

Kinda figured it was dependent on your connections or your ability to reach a lot of customers thru media.....but thought I'd ask.
    10-23-09 08:59 PM
    Yeah, lots of people want to know the same answer, trust me. Its nothing thats easy or can be done by the average user. Its all about knowing people, and the correct, important ones.
    10-23-09 09:01 PM
    I was just sort of joshin' ya.

I guess my "tip" would be. Start an electronics review blog and go to town on it mon frere!
    10-23-09 09:04 PM
    Yea, but there are soo many blogs, that its becoming a rough market. So many people competing to try to do the same thing.
    10-23-09 09:07 PM
    You're absolutely right Sir, it wouldn't work at all lol

It'd be like saying "I'm gonna start my own Blackberry online forums community and it's gonna be HUGE!"

I'm reminded of the South Park episode...."Simpsons did it"
    10-23-09 09:11 PM
    Instead of starting a "electronics review blog", try going to college or university for electronics. Once you have education and some experience in that field, then it may be possible. The ones that know nothing about electronics and that are trying out new technologie are the ones that are well connected but I would guess that RIM doesn't give 2 ****s about.
    10-23-09 09:18 PM
    I've got more student loans than I can shake a stick at the way it is haha! I think I'll just have to learn to be OK with not having all the goodies I'd like to...until I hit the Powerball lottery that is
    10-23-09 11:59 PM
    man to be a phone tester would be cool
    10-24-09 01:02 AM
    man to be a phone tester would be cool
    Eloquently stated!
    10-24-09 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD