can i backup phone messages and restore them back after a new software ?

or can i save them on my computer ???

anyway??
    04-10-11 05:46 PM
    Back up using desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 06:09 PM
    Back up using desktop manager

my friend told me hat everything can be backuped with desktop manager except the phone text messages!!

can i move them to the computer in case i lost them?
    04-11-11 05:35 AM
    The question was answered correctly in post #2. Your friend is wrong.
    04-11-11 05:50 AM
    The question was answered correctly in post #2. Your friend is wrong.
    what about my second question, how could i move the messages to the computer ?
    04-11-11 05:52 AM
    anybody here ??
    04-11-11 06:18 PM
    andy_mk3 and Motorcycle Mama gave you the answer already. Backup using the Desktop Manager which is on the computer.

I've wiped my phone and when I restored, even my text messages were restored.

If you really don't want to follow the above suggestions, you can try searching the forum or on Google if there are any other options.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 04-11-11 at 07:06 PM.
    dare4more likes this.
    04-11-11 06:58 PM
    dare4more constantly has a listening problem. He doesn't listen to the answers that are readily provided to his questions.
    04-11-11 08:31 PM
    dare4more constantly has a listening problem. He doesn't listen to the answers that are readily provided to his questions.
    and u have an understanding problem, forget about my backup problem , i asked for a program which alows me to move and read messages on my computer , through the backup u cant read or view messages understood now?

thanks for evil.bunny who talked about third party applications without providing any one
    04-12-11 05:14 AM
    The Backup stores all the phone data in an ipd file. You cannot open thise files on a PC but if you download MagicBerry (free software) from here MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com you will be able to open up the ipd file and extract the Messages you want.

I think that MagicBerry only extracts SMS messages so if by messages you meant email messages as well then you will need to pay for http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html ipd file converter $19.95. However over the last few months, ABC Berry has lost its link to pay for and therefore receive the activation code for the program. I do not know what is happening on that site. Good news, the demo version allows for 15 extractions to an external file so if you have patience you can slowly work dowm your emails 15 at a time. Tedious but free.

I just checked www.processtext.com and the link is dead. I'll leave the link in here just it case it ever wakes up again. Sorry.
    dare4more likes this.
    04-12-11 05:33 AM
    The Backup stores all the phone data in an ipd file. You cannot open thise files on a PC but if you download MagicBerry (free software) from here MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com you will be able to open up the ipd file and extract the Messages you want.

I think that MagicBerry only extracts SMS messages so if by messages you meant email messages as well then you will need to pay for http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html ipd file converter $19.95. However over the last few months, ABC Berry has lost its link to pay for and therefore receive the activation code for the program. I do not know what is happening on that site. Good news, the demo version allows for 15 extractions to an external file so if you have patience you can slowly work dowm your emails 15 at a time. Tedious but free.

I just checked www.processtext.com and the link is dead. I'll leave the link in here just it case it ever wakes up again. Sorry.
    thank u so much Pete6 , this is the reply am waiting for
    04-12-11 05:41 AM
    and u have an understanding problem, forget about my backup problem , i asked for a program which alows me to move and read messages on my computer , through the backup u cant read or view messages understood now?

thanks for evil.bunny who talked about third party applications without providing any one
    You NEVER said ANYTHING about READING the messages on your computer. You said that you wanted to "backup" the message and "move" them to the computer. And then "restore" them to the device.

BIG difference when you add wanting to READ them on the computer. You should have said that from the very beginning.
    04-12-11 08:35 AM
    You NEVER said ANYTHING about READING the messages on your computer. You said that you wanted to "backup" the message and "move" them to the computer. And then "restore" them to the device.

BIG difference when you add wanting to READ them on the computer. You should have said that from the very beginning.
    I was just going to write that. There was no explaination, just lots of attitude. I don't like jumping in but that was uncalled for, and probably will make it difficult to get any info from anyone anymore...

Here's a great book for you
    Amazon.com: How to Win Friends & Influence People (9780671723651): Dale Carnegie: Books
    04-12-11 11:10 AM
    can i backup phone messages and restore them back after a new software ?

or can i save them on my computer ???

anyway??
    Say what you mean/mean what you say. This is not what you mean.

04-12-11 05:15 PM
    guys i said several times that i want to move the messages to the computer , or to backup them
    anyway maybe i didnot explain too much about my problem so u didnot got me, but in all cases thx for u all cz my problem is fixed.
    04-12-11 05:49 PM
    guys i said several times that i want to move the messages to the computer , or to backup them
    anyway maybe i didnot explain too much about my problem so u didnot got me, but in all cases thx for u all cz my problem is fixed.
    Your problem isn't fixed cause you still miss the point. The point even here in this quote you state something very different from what you actually mean. You don't want to know how to backup your messages to your computer. That was explained to you. What you want is to transfer or copy your messages to your computer and beable to read em.
    Just about all if not all backup software write an unusable format. For 3 reasons, for security reasons, they compress to save space, and keep from overwrites. You asked to backup then put back after new software. Where in that do you cypher you want to read them on the computer?
    Last edited by 13echo4; 04-12-11 at 07:13 PM.
    04-12-11 06:33 PM
    Whatever.

I'm done with this guy.
    04-12-11 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD