I have backed up my Curve several times but I have yet to be able to have the media card backed up as well. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I need to adjust to have the media card backed up? Any help would be great.
    03-20-12 12:31 PM
    Desktop Manager does not backup any media cards. Just back it up to your PC like any other folder(s) when you connect via USB. If you only have media on the card, ie: photos, music or movies, then DM backup can "sync" all that to your PC, effectively backing it up.
    GlenF likes this.
    03-20-12 02:40 PM
    When connected via USB, just copy and paste all the files to a folder on your PC.
    GlenF likes this.
    03-20-12 06:27 PM
    Desktop Manager does not backup any media cards. Just back it up to your PC like any other folder(s) when you connect via USB. If you only have media on the card, ie: photos, music or movies, then DM backup can "sync" all that to your PC, effectively backing it up.
    If I am understanding you correcly, I have to "sync" the media card?
    03-21-12 10:15 AM
    If you open any current version of Desktop Manager there is a section called Media Sync with Music, Pictures and Videos. Choose any one of those options to let DM do the sync for you.
    GlenF likes this.
    03-21-12 10:27 AM
    You can, but you don't have to. Personally, I don't use the Desktop Manager to sync media. I just use the Windows file explorer and copy and paste from the BB (which both the internal media storage and my added sd card show up as separate removable drives when connected via USB) to a folder on my hard drive.

I use the 4GB sd card as a flash drive and dump all kinds of stuff on it all the time.

If you are using DM's backup feature, there is an option on that backup page to backup the built in media storage. But only the built-in storage - not any installed SD card. What that does is create a .cab file, which is really a .zip file of the entire contents of your media storage in the same place as the phone info backup location.
    Last edited by joeldf; 03-21-12 at 11:08 AM.
    GlenF likes this.
    03-21-12 11:06 AM
    When you connect up, on your PC there should be two additional drives that show up. One will be the main memory on your phone. The other will be your media card. Just open that drive and copy and paste the files.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    GlenF likes this.
    03-21-12 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD