Is there a way to save old calendar events? In other words, I can synch until eternity, but I don't need events more than a couple years back. However I may need to check events more than a couple years back some time. Is there a way to save old events without just having a non-ending calendar?
    07-19-10 09:36 AM
    I have the same question and would really like to know how to achieve this as my database is very large and growing. Thanks in advance for any info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-10 11:13 AM
    Sync will Google Calendar?
    07-19-10 11:21 AM
    I currently sync with Outlook. Are you suggesting another calendar to serve as archive? Not sure how to do that either, if I already sync with Outlook. I also don't want two calendars in my BB. Google could at any time charge too. My preference would be a file that could be opened if needed and stored safely. Help?
    Last edited by pvdiamon; 07-19-10 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added another thought
    07-19-10 04:54 PM
    I'm at about 4000 items in my BB calendar. I'm auto-archiving Outlook every seven days and everything seems to be in the Outlook "Calendar in Archive Folder" folder, but I'm a little hesitant to change the sync setup in Desktop to only copy the past two years (~750 days) to Outlook until I'm comfortable that I'll have my archived Outlook calendar for long-term reference. I think I'm OK, but I'm just hesitant to lose data.
    07-28-10 04:14 PM
    If you move events from your active syncing Outlook calendar, it should remove them from your device. They will solely be on the archived calendar in Outlook.
    07-28-10 09:57 PM
    I did an archive in Outlook and it took all the nonrecurring dates and removed them to the archive folder. BUT, what I can't figure out is where that archive file is. And if I archive again some time, will it overwrite, or create a new file? I need to know which they are to get them copied for safety (off my hard drive).
    08-01-10 08:03 PM
    If you go into the Account Settings and select the Data Files tab, it can see where the Archive data file is.

When you archive (or auto archive) it will add the new events to the data file.

It is usually stored in the same folder as the PST file you normally use.
    08-02-10 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD