Everybody loves to hate iTunes. But ever since I bought my first iPod, I've used it without any problems.

Jumping onto my first iPhone, it was a natural thing to use iTunes and the App Store. No problems.

Jumping onto my iPad, it was a no brainer to use iTunes, App Store, and iPad. And then moved onto the iCloud. And I've used Find my iPhone when I've lost it in the house somewhere.

So...I have been in the Apple ecosystem for several years now. No fuss. Easy. I've got the music I love, the music I want, I've got storage, and it's all integrated.

AND, iTunes works just fine with my BlackBerry and my SGIII.

The Apple ecosystem is an easy way to manage my media. It's effective. So yes, it's more than just apps. And that's why I love it.

An ecosystem is a wonderful thing.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Exactly why being in the Apple ecosystem is hard to part with. And you can also share that media with your Mac and Apple TV. Main reason I get shot down by Apple folks after showing them my Q10. Especially for people with kids that like to control, regulate, and share media on different devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 06:01 AM
    Exactly why being in the Apple ecosystem is hard to part with. And you can also share that media with your Mac and Apple TV. Main reason I get shot down by Apple folks after showing them my Q10. Especially for people with kids that like to control, regulate, and share media on different devices.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that many people as a proportion go down that route - Mac sales are still a fraction of PC sales, and Apple TV hasn't gone anywhere. Those that have are never going to change, and why should they? iTunes and the App Store are more important to most I suspect. It's still the case all these years later that there isn't really an obvious alternative to it. Yes, they're about, but Windows still doesn't have anything so comprehensive or obvious within it, and so iTunes remains the default, no matter how bloated it might be. Inertia plays a big part, just as it does with your bank. If changing is a pain, people don't change unless they are really pushed to.
    06-05-14 06:11 AM
    I'm not sure that many people as a proportion go down that route - Mac sales are still a fraction of PC sales, and Apple TV hasn't gone anywhere. Those that have are never going to change, and why should they? iTunes and the App Store are more important to most I suspect. It's still the case all these years later that there isn't really an obvious alternative to it. Yes, they're about, but Windows still doesn't have anything so comprehensive or obvious within it, and so iTunes remains the default, no matter how bloated it might be. Inertia plays a big part, just as it does with your bank. If changing is a pain, people don't change unless they are really pushed to.
    Last line so true. Unless pushed people don't change

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 01:15 AM
    Last line so true. Unless pushed people don't change

Posted via CB10
    But then people take a dislike to who pushes them and change in a different direction. Nobody will thank you for forcing change on them.
    06-07-14 02:22 AM
    But then people take a dislike to who pushes them and change in a different direction. Nobody will thank you for forcing change on them.
    Exactly. Many were pushed from BBOS to get devices that could do much more via apps and better Web browsers, good all touch experience, spinning clocks, etc. And this is why the BlackBerry brand is viewed negatively in established markets. In low end markets where they grew during this same time, who didn't have anything better until cheap Android, it was ignorance is bliss, but they are moving away now too. And businesses who are sick of waiting for BES12 to materialize so they can support new and old on one platform are leaving too.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-07-14 06:14 AM
    I had one person tell me blackberry is out of business, it's a sad reality that people still think that there is out of business

Z10 'n' gold Q10
    06-07-14 06:26 AM
    I had one person tell me blackberry is out of business, it's a sad reality that people still think that there is out of business

Z10 'n' gold Q10
    Sentiment is key. It's a chicken and egg situation, but they need to have some headlines about Blackberry back in profit, or Blackberry sales rise. Few will pay close attention, but then those thinking they're out of business aren't paying close attention either. Ultimately, they need to generate a few positive headlines.
    06-07-14 12:22 PM
    I've been waiting for a slider phone. Ideally, something like a slider Z30.
    Nobody in my family would consider a move to BlackBerry, because they own iPhones and like
    them. Until they see what they might be missing, they wouldn't have any reason to change ...
    and they won't see until I get my slider. (Which appears to not even be something BlackBerry is
    considering.)
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-09-14 08:04 AM
    I've been waiting for a slider phone. Ideally, something like a slider Z30.
    Nobody in my family would consider a move to BlackBerry, because they own iPhones and like
    them. Until they see what they might be missing, they wouldn't have any reason to change ...
    and they won't see until I get my slider. (Which appears to not even be something BlackBerry is
    considering.)
    I wish someone at BlackBerry would listen to you and let you design a phone.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    Tim Heard likes this.
    06-09-14 11:46 AM
    Me too! :-D

Or, for that matter, just pay attention to all the really nice concept designs that have been done of sliders over the past year or two.

I wish someone at BlackBerry would listen to you and let you design a phone.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-09-14 03:25 PM
    I'm in Middle TN too, Maybe TN is becoming a BB state LOL!
    06-09-14 10:32 PM
    I'm in Middle TN too, Maybe TN is becoming a BB state LOL!
    Well, I have only seen 2 other BB10 phones since they came out!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 11:01 PM
112 ... 345