Ok so I was reading another topic here in CB about the reason for the failure of BB10 and everyone where giving out their own ideas. So I kinda figured.. why not lets make a poll or a survey of our friends who arent using BB10. Random friends..

And pop the question.

Would you consider switching to BB10? Yes or No. And Why or Why not?

If we can ask our friends,families,neighbors,classmates,workmates, basically just everyone in all sectors of society, then we may just get and pinpoint the exact and main reason why BB10 is not selling well.

I will ask random colleagues, friends today and post their answers later. It would help if u know their age so we can decipher well.

Ill update this post later.. im encouraging everyone to participate.. after all.. I think all of us wants to know the real reason plus maybe we can help Blackberry.

Howbout 3-5 people per post?

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u and johnm137 like this.
    05-30-14 11:22 PM
    Interesting idea, but I'm not sure how many people you will be able to get to participate.
    06-01-14 09:51 AM
    Interested to see how this will turn out. Will also try to get answers from my friends on this

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 11:37 AM
    I think a better idea would be showing your friends and family your blackberry phone and its features and let them decide for themselves. Two of my friends and one co-worker switched after I displayed my phone to them. Others who did not switch liked what they saw and now have a better perception of BlackBerry 10 devices.
    cgallaer likes this.
    06-01-14 12:03 PM
    I think a lot of it has to do with the expense and time it takes to learn a new OS, especially when for the most part you are perfectly happy with the one you have. I have been with blackberry for years and as such I jumped at the opportunity to get a BB10 phone. However, if I had made the switch from my 9900 to an iphone prior to BB10 I would not have come back to BlackBerry, at least not based on the devices currently out. That's not to say I'm not happy with my Q10, I am. I would rather have it than an Iphone 5s; what I'm trying to explain is that after having spent the money to move to a new ecosystem I would not be willing to spend the time and money to switch to what blackberry is currently offering. All things equal though, if I didn't have a cell phone and was choosing between an iphone ad BlackBerry, I would choose BlackBerry.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    06-01-14 12:11 PM
    My problem is Cspire has half the market share in my area and doesn't even carry BB. BlackBerry treated it like crap.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 12:18 PM
    Ecosystem. Apps. Familiarity.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    06-01-14 12:36 PM
    I have many friends on other phones. They like what they see with my Z30, but they don't see enough of a difference to get out of their ecosystems, even though they acknowledge that file managing and email is superior. Most don't seem to use their phones as an extension of their offices or laptops as I do and are quite content with their apps.

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    06-01-14 02:52 PM
    I won't evangelize for BlackBerry again for quite some time. Especially not with BlackBerry in its current state with its direction blurry and new management not clearly laying out a plan for the US. Mature markets are business only and immature markets like Indonesia are consumer?!? Pushed PlayBook and they abandoned it less than a year in without delivering what they said. I can't push devices for them if they can't deliver on what they say. I have no idea what the plan is now and you can't easily buy the devices anywhere. They need to get things straightened out, execute what they say, and then I'll think about telling others about it. Right now I only talk if asked and I don't really push then.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    JeepBB, chr1sny and Witmen like this.
    06-01-14 02:53 PM
    I've already asked a couple of my friends about this.

First girl (age 31) has seen my Z10 and likes it well enough BUT has admitted that she's just too invested in the Apple ecosystem to switch. She's a professional photographer and has Apple computers so she has everything kind of tied together (plus her husband is a computer programmer and has Apple everything, as well). She did say, however, that she pretty much hates her iPhone - she has gone through multiple ones under the warranty because they keep having various problems and she would switch to something else in a heartbeat if it weren't for that ecosystem. I tried to explain to her that iCloud can be accessed from basically all other phones but she's scared to lose data and ease of use.

One girl (age 26), just responded that BlackBerry sucks (she used to have the BlackBerry Tour and it was pretty awful) and she is perfectly content with her iPhone. Even after seeing all the things my Z10 can do that her iPhone can't, she won't consider it (though she did concede that maybe the new BlackBerry OS isn't so bad). She also has a Mac computer so the overall ecosystem probably has a lot to do with it.

My sister (age 28) isn't interested in any type of phone besides the iPhone because, she says, she doesn't want to have to learn a new OS. She's had an iPhone for years, they've always worked for her, and she just doesn't see a need to change.

Other friends have basically expressed different variations of "Well, my girlfriend/boyfriend/parents/EVERYONE has an iPhone so I just figured I might as well"

Refreshingly saw a Q10 in the wild last night, for the first time here in Middle Tennessee, and the guy said that he's always had a BlackBerry, he LOVES BB10 (and he's not even running a leak!) and he would never consider switching. It's nice to know there are some more out there than those of us who nerd out here on Crackberry. ;-)

TL;DR My friends feel too invested in the Apple ecosystem to switch.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and Anthony_2u like this.
    06-01-14 03:18 PM
    If they're really your friends you'll leave them alone. They're doing just fine.

Posted with my Q
    06-01-14 03:22 PM
    Why would I do that when BlackBerry doesn't even make an effort?

FWIW, I did that with with the OS7 phones, the PlayBook, and BB10. BlackBerry let me down each and every time.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 03:30 PM
    If they're really your friends you'll leave them alone. They're doing just fine.

Posted with my Q
    It's a fun little thing. I get asked why I don't plan on watching star wars anytime soon anyways. Why you gotta be like this

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 03:35 PM
    Ive managed to convert some of my friends. But the usual reasons I hear from the stubborn are:

Their answer: Isnt BlackBerry in trouble?
    My reaction: I just get angry, contained as best I can of course.

Their answer: Apple iphones are easy to use, have tons of apps readily available and are of higher quality then androids.
    My reaction: Hard to argue with this one.

Their answer: Iphones fit nicely in my clutch! Cause they are so slim and beautiful (from the ladies)
    My reaction: right then......

I find it very hard to convince the ladies in the group. The guys take some effort but im slowly getting there.

Give me the windermere and ill convert more and possibly some of the ladies.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-01-14 03:40 PM
    Most folks I know have allot of money wrapped in their app ecosystem and are reluctant to change to another platform.

Here in the USA it's getting very hard to find major stores carrying the blackberry brand anymore. T Mobile who was one the largest Blackberry supporters are not licensed to sell the brand anymore here.

I had made it a point to never try and push the Blackberry brand on anyone. I simply shown them the device and go over the features of OS10 and answer their questions of they have and let them make the final decision on their own. I find it works much better that way.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    06-01-14 03:58 PM
    Most folks I know have allot of money wrapped in their app ecosystem and are reluctant to change to another platform.

Here in the USA it's getting very hard to find major stores carrying the blackberry brand anymore. T Mobile who was one the largest Blackberry supporters are not licensed to sell the brand anymore here.

I had made it a point to never try and push the Blackberry brand on anyone. I simply shown them the device and go over the features of OS10 and answer their questions of they have and let them make the final decision on their own. I find it works much better that way.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    Exactly. It's a personal choice. But, I have never had an iPhone or Android user do this to me.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-01-14 05:04 PM
    I've already asked a couple of my friends about this.

First girl (age 31) has seen my Z10 and likes it well enough BUT has admitted that she's just too invested in the Apple ecosystem to switch. She's a professional photographer and has Apple computers so she has everything kind of tied together (plus her husband is a computer programmer and has Apple everything, as well). She did say, however, that she pretty much hates her iPhone - she has gone through multiple ones under the warranty because they keep having various problems and she would switch to something else in a heartbeat if it weren't for that ecosystem. I tried to explain to her that iCloud can be accessed from basically all other phones but she's scared to lose data and ease of use.

One girl (age 26), just responded that BlackBerry sucks (she used to have the BlackBerry Tour and it was pretty awful) and she is perfectly content with her iPhone. Even after seeing all the things my Z10 can do that her iPhone can't, she won't consider it (though she did concede that maybe the new BlackBerry OS isn't so bad). She also has a Mac computer so the overall ecosystem probably has a lot to do with it.

My sister (age 28) isn't interested in any type of phone besides the iPhone because, she says, she doesn't want to have to learn a new OS. She's had an iPhone for years, they've always worked for her, and she just doesn't see a need to change.

Other friends have basically expressed different variations of "Well, my girlfriend/boyfriend/parents/EVERYONE has an iPhone so I just figured I might as well"

Refreshingly saw a Q10 in the wild last night, for the first time here in Middle Tennessee, and the guy said that he's always had a BlackBerry, he LOVES BB10 (and he's not even running a leak!) and he would never consider switching. It's nice to know there are some more out there than those of us who nerd out here on Crackberry. ;-)

TL;DR My friends feel too invested in the Apple ecosystem to switch.

Posted via CB10
    Probably me going on about Q10 lol. (I live in Middle TN.)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 06:47 PM
    Biggest problem is Distribution (Place). We everybody knows that BlackBerry needs marketing, but before that, it should be possible to buy their products in stores (here in Denmark you can't).

They have to promote their products to the retailers, then the consumers will automatically being targeted.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-01-14 07:28 PM
    Most ppl I know that are on iphones say they're very satisfied or say it's the best. Has enough apps with all the top apps there, simple to use and because it's Apple.

As I mentioned before what's hurting BlackBerry is that it's name is tarnished by the media saying there going bankrupt or is already bankrupt. Always something negative about how BlackBerry is losing money, market share declining as well as former users who left for iphones or Samsungs. BlackBerry is not popular like it once was as all you see is iphones and galaxies. Young teens just want iphones or galaxies because their friends have it or celebrities on tv being seen with one. Those companies have the cool factor unlike BlackBerry which has lost it and probably will never get its reputation back as it once did.

As for some of my friends who are using the old BB OS 6/7 are interested in upgrading to the new BB 10. But there number one question is how is BlackBerry doing financially? I tell them they are doing alright, surviving but not as bad as they hear.

The BlackBerry 10 launch and super bowl commercial was a disaster!!! That was there chance to hype up and really show off BB 10's new features and show how BB 10 is completely built from the ground up.

As a lot of ppl stated BB 10 was a little to late with releasing it. Of course if you read that in depth story of BlackBerry in the Globe and Mail there was so many reasons within the company that caused them to be in the situation that they are.

BB 10 has really matured in the last year with the 3 updates they released fixing bugs, improving features and adding new ones.

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    JesseBabe23 and Alvin Loh like this.
    06-01-14 08:16 PM
    Most people I know who don't want to change the OS because they use same OS tablets as well and the complete ecosystem is missing for BB10. However my sister in law and my cousin moved from Android to BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:24 PM
    Recommending BlackBerry isn't being a friend. Plus it would make you seem like you don't have good judgment when you're telling them to use a phone that can't do the things their phone can.

Only exception I might make is if BlackBerry released a qwerty phone with a Z10 shaped screen and a tool belt. Or slider. And then only if a friend mentioned they missed having a keyboard.

I miss a keyboard but BlackBerry won't make a phone I want. I can't recommend it to myself even.

2011 was such a nicer time with my brand new 9810. Last phone I was excited about and loved.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    06-01-14 10:33 PM
    I asked my cousin he says the hub is trash lack of apps too lazy too sideload and the current position of the company he's an android user

Hope he likes spyware malware no security having to run anti virus and anti malware software on your phone is just plain foolishness

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:43 PM
    My experience is similar to many on here.
    The biggest hurdle for BlackBerry is the exact same one as they had in Jan 2013. "Bad Perception". Except for one thing of course, the hurdle is much taller now. I've come to the conclusion that no matter how good BB10 is or becomes, the present perception has to change before any possible success blooms.
    That being said, I like the idea that Mr. Chen has changed gears. It has created some positive headlines while providing some breathing room to regroup. Mr. Sims explained that they will refocus on marketing the devices as soon as 10.3 hits. But again, some how, some way, they must tackle this perception problem along the way.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 06-02-14 at 11:29 PM.
    06-01-14 10:53 PM
    I asked my cousin he says the hub is trash lack of apps too lazy too sideload and the current position of the company he's an android user

Hope he likes spyware malware no security having to run anti virus and anti malware software on your phone is just plain foolishness

Posted via CB10
    Lol hub is trash? Obviously just trolling. I appreciate if someone doesn't like a universal inbox..its "different " a bit genius in.the age of social media but still different and people have taste... but trash? I doubt his android phone email client is any better

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:58 PM
    Recommending BlackBerry isn't being a friend. Plus it would make you seem like you don't have good judgment when you're telling them to use a phone that can't do the things their phone can.

Only exception I might make is if BlackBerry released a qwerty phone with a Z10 shaped screen and a tool belt. Or slider. And then only if a friend mentioned they missed having a keyboard.

I miss a keyboard but BlackBerry won't make a phone I want. I can't recommend it to myself even.

2011 was such a nicer time with my brand new 9810. Last phone I was excited about and loved.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3175 / T-Mobile USA
    With all do respect, that doesn't make sense? First you wouldn't be a friend because the present models don't suit you. Then, you would recommend them if they came out with something you prefer? What if your friends don't like sliders? You're right back at being a bad friend.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 06-02-14 at 12:10 AM.
    06-01-14 10:58 PM
112 123 ...