Just give me a 'dumb' tablet that is run by my phone.
    05-15-15 06:09 PM
    It's easy enough to picture. I'm not sure it is a good idea for BB at this time though.
    Definitely doesn't look anything like that. Nice try though.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 07:03 PM
    Got a passport, it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 07:05 PM
    No. PlayBook flopped, no matter what anyone says. Let them get back on their feet solidly before wasting money.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Yeah but the app situation on the PlayBook was horrendous then, just like early BB10 was. While I don't see the point of what the OP wants, given the low specs of the Leap, BlackBerry should be able to make a low end tablet now for $200 or less and make money. The runtime for Android would open the new tablet up way more than the limited one in the PlayBook. I bet they could sell a Million + to BlackBerry loyalists and maybe even get some corporate uptake over the loyalists too. BlackBerry's early failures were mostly due to incomplete offerings running on beta software at ridiculous price points.

I want to buy a cheaper tablet before this coming football season, and even though I got burnt bad on that PlayBook abomination, I would by a cheap Bb10 tablet now that the OS is solid. Like I said though $200 max limit.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 07:45 PM
    SuperFly_FR said he's running a "secret undisclosed OS version" (not his own words) that runs Android stuff pretty much flawless, and he's got Google Play on there, too (Cobalt, and the other little hacks in "the" famous thread)...

(hope I'm not misquoting anything or taking out of context)

:-D

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-15-15 08:14 PM
    I've come up with a major flaw in this mini laptop smartphone. It would be long and confusing to explain. I've come to the conclusion at least for me that a Torch like design with say a 5" screen would work best. I hope the new slider looks like this. Sorry for any confusion, I'm a older man and sometimes my brain doesn't work as well as it used to. Make the Passport with a longer screen and a slider keyboard, that would work too. Thanks for your input.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 10:37 PM
    Try the Passport. They've already managed to make a device with great specs that works well as a mini laptop and has both a physical and virtual keyboard. They managed to do it all with a spacious 4.5" screen.

Seriously. The Passport works great for what you describe and is available today.
    05-16-15 06:58 AM
    I am new to reading these forums even though I have been on the crackberry website daily and owned a BlackBerry device for better part of ten years I can't belive how sensitive people are on here its entertainment if anything I guess

Passport,Q10,red Z10,Z30, bold 9900
    05-16-15 08:32 AM
    Some would say that the Passport was a bad idea or gimmick. I guess you would have BlackBerry give up. I like innovative technology, not the same old boring safe stuff other companies put out. I'm glad you don't run BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Now we have something in common. I am glad you don't either.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 09:43 AM
    I don't see it as being risky if it is done right. Doing the same thing as everyone else is not good either. Be a leader not a follower works for me, be bold. That why I like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    With Blackberry's current position in the mobile market share context, your concept of " being bold" is suicide. The CEO is now concerned with stability and relevance again.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 09:49 AM
    With Blackberry's current position in the mobile market share context, your concept of " being bold" is suicide. The CEO is now concerned with stability and relevance again.

Posted via CB10
    I would never want the job of being CEO of BlackBerry, I'm not qualified for that position. I simply threw out an idea that after more thought realized it would not work. All new products begin as an idea and hopefully a lot of thought, if after or during that process you realize it won't work, it is best to scrap the idea. This product would of never gone to market if I ever had any control of it. Thinking outside the box is a good thing and all people including the successful ones make mistakes, it's human nature.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 10:32 AM
    Try the Passport. They've already managed to make a device with great specs that works well as a mini laptop and has both a physical and virtual keyboard. They managed to do it all with a spacious 4.5" screen.

Seriously. The Passport works great for what you describe and is available today.
    It fills the need for some. Would you say it works well for viewing movies and videos, that seems to be one of the negative things I've read about. Some don't like the new keyboard. There's not one device that pleases everyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 10:53 AM
    I am new to reading these forums even though I have been on the crackberry website daily and owned a BlackBerry device for better part of ten years I can't belive how sensitive people are on here its entertainment if anything I guess

Passport,Q10,red Z10,Z30, bold 9900
    Welcome, I hope you have thick skin.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 10:58 AM
    If they released a Phablet running the full windows OS using their new Hypervisor I would seriously consider buying one. It would be a super Surface Pro lol

Loving my Passport!
    05-16-15 01:24 PM
    Yes I know, another option would be to remove the physical keyboard on the Passport and replace it with more screen space and sell an optional wireless keyboard

Posted via CB10
    they're not in a position to sell an optional anything
    05-16-15 01:59 PM
    There's not one device that pleases everyone.

Posted via CB10
    and they're not meant to. they're meant to please bottom line expenses.
    05-16-15 02:01 PM
    they're not in a position to sell an optional anything
    Well then maybe a wireless keyboard already out there will work. Just a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 03:46 PM
    and they're not meant to. they're meant to please bottom line expenses.
    I never said BlackBerry had a device that pleases all their customers. Make products that people like and will make BlackBerry profitable. I think that is their goal.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 03:56 PM
    Can I possibly suggest building a frankenstein device, that runs QNX and when you connect your BlackBerry 10 device to it, it turns into a full desktop? Now that wouldn't be too hard. Custom usb/HDMI dock (for devices that have HDMI) on the side, a laptop (install QNX and a different window manager?) and a 1080p LCD panel (either transparent or what the laptop has, modified.

PS. No technical expertise from me as to get that all working.

Posted from my QNX powered BlackBerry Q10.
    05-16-15 10:01 PM
    To get the ideal solution you need to know what the aim and purpose of such a device would be. Is this just for reply to emails on the go or for office work. Will it be for proper always moving such as representatives and execs or someone wanting an all in one solution for all the computing needs.
    Sent from my Luminous Lime Green Lumia 930
    05-17-15 05:18 AM
    How about a phone that opens up to a tablet. A while back there was a concept drawing of a phone, here is the picture.

Attachment 352905

What if this phone opened up? They have the flexible glass now? Just a thought.
    The one on the left and middle looks like what I'm talking about. The flaw I discovered in my design seems to be fixed in the middle phone pictured. The flaw was when you answered the phone or made a call, you would have to open it up to do so, it looks like they solved that problem with this design. In my design there would be a physical keyboard on the inside like a laptop. Not sure about the cost of something like this. I like their design. The design on the right was also a consideration.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:28 AM
    Can I possibly suggest building a frankenstein device, that runs QNX and when you connect your BlackBerry 10 device to it, it turns into a full desktop? Now that wouldn't be too hard. Custom usb/HDMI dock (for devices that have HDMI) on the side, a laptop (install QNX and a different window manager?) and a 1080p LCD panel (either transparent or what the laptop has, modified.

PS. No technical expertise from me as to get that all working.

Posted from my QNX powered BlackBerry Q10.
    Ubuntu Phone has already done that...
    More than a year ago on the Galaxy Nexus / Nexus 4.

I've got it! :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-17-15 04:18 PM
    Passport has very limited availability.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 05:15 PM
    I got yer laptop replacement rite Heeah!

How about a mini smartphone laptop-crackberry-image.jpg

Posted via CB10
    tmanthib likes this.
    05-17-15 05:37 PM
    I got yer laptop replacement rite Heeah!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	353324

Posted via CB10
    Nice.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:04 PM
80 1234