I have tried searching and asking friends for a answer to this question but I either haven't been able to really find a answer and what friends have told me doesn't work.

At my college there is WiFi for everybody to use. You first have to create your account on a hardwired computer at the college and setup your username and password which I have. After that you can connect to it wirelessly.

When I connected to it this morning on my Storm 2 it found the connection and clicked on it, it took me to a page I think was on the schools website but I don't remember for sure(hotspot login page?) to enter my username(id) and password. It took about 1min. and it was connected and working fine.

I went to my night class tonight and when I looked at my phone I saw a little red star in the top right corner next to the WiFi symbol. It didn't automatically reconnect.

Is there anyway or setting/option to have it automatically connect to this wifi/hotspot? I wasn't able to find anything. It just seems irritating that I would have to do this every time to connect. I take pictures or will write down what I do to connect if that would better help anybody. I don't totally recall since this was my first time using it.

Thanks for any help,
    -Russ
    09-15-10 11:15 PM
    I have screenshots from tonight when I tried logging in to the WiFi again. It was a real pain and took about 15mins. before I was successfully connected.

[HERE] is a photobucket album with the screenshots labled in order from #1-12 with a description of what I did.

If you know of a way to automatically connect to this so I don't have to go through it everytime I would greatly appreciate the help. And if its not possible to automatically have it login once its in range I would also like to know that.

Thanks,
    -Russ
    09-17-10 01:41 AM
    I do not believe its possible to auto reconnect. If it were a situation where you had a security key (such as a WEP), you could do that. I believe you'll have to log in every time. I'm sure someone else has a more definitive answer and they'll chime in soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 02:18 AM
    Thank you bigsteveatt for your answer/help, I appreciate the input.

Can anybody else confirm what he has said or let me know if there is a way. I just want to know for sure before I give up on it.
    09-19-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD