Forgive me if this has been explained before but I couldn't find the answer

I am using the new Verizon Bold 9650
    I set it up to use my WiFi while at home, I thought ( guess I was wrong )
    that 9650 would switch from WiFi when I am not in a Wifi area but was wrong

I was out and away from home and needed to use my Browser but I couldn't as it said I had no WiFi connection I tried to get it to switch with no luck
    What have I done wrong ?
    06-18-10 09:01 PM
    The hotspot browser always requires a wifi connection. If you set your browser to Internet Browser as the default, then it will use wifi if available or 3G/EDGE if there's no wifi hotspot. I believe the Internet Browser goes through RIM's servers whereas the hotspot browser does not (correct me if I'm wrong).
    06-18-10 09:45 PM
    The hotspot browser always requires a wifi connection. If you set your browser to Internet Browser as the default, then it will use wifi if available or 3G/EDGE if there's no wifi hotspot. I believe the Internet Browser goes through RIM's servers whereas the hotspot browser does not (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is there a way of knowing if you are using the WiFi ?
    06-18-10 09:56 PM
    Usually, the white wifi symbol should turn white when you're connected to a wifi hotspot, and it's greyed out if you're not. Also, when you're using the Internet Browser and wifi is available, the white wifi symbol should appear on the upper right hand section of the screen, and if not, it should be on 3G/EDGE.
    06-18-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD