Hey everyone. I have the hotspot working on my 9900 unbranded on AT&T. On my playbook thru the brigde my speed test never goes above 1.5 mbps with the hotspot i am pushing 8-10 mbps on H+. So i used epix, youtube to watch movies while streaming and had no buffering. This is awesome stuff!!!!
    11-26-11 08:44 PM
    Presumably you have an unlimited data plan on the BlackBerry Bold 9900.
    emirozmen likes this.
    11-26-11 09:36 PM
    its great i agree RIM needs to get 7.1 out there officially.
    11-26-11 09:46 PM
    No I dont wish i did now. my plan ends monday i had over a gig to kill and i came very close in one day to eat that gig up. lol
    11-26-11 09:46 PM
    my hot spot doesn't work, I'm assuming it's because I don't have tethering enabled. when I move to TELUS my hot spot will work! can't wait
    11-26-11 10:39 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Hey everyone. I have the hotspot working on my 9900 unbranded on AT&T. On my playbook thru the brigde my speed test never goes above 1.5 mbps with the hotspot i am pushing 8-10 mbps on H+. So i used epix, youtube to watch movies while streaming and had no buffering. This is awesome stuff!!!!
    brilliant! ... enjoy ... RIM is really starting to make things happen ....finally

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 10:49 PM
    ^rim making things happen?definitely not now.bbx is rim's last resort to make things happen.a lot pressure relying on bbx to keep rim from sinking.apple and android are well above their pay grade.rim has yet to show that it can upped its game to android's level.not going to put rim with apple because that comparison is no longer valid since android is on the top right now.
    ^as for the hotspot on at&t,its a no show without the $45/month datapro 4G plan.at&t pulling its strings.
    11-26-11 11:21 PM
    ^rim making things happen?definitely not now.bbx is rim's last resort to make things happen.a lot pressure relying on bbx to keep rim from sinking.apple and android are well above their pay grade.rim has yet to show that it can upped its game to android's level.not going to put rim with apple because that comparison is no longer valid since android is on the top right now.
    ^as for the hotspot on at&t,its a no show without the $45/month datapro 4G plan.at&t pulling its strings.
    You must read a lot of engadget and bgr huh?
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-27-11 12:18 AM
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOUR REQUIRED TO PAY A MONTHLY FEE, FOR THE HOTSPOT? I PAY ALMOST $250 MONTH ON MINE AND MY WIFES PHONE. THE BB $30 DATA PLAN, PLUS, AN ADDITIONAL FEE FOR HOTSPOT IS NOT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL. I also have everything unlimited on VZW
    11-27-11 12:28 AM
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOUR REQUIRED TO PAY A MONTHLY FEE, FOR THE HOTSPOT? I PAY ALMOST $250 MONTH ON MINE AND MY WIFES PHONE. THE BB $30 DATA PLAN, PLUS, AN ADDITIONAL FEE FOR HOTSPOT IS NOT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL. I also have everything unlimited on VZW
    I would call Verizon and ask them if you have to pay extra. Though imo 250/month for two phones is borderline criminal if they don't include it.
    11-27-11 12:51 AM
    IN ADDITION TO WHAT ONIBERRY SAID, YOU CAN ALSO CHECK THIS WEBSITE OUT, LOOK AT POINTS 5 AND 6

Data Package

SPECIFICALLY "Data packages may not be used to tether your Smartphone to a computer or tablet, or as a Wi-Fi hotspot, unless you subscribe to Mobile Hotspot / Mobile Broadband."

Im guessing you need the 5GB one, or something along those lines.
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-27-11 at 01:17 AM.
    11-27-11 01:13 AM
    Since this is not a carrier app they dont know just like using the bridge on att. i do not have a teathering plan and it works no problem. i keep checking my account online i see the data being used but my plan has not changed.
    11-27-11 08:00 AM
    my hot spot doesn't work, I'm assuming it's because I don't have tethering enabled. when I move to TELUS my hot spot will work! can't wait
    alot of people on rogers are using the hot spot without a plan.
    11-27-11 08:05 AM
    I can't get hotspot on mine, need to enter APN details and I dunno if I'll get charged for it either
    Last edited by R4CH3L.R0S3; 11-27-11 at 10:30 AM.
    11-27-11 10:28 AM
    Mobile Hotspot should have been out in os6
    11-27-11 10:49 AM
    alot of people on rogers are using the hot spot without a plan.
    without a plan? if you don't have data why would you need a hot spot anyway?
    11-27-11 11:29 AM
    he means a separate plan for tethering or hotspot.
    11-27-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD