i cant believe i dont see any threds about this-i set up a new hotmail account on my bold 9650 and its impossible to make my name appear as the display name. the only thing u can change is the name of the email account as it apers on your phone. "meaningful name" its called. so now if i send mail the person sees my email address and not my display name. being as this email account is for job applications and rewsumes, this lookd very un-proffesional. please somebody help!
    are there any crackberry gurus that have an answer?!!!
    11-14-10 09:54 AM
    Maybe you've tried this already (I can't quite tell from your post), but have you gone to the Setup folder, picked Email Settings, clicked your Hotmail account to Edit it, then changed the Your Name box that's listed in the General Options screen? If you can access those screens and and change those fields then people receiving your emails should see your name rather than your email address. And for reference, I'm also using the Bold 9650 and was able to change the Name that shows in all my outgoing emails.
    11-16-10 11:33 PM
    Like BBmini said. Open main Messages/Menu/Options/General Options, Display Name-Yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 09:06 AM
    Like BBmini said. Open main Messages/Menu/Options/General Options, Display Name-Yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's actually a bit different than what I suggested. It might work, but it's in a totally different folder and Options list than my suggestion. My idea was to go into the Main Setup folder to access the screens where you might set up a new email account, or in this case edit an existing account. It's possible that once he's added his name to the Your Name field then he'll also have to click the "Display Name -- Yes" option, but it's in a different area of options.

Good luck with the issue. I hope these suggestions help.
    11-17-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD