My wife only uses a Hotmail - if I create and send her an email from my exchange account on my 9780 it appears instantly on my exchange server and I get the auto cc back to my BlackBerry straight away.

But she never gets the email.

However if I go into Outlook on my PC and forward that same email to her - it works straight away.

Also, if she email me and I reply from the BlackBerry it works just fine.

My domain is in her Hotmail safe senders list.

So, only newly created email on the BlackBerry fails.

Any ideas, please?
    12-12-10 03:25 PM
    Delete the account, then try creating a new account. Make sure to do it through the Email Setup folder or Email Settings on the Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 03:32 PM
    Thanks - tried that. Just the same.

Interestingly one of the test emails just got delivered to my wife's Hotmail account - 2.5hrs after I orginally sent it from the BlackBerry.
    12-12-10 05:07 PM
    There's some suggestions here that may help. I'll fish for some other solutions

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/hot...eliver-228224/

12-12-10 05:59 PM
    Here's another endless post with a ton of info. Hope one of these does it for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fina...answer-361096/

Rory101 likes this.
    12-12-10 06:11 PM
    Hotmail works perfect from my torch. I get emails minutes sometimes even hours before I get them on my pc using office outlook.
    12-12-10 06:54 PM
    Here's another endless post with a ton of info. Hope one of these does it for you.

Thanks - there's a bit of stuff in the last few posts on Page 10 about delayed sending.

I guess there's just some issue between the BIS server and Hotmail which delays the email being transmitted. Maybe MicroSoft is seeing emails sent this way as potential spam? Or they just want everyone to use Windows Mobile!
    12-13-10 06:26 AM
    Hey Rory! You are definitely experiencing something else beside the norm. I and many others do not have any issues with hotmail. If I were having these issues I would login to my account through my Email Settings and take a close look at my account Settings Options. Maybe you have the security turned up too high or something, I don't even know what all is in there since I've not had any issues but it's worth a look. Hey you have nothing to lose at this point. Maybe there is also a "Return to Default" option somewhere in there. Good luck pal, keep me posted.

12-13-10 12:16 PM
    I don't know what's up - just looked at the headers for one email delayed by 8hrs and the BIS server received it immediately and then the line above shows the Hotmail server receiving it from BIS server 8hrs later.

I don't know if that's a sending issue with BIS or a receiving issue with Hotmail.
    12-15-10 11:31 AM
    If you have an exchange account, and the email is in your sent items this would suggest you are on a BES server, therefore could the delay be caused by email scanning on your exchange server or anything else within your company that scans email for spam etc before it actually gets sent?

Where I work we have our exchange server and various bits of software that control emails with attachments etc so maybe this is causing the delay.
    12-15-10 11:34 AM
    I'm on a hosted exchange server but using BIS.

I can send to a Hotmail account using our email system from my PC and it gets there pretty well instantly.

I set a Hotmail account up on the 9780 today and that delivered to another Hotmail account straight away.
    12-15-10 03:35 PM
    1st:
    it depends if you reply to a mail or step a new one. - this is wried unless a reply is nothing else than a new mail with the old content attached

2nd:
    if the message is instand on the exchange, bis seams not to have a problem and the communication works in general.

what i dont know is is actually sending the messages? the exchange server or the bis server.

if it is bis that may create problems if your domain has spf records set up.

if the exchange server is sending the message check back with your admin or service desk. the can see why the messag is not instantly received by hotmail

12-16-10 10:59 AM
    1st:
    it depends if you reply to a mail or step a new one. - this is wried unless a reply is nothing else than a new mail with the old content attached
    It really is (to me) quite bizzare. I just sent a test from my own Hotmail account to my work email and then opened it on the BlackBerry.

I replied to that and it was delivered to my Hotmail account effectively instantly. Looking at headers it went through 3 steps and the times are *one second* apart!

So I created a new email on the Blackberry - 3hrs later it's still not at Hotmail. If it wasn;t for the fact that they do eventually appear I'd be convinced I was typo'ing the address.
    2nd:
    if the message is instand on the exchange, bis seams not to have a problem and the communication works in general.
    Yep - seems to work with everything except new emails to Hotmail adresses.
    12-16-10 02:53 PM
    Does BIS a reply and a new mail have the same routing pathes? Does BIS oder the exchange give the mail to hotmail??
    12-16-10 03:05 PM
    Oh well - tried it today and it works fine. Very odd.
    12-17-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD