So before, sent emails from my hotmail account on my BB (9700) never got saved in my Sent folder of the hotmail account. The workaround was to bcc yourself on all emails sent from the BB.

Now it appears that sent emails from BB are now saved in the account's Sent folder. What took them so long? Anyways, I'm happy now...I guess.
    06-23-11 01:02 PM
    yes in the past couple/few weeks Microsoft has enabled more advanced mailbox sync for Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts.
    06-23-11 05:53 PM
    It also has contacts sync now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 06:22 PM
    Very nice. Looks like I'll be switching more from Gmail to Live.
    06-23-11 06:43 PM
    Don't get too excited. Microsoft push capabilities are quite bad. Sometimes emails come through in seconds, sometimes in hours.
    06-23-11 06:44 PM
    It also has contacts sync now.
    ^really? How do I get it to that? Thanks.
    06-24-11 03:31 AM
    ^really? How do I get it to that? Thanks.
    I would say go to email set up and first delete the account then ad it again, after you enter your email address and password you should be prompted to tick the contacts box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-11 03:44 AM
    Now it appears that sent emails from BB are now saved in the account's Sent folder. What took them so long? Anyways, I'm happy now...I guess.
    yeah, this was always the case before they changed that microsoft protocol thing a while back. i'm loving it again, plus for the last 2 days, my e-mails are back to being pushed real time!?! i wonder how long it'll last this time. ha.
    06-29-11 05:03 PM
    Don't get too excited. Microsoft push capabilities are quite bad. Sometimes emails come through in seconds, sometimes in hours.
    +1

10 char
    06-29-11 06:01 PM
    Hopefully I can help someone with their "push" troubles. I also was having trouble with it, sometimes getting email right away, and sometimes hours later, and I figured out that it is because of the way Windows Live works.

Microsoft used some protocol, not going to bother looking up what it's called, but it send a notification when a new email is received. This protocol is what "pushes" the email to your phone. However, the problem comes when you are also logged in to Windows Live Messenger.

The notification protocol can only notify one device of a new message, if you are signed in to Messenger the notification gets sent there instead of your phone. To compound the problem, the messages are not sent to your phone when you sign out of Messenger, but when you receive a new email after signing out. So if you are on Messenger, and receive a new email, and then log out of Messenger, that new message doesn't go to your phone. Say you get no new email again for 2 hours, the message you received while on Messenger still will not be sent to your phone. When you get a new email you'll get the new email, along with the one that you received while on Messenger.

I hope that makes sense.
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    08-05-11 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD