I need help understanding something. Up until last week, whenever I read an email from my blackberry 8330, that email would not only be marked as read when I went into my online hotmail account, but it would also be deleted if I deleted the email from my blackberry as long as I selected to have it deleted "On Mailbox & Handheld".

I got a Tour 9630 and I initially had an issue with me swapping my device pin for the new one. Sprint had to change it for me. They ended up having to delete my email accounts and having me re-add them. Since re-adding the accounts I no longer have the ability to have emails that I have read on my BB also be marked as read when I go into my hotmail account using the web. I am also unable to delete emails from my BB and have them deleted on the server as well.

I amusing BIS.
    Here are my Email Reconciliation settings:
    Delete on: Prompt
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

Rim told me Hotmail now uses Pop protocol and that is why it is not working. Hotmail has always used Pop since I have had a blackberry, so I do not necessarily believe this.

Anyone know how this currently works? I personally believe it is something that has been changed with BIS. I have another account that is forced to use IMAP because the RIM server takes the email you submit when adding an account and if it encounters IMAP on that server, it forces you to use IMAP regardless if POP is enabled on that server as well. I can no longer manually add my email account settings.

Has Hotmail changed the way reconciliation occurs?
    Has anyone else had this issue after deleting and re-adding an account?
    Is there any way to override the settings?
    Is this a result of the new BIS upgrades?

Thanks.
    09-09-10 06:49 PM
    Hotmail changed it. It doesn't work anymore.
    09-09-10 06:57 PM
    Thank you very much for the response.
    09-09-10 07:06 PM
    Bingo!
    On the plus side, EAS seems to be working pretty good on my iTouch
    09-09-10 07:14 PM
    Bingo!
    On the plus side, EAS seems to be working pretty good on my iTouch
    What is EAS?
    09-09-10 07:30 PM
    What is EAS?
    Exchange Active Sync. Syncs email, contacts, and calendar for devices that can use it. Microsoft turned this feature on for hotmail users recently.
    09-09-10 07:34 PM
    Exchange Active Sync. Syncs email, contacts, and calendar for devices that can use it. Microsoft turned this feature on for hotmail users recently.
    Thanks. I will have to look into this more.
    09-09-10 07:39 PM
    Same thing happened to me, it was working on my Tour with Sprint. I then switched to Torch on AT&T and my hotmail no longer syncs. Booooooo
    09-10-10 10:30 AM
    My hotmail accoun sync's quickly as far as taking messages off the server. However, whenever I read or delete an email on the BB (Storm), nothing happens on the hotmail server. i.e. I have to sign in to my hotmail account and manually delete all these emails that I've already read and managed. Is there a work-around? EAS as mentioned above?
    10-17-10 11:11 AM
    My hotmail accoun sync's quickly as far as taking messages off the server. However, whenever I read or delete an email on the BB (Storm), nothing happens on the hotmail server. i.e. I have to sign in to my hotmail account and manually delete all these emails that I've already read and managed. Is there a work-around? EAS as mentioned above?
    Can't use EAS on BlackBerry with hotmail and BIS.
    You can use MSN MSP which keeps email synced...if your carrier supports it Awhile back RIM made that a carrier dependent feature, so you're gonna have to bug them about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD