Ok, so i've heard so many commercials and seen so many examples of the palm pre that show it's hosting app. It hosts its internet to other devices such as psps, nintendo ds, ipod touches etc.

Is there an app like this for blackberrys? I mean come on, we should have this if the stupid palm pre has it.
    03-19-10 09:53 PM
    The Palm Pre has this functionality built into it's architecture whereas the BB and
    most other devices don't.

I do find it ironic that the device that can do what you want when the device you
    own can't earns the label "stupid".
    03-19-10 10:11 PM
    Palm Pre has this? Now I know which device to buy next, thanks for pointing that out!
    03-20-10 04:51 PM
    If i understand correctly this device will allow you to create a wifi hotspot with your BlackBerry.
    03-21-10 06:37 AM
    I wishthis was supporty natievly. With the Palm Pre and Verizon it is an extra 40$ a month
    03-21-10 10:06 AM
    Someone needs to just make a native device thats can connect through bluetooth and host wifi. I mean it's not that hard, you would just need your provider to approve the product.
    03-21-10 09:38 PM
    I think that the Palm Pre has a homebrew app that does what the native wifi sharing app that it ships with, minus the montly fee. It's similar to Tether (aka Tetherberry) and it also let's you broadcast via wifi, along with usb and bluetooth tethering.

I tried the Palm Pre on sprint for 30 days and then returned it due to poor build quality and the keyboard. I loved WebOS though, easily my favorite mobile OS. Over the past week, I have been thinking of getting a Pre Plus and giving it a shot. It's sad to see that Palm is seriously struggling. If I can find a Pre Plus for a reasonable price on eBay or Craigslist, I might take it for a spin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD