There's a hospital in Toronto that's gotten really high tech I mean there using robots, there beds are monitored for comfort etc..i would like to know if BlackBerry is in the center of all of this thanx

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 10:24 PM
    It might help if you named the hospital. Hospitals promote their technology for marketing purposes. Chances are that they are letting a variety of technology company test systems in return for opportunity to use their name as successful implementations of the products complete with prepackaged news segments. TV news programs always like to run these because they are among the most interesting to viewers and cost practically nothing to produce.

Ask any doctor you know about robotic surgery applications and they will tell you that it's mostly PR and adds no value to most procedures. Then do some reading about large outcome studies that show no benefit. Here's a start: Is da Vinci Robotic Surgery a Revolution or a Ripoff?
    09-08-15 10:41 PM
    It might help if you named the hospital. Hospitals promote their technology for marketing purposes.
    Who are they marketing to?
    09-09-15 10:02 AM
    It was on the news last night I didn't get a chance to watch it, all I heard was that it's utilizing robots as nurses etc, so I'm just wondering if BlackBerry is heavily envolved that's all just curious...Cause if they are that's awesome

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:57 AM
    Humber River Hospital?s digital revolution | Toronto Star

Sound cool.

Also sounds like something Chen would be talking about if BlackBerry or QNX were involved.
    09-09-15 11:09 AM
    This article is 100% marketing to the general public to promote the hospital's reputation for modern technology. The various offices will be labeled so that patients can be dropped off. They will have fiberoptic wiring. Robot carts will deliver meds. Lab sample swill be sent in pneumatic tubes. Results will propagate to their electronic medical records. Nursing charting will be done on digital devices. Patients will wear bar-coded bands to match up medication delivery. T

This is all pretty much standard technology for new hospitals.
    09-10-15 01:59 PM